Insimenator.org
April 24, 2024, 10:06:32 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Mod that allows build mode features on apartments?  (Read 5992 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Tawney

View Profile
« on: January 29, 2010, 05:28:34 pm »

It's not that I don't like not being able to add windows and doors when I'm playing a family that lives in an apartment. But I am irritated how when I load the apartment from the neighborhood to build onto the lot (without loading a family) I can't add windows or doors for some reason. However I do like how it's a bit more realistic when you're playing as a family and can't modify an apartment like that. I just want those build features enabled when I go to build on the lot when not playing a family. Is there already such thing as this mod?
ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2010, 06:41:35 pm »

You don't need a mod, you just need the cheats.
Tawney

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2010, 09:03:26 pm »

Oh my gosh, thank you so much! I had no idea there were cheats that did that. Cheesy
caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2010, 10:36:31 pm »

Well I didn't even know that post existed and I'll bet others didn't too. I fixed that. It's now a sticky. Wink

Everybody should believe something.
I believe I'll have more coffee.
thepianomaster

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2010, 06:02:10 pm »

thanks anyway but i tried these cheats and i still could not add, remove or replace doors, windows and so forth.
any info on what i may be doing wrong or links to "mods" would help... thanks in advance Cheesy
HappyThoughts
Lump of Clay

Fear me I'm 5'3" ooga booga booga

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2010, 06:13:00 pm »

I too had a problem with the ingame cheat not working.  All I wanted to do was remove the outside counter so my sims would stop walking outside to place the food on that surface.  The moveobjects on didn't help either.  I look forward to watching this post for a solution.

Engram

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2010, 02:03:26 am »

I have found that in order for build and buy mode to function fully I had to enter both boolprop aptbaselotspecifictoolsdisabled false and boolprop aptsublotspecifictoolsdisabled false. So if you were trying one of the other cheats or only one of those, try entering BOTH and see if that helps.

Ell-jay: lots, sims, defaults and other downloads<br />The Thunder God went for a ride upon his favourite filly.<br />\"I\'m Thor!\" he cried, the horse replied<br />\"You forgot your thaddle, thilly!\"
XPTL297

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2010, 05:22:36 am »

If you are trying to modify an apartment lot when it is not in use (from neighborhood, no one living in it), it is much easier to revert the lot back to residential only (ChangeLotZoning residential), make your modifications, then make it to apartment again (changeLotZoning apartmentbase). You know that everything is alright when you get the different mailbox.
To correct apartments using cheats will have one drawback - when you move the sims out and move in again the apartment will revert to the previous condition (before your modifications). Anyway I do not play apartments much but I noticed that you have constantly to move sims from their apartments once apartments have a tendence to accumulate errors with the playing time. Maybe this was the reason it was defined the way it is.
To say the truth Apartment Life is 100% dependent on a mod from Pescado (FFS debugger). If you do not have it, go there and download it. It seems that EA works for Pescado. Smiley
thepianomaster

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2010, 11:59:22 am »

I entered both cheats and i still could not add/remove build mode objects. i think we might need a mod for this as it seems to be a fairly large problem for a lot of people. Somebody please help Headwall Headwall.
Monk420

FEAR ME FOR I SHALL RULE MY SIMS!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2010, 05:13:32 pm »

I just use the Boolprop testingcheatsenabled true cheat and delete the object out side and so fourth, but that has some effects on your game if you use that cheat to delete things, but hey nothing has happend to me so far...except for that one time with a sim.

Today I sit here wondering if I shall be a fireman today or a ghost hunter or maybe a doctor instead of just crafting potions to turn imaginary friends real.....
Alasdair

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2010, 06:03:49 pm »

What I have learned about these cheats is that in order for them to work you must first enter the lot from the neighborhood. As soon as you are in the lot you enter the cheat code and then save and exit to the hood. Now re-enter the lot and the cheat should be available.

This is the same you have to do with the lot zoning cheats.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: