Insimenator.org
May 02, 2024, 03:27:05 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Semi Tech question about Sims 2 on non main drive.  (Read 1478 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
JohnnyB

View Profile
« on: January 21, 2010, 07:07:21 pm »

huh

Hi - I have a problem.  I have way.....and I mean way too much cc of Sims2, to the point of my main drive (let's call it A).  Is there a way I can have my game content on a peripheral drive (Let's call this one D Drive) so I can clear up much needed Megabytes on A drive, and still have my sims2?

Thanks.
JohnnyB
ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2010, 07:48:11 pm »

TS2 expects the folders it needs to be under My Documents.  In order to free up space on the C: drive, which is your primary hard drive, you'd have to move My Documents to another drive.
Engram

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2010, 05:50:16 pm »

How to change the location of your Downloads folder: http://www.modthesims.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:Change_Location_of_Downloads_Folder

Keep in mind that the speed with which the game will load, etc, will be affected by this as the game can only read information on an external drive as fast as the connection (ie. the cable) between the computer and the external drive will allow. If your game suddenly starts to take a lot longer to load from double click to neighbourhood, this is likely the reason.

Ell-jay: lots, sims, defaults and other downloads<br />The Thunder God went for a ride upon his favourite filly.<br />\"I\'m Thor!\" he cried, the horse replied<br />\"You forgot your thaddle, thilly!\"
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: