Insimenator.org
April 19, 2024, 05:05:34 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Program  (Read 4652 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
hutchinsr

View Profile
« on: January 29, 2010, 10:33:11 pm »

Is there a program that will tell me where the download is that is causing the crash. Or is there a program that will remove the damaged download?
caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2010, 10:34:31 pm »

Clean Installer will.

Everybody should believe something.
I believe I'll have more coffee.
Alasdair

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2010, 12:49:33 am »

Also you might try Sims 2 Hack Conflict Detection Utility

Look under Sims2 Programs.

Does your crash happen in the same circumstance every time or is it just random? Most likely it is an incompatible mod or file and neither of these programs will tell you that. The more info you can give us the easier it will be for someone to troubleshoot your problem and suggest possible solutions.
caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2010, 12:56:49 am »

I may have misread your request. For some reason I thought I read you were looking for a program that will tell you what categories your downloads fall into. Clean installer will do that (tell you if something is a clothing item, accessory, etc.) It will also highlight hacks and mods in red, to help you find them all. (I keep my mods in a separate subfile so I can easily pull them out)

One small caveat about the HCDU. It won't tell you what the conflict is, it simply identifies the mods that alter the same global procedure, thus letting you know what mods may hack. Just because they're there, doesn't mean they are conflicting or will, but it's a good starting point. Smiley

As Alisdair said, the more information about what exact problem you're having, the better we can help you.

Everybody should believe something.
I believe I'll have more coffee.
hutchinsr

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2010, 11:45:39 am »

It happens all the time when i go through the decorative section on the sims2, when i go through the all section.
Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

Currently distracted by Something Shiny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2010, 12:14:29 pm »

The half 'n' half method will probably work, too.

Split the Downloads folder in half, test each of them (move the other part to your desktop). Crash? Then the file is in the part you tested. Not crash? Then the part is fine. Put the files that seems OK in a folder named "clean files", so you know which ones are safe. Do this until you've limited it down as far as you get.
It's always smart to test both parts, since there could be corrupted files in both.

I had a random crashing problem not long ago. Turned out it crashed whenever it came over a certain memory limit. Could be a problem if you use Vista. The fix for that particular problem is explained here. Worked like a dream then, though I think I've managed to reach a limit again...  Undecided

My site:

Little Fire Burning - Chapter 85 out

~Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain~
Alasdair

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2010, 09:39:32 pm »

Look for any file that turns the water invisible or transparent. I had a problem with an invisible water file that hadn't been updated that was crashing my game. It was Targas invisible water file if I remember correctly. It made all the objects that contained water to turn the water invisible. ie.. aquariums, hot tubs,  showers and tubs.
hutchinsr

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2010, 12:17:59 am »

Theraven's idea worked.  Thanks
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: