Insimenator.org
April 29, 2024, 06:49:54 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: WCIF - Na'Vi skin as Default Alien  (Read 4960 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Artha

If in doubt, poke it. *poke*

View Profile
« on: February 01, 2010, 10:44:50 pm »

I thought a Na'Vi as the default alien would be awesome!
If anybody's made one, could you point me to it? Thanks! :3
beaglesfourteen

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2010, 08:05:08 pm »

http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=394069  Grin
I founds it Smiley Poke2
*Admin note: smiley spam removed*
« Last Edit: July 20, 2010, 08:12:07 pm by caffeinated.joy » Logged
caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2010, 08:14:22 pm »

Smilies are pretty and shiny, we know and it's tempting to use as many as possible in one post; however, please don't. One or two is OK, but going wild with them is just plain obnoxious and we will feed you to the angry, malnourished trolls Jenna keeps locked in the basement if you succumb to smiley abuse.

Everybody should believe something.
I believe I'll have more coffee.
sweetkailyn

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2010, 08:22:53 am »

I have lost my 5 year entire sims 2 cc n just joined this site. Though I hardly ever make posts or ask for things I cant help but comment after reading 1 1/2 hours of these forums on Is...
omg  please stop drinking coffee cuz its going to your head!!!

Im sure running a site may be difficult n time consuming but ..dang...walk away from the computer for a second before you flip out on  all your members for every little infraction.
You can lock this if you want idc..but seriously you might need to get a new job.
Excuse me for not being 110% up on all your rules and regulations but I've never seen an admin tweek on as many members and/or guests as you.   huh

I hope you dont take this as being rude..because I'm not trying to be but don't take out all your flustrations out on everyone for every little thing..you will go crazy. sometimes its okay to walk away.  shocked Wink
caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2010, 09:48:39 am »

Actually, better to stop right now and go read our rules, please, so you can be familiar with them. I don't tweak every slight infraction I see and know when to pick my battles. You don't know exactly what I've edited out of the posts I've changed, so don't cast judgements when you can't possibly know the full story (including why it was my name predominantly seen on post edits for a while). Images take time to load; the more there are the longer it takes to load. Some members with slower connections will see an image laden post and get frustrated waiting for it load and just hit the back button. This includes smilies. The more there are on a page, the longer it takes that page to load; hence our three smilies per post rule.

I'm not convinced coming to a site and making your first post one to poke at the staff is a good idea, especially when you admit you're not "100% up" on our rules.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2010, 09:55:34 am by caffeinated.joy » Logged

Everybody should believe something.
I believe I'll have more coffee.
Chaavik
Got Blood?
Super Mod

Criminal Mastermind

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2010, 11:52:01 am »

Some of us actually hold jobs and have families. We don't sit on our butts 24/7 in front of our computers and watch the forums constantly. If we have time, we have time. If not, there's always later or tomorrow.

What do you have against coffee by the way?  tongue

"Humor.. It is a difficult concept.. It is not logical.." - Lt. Saavik, Star Trek: Wrath of Khan
Dancing Squirrels
Don't PM me with demands/requests. Make them here.
Come play Aetolia with us!
kinnika

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2010, 12:13:19 pm »

Whoa... what did I just step into?

*sniffs foot and throws shoe away*

On a more serious and general note, I seem to remember there was a throw-down between an administrator and I at one point. I thought they were going a little overboard with the typical "reprimand". However, we came to an understanding because of some kind of miscommunication, if I remember correctly. Either that, or it was just an issue of not fully understanding WHY they had a rule in place until it was completely explained to me. I find that the cycle of reprimanding an admin in the public forums can ruin time you spend in the forums and can lead to extra drama you don't want with an admin. I find that it does help to just PM them and see first if there is a miscommunication to begin with, rather than stepping on feet in the actual forums. Sorry for the sermon, but it did fix my issue with this particular administrator and now we get along fine.

Not that I don't still have a few issues, because I do, but Cest La Vie! I figured out that they tend to nip things in the butt sooner rather than later due to other members early on ruining things for the people that are on the site today. That makes a world of difference knowing that. So, as Joy said before, I too (even as a member) pick my battles. But remember, too, that the majority of time, if we take the initiative to wave a white flag first, chances are, we'll get one in response.

However, I do agree, it doesn't hurt for not only members, but also administrators, creators, etc. to be polite, no matter who we are or what rank we hold here at InSim. It does help to create a site people won't want to avoid, due to lack of respectfulness and kindness.

(Just a funny note, Joy ~ have you ever notice that our tag lines kind of relate to each-other?)

On to the original topic, Drow...

Have you seen the two main characters for Avatar done by Vera on MTS2? They are beautiful. Just checking to make sure you knew they were there, if you didn't.

« Last Edit: August 19, 2010, 02:25:32 pm by kinnika » Logged

"[T]here's a lot of decaffeinated brands on the market that are just as tasty as the real thing[.]"; Hence: There are a lot of great Sims stuff out there for free that are just as good as name brands you pay for!

So please, take note: http://paysites.mustbedestroyed.org/
Paden
Admin

Great cat of NO mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2010, 01:03:21 pm »

sweetkailyn, if you don't like the way things are run here, you know where the "x" button is to close the window, right? We have rules for a reason and if you find that you cannot abide by them, even though you agreed to when you joined this site, then we can always delete your account. Besides, Joy isn't the hard-ass admin here, I am. Before you look to pick at the way anyone posts, you'd best read your own through before you hit the little button marked, "post" and make sure it has the requisite punctuation and spelling and capitalization needed for people to read it easily, being as we have many ESL members here and proper posting skills are a must for being understood clearly. Don't like my answer to your ripping on an admin? Tough, go find another sandbox to play in.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2010, 01:13:33 pm by Paden » Logged

I'm not a button, so DO NOT PUSH ME.
sweetkailyn

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2010, 12:57:09 pm »

I saw...lol I didnt think I needed to name names
Paden
Admin

Great cat of NO mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2010, 01:54:08 pm »

No, but you badly need to learn how to punctuate, instead of punctuating badly.

I'm not a button, so DO NOT PUSH ME.
SenkoTwiik
Carnival Freakshow

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 20, 2010, 11:45:44 pm »

Wow, I was lookin for Na'Vi skin too and stumbled instead on someone that needs a serious 'tude adjustment (hint: not Joy, Chavvik, kinnika, or Paden).

Let He who is without sin...kick the first arse.

My Girls: http://www.insimenator.org/index.php/topic,108744.0.html
My site: http://voodoonightmares.freeforums.org/
Artha

If in doubt, poke it. *poke*

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 03, 2010, 03:11:22 am »

LOL wow my post for a Na'Vi default alien skin turned into an argument!
Fun!
(Yeah I found some nice Na'Vi sims and they are in my game - Neytiri had a baby! XD )
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: