Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 08:44:57 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: base game cold reactions  (Read 9831 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
MermaidSim

View Profile
« on: February 06, 2010, 09:56:38 am »

You know when a si catches a cold they have strong coughing and sneezing well I need those options for my story. I'd really appreciate it if someone makes me a mod with only those two options in it. Cheesy
Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

Currently distracted by Something Shiny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2010, 11:14:19 am »

There are several pose boxes that might be of help.

JD (You could try the seasons one. Not 100% sure it is in there, but there are several freezing animations, and some fainting animations that could come in handy)
Pose box for children (has cough, and a bunch of other useful animations. It's quite possible there's an adult/teen cough animation in the sit hack, and possibly also in the stand hack too)
Squinges hula hack has a lot, too. Not quite sure if it has cough.

There's a reaction tester too (black box, with three circles on it), but I can't seem to find it. I thought it was at MTS2, but could only find this (Ingame reaction tester, made buyable) which seems to be quite similar.

These paintings, here and here, has a lot of ingame animations too. Not sure about cough here either (there are so many in these that I only manage to keep control over where a few are)
« Last Edit: February 06, 2010, 11:33:47 am by theraven » Logged

My site:

Little Fire Burning - Chapter 85 out

~Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain~
MermaidSim

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2010, 11:58:04 am »

hula and more doesnt have the sneeze only the cough and I have decorgal's child animation hack. and the paintings aswell as JD's seasons hack which only has the allergy sneezes and coughs.
MermaidSim

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2010, 05:58:09 pm »

*bump because no one has answered in weeks* Cry
ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2010, 11:46:31 pm »

No one has answered because what you want is wrong on so many different levels.  You want animations pulled from M&G and put into a base game only format.  I'm fairly certain that doing something like that would bring a whole lot of trouble to the modder that did that and shared it with the community.  It's definitely against the EULA.

A story is simply that, a story.  Certainly there are animations in the base game that, if you capture the picture at the right angle, will come off as a cough or a sneeze.  The actual animations in game, will be revealed in a single snapshot.  It's all about the illusion.
MermaidSim

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2010, 04:01:00 pm »

well i understand the mansions and garden stuff pack but i didnt ask for that in this post all i want is the sneezing and coughing from when they have a cold from the base game so i dont have to worry bout the cold becoming worse or them dying from pneumonia
Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

Currently distracted by Something Shiny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2010, 04:14:12 pm »

Like I said, the sitting/standing pose hacks at Decorgal's site has cough animations. I think there are sneezing animations there, too.
The "die from disease" animations (in various poseboxes) also have coughing. Might be an addition in the hula hack, though I'm not sure.

There's no real point in making poseboxes with animations that already exists several places.. 

My site:

Little Fire Burning - Chapter 85 out

~Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain~
MermaidSim

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2010, 08:10:39 am »

>< it doesnt have the sneezing one
Paden
Admin

Great cat of NO mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2010, 11:45:22 am »

Word of caution, bump your own thread and it gets locked, no matter if it has gone unanswered for a couple of days, weeks or months. It's considered rude and pushy. You have to wait and if you can't do that, you may have to consider the fact that no one knows the answer to what you want to know.

I'm not a button, so DO NOT PUSH ME.
MermaidSim

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2010, 04:58:54 pm »

-___-   rolleyes angry
Hammie
Nervous Subject

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2010, 05:05:10 pm »

Umm, it's not exactly the smartest thing to be a brat to the Admin. I'm sorry you haven't found what you need, but being a priss isn't going to get you anywhere but in trouble. Maybe you should take some time to actually use the "Google" search engine?
-Forget about that link, by the by, I don't use poseboxes or hacked paintings anymore because it makes my game VERY slow. But seriously, being immature about not getting what you want is not the best way to get an answer.
 Lips Sealed

As for what you're looking for, you can get it exactly from Jaydee's site. (Season's action box) on her website here:
http://www.jd-movies.com/seasonsanimbox.php
(Do NOT go crazy with poseboxes and hacked paintings, otherwise your game will be moving slower than molasses in the winter time.)
« Last Edit: February 19, 2010, 05:15:10 pm by Ienjoyhamsandwiches » Logged

I'm currently inactive here, find me over on Garden of Shadows instead.
zombie
Paden
Admin

Great cat of NO mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 19, 2010, 05:33:54 pm »

MermaidSim, I could have gotten on you about the fact that you didn't bother to use proper capitalization and punctuation instead of playing bumper cars with the thread because if you would have taken a quick read through the rules, to be found here, you'd realize that I would have been perfectly justified in doing that as well. It clearly states, and I quote:

We are not the grammar police here and understand typos happen and not everyone is a perfect speller, but if you're not using periods, commas, capital letters and a reasonable semblance of accurate spelling out of pure laziness, we will call you on it.

Quit the attitude while you're ahead.  rolleyes rolleyes rolleyes And yeah, I can add smileys, too.

I'm not a button, so DO NOT PUSH ME.
caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 19, 2010, 06:36:45 pm »

BTW, four days hardly counts as "weeks". Look at the dates of the posts Feb 6 to Feb 10 is four days. I'm going to back up Paden, here. Thread bumping isn't allowed and Paden had every right to just lock this on that principle alone. Instead, she warned you of the consequences (which you would have been aware of if you read the site rules) and left it open for other people to help you. A lot of what you get here is really determined by your own attitude. If you get a reputation for being demanding and ungrateful (you've not once thanked anyone who made suggestions for their help, just demanded more), people won't help you.

You've gotten a few good suggestions and, as ancienthighway said, with picture taking, sometimes the animation's not there, so it's than all about creating a convincing illusion. I can't count the amount of time I've had a sim go through an animation while having the game speed set on slow, just so I could catch the subtleties of a certain loop I would otherwise miss with the game on normal speed. As a result I've found something that worked perfectly for what I needed. You can experiment with blending poses on different boxes, too. Have a sim do one pose and then have them do another without stopping the first one. The two poses will mix and give you something new.

Everybody should believe something.
I believe I'll have more coffee.
MermaidSim

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 20, 2010, 06:24:45 pm »

I've tried every suggested mod that was listed here and I did say "Thank you" but I need this mod made for my video project.
caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 20, 2010, 07:27:37 pm »

Really? I just read through this thread again and not once do I see the words "thank you". Look:

You know when a si catches a cold they have strong coughing and sneezing well I need those options for my story. I'd really appreciate it if someone makes me a mod with only those two options in it. Cheesy

hula and more doesnt have the sneeze only the cough and I have decorgal's child animation hack. and the paintings aswell as JD's seasons hack which only has the allergy sneezes and coughs.

well i understand the mansions and garden stuff pack but i didnt ask for that in this post all i want is the sneezing and coughing from when they have a cold from the base game so i dont have to worry bout the cold becoming worse or them dying from pneumonia

>< it doesnt have the sneezing one

-___-   rolleyes angry

I've tried every suggested mod that was listed here and I did say "Thank you" but I need this mod made for my video project.

There's a "thank you" in your last post, but it's not to express your gratitude to anyone for trying to help. I see a lot of "that doesn't have it" and "I want". I can't speak for anyone else, but you didn't say it was for a video until your last reply, which led me to assume, when you said it was for a story, that it was for pictures. This was why I was having a hard time understanding why you couldn't just play around with poses and animations until you got something that could "fake" a sneeze. There's a animation where a sim rubs under his nose, which I was thinking could be used in a picture to make it look like a sim has just finished sneezing. Knowing from the start it was for a video would have been a great help.

Now, Decorgal has a child animation hack that includes the sneezing (you need to register to download). Before you say it doesn't have it, I just looked at it and it does, under "Health". The text below is a direct quote from the item description:

The hack is a yellow box as pictured above and may be found under Hobbies/Miscellaneous and should be placed in your Downloads folder. I tried to structure the hack in as few submenus as possible and is organized in the following manner:

Talk - Various talking both neutral and positive
Talk Up - Talking looking up to adult
Talk Shy - Shy talking
Talk Strings - General and topic strings
Argue Talker - Argue talking
Argue Listener - Argue listening both defensive and concillatory
Agree - Agree, mostly non verbal
Disagree - Disagree, mostly non verbal
Listen - Listen neutral and positive, mostly non verbal
Listen Neg - Negative listening
Reaction - Reactions both positive and neutral, mostly non verbal
Reaction Pos - Reactions positive, mostly non verbal
Reaction Neg - Reactions negative, mostly non verbal
Gestures - Idle and personality animations
Greet - Various greeting animations
Emotion - Singing, crying, clapping and sad
Action - Action animations and reactions
Play - Playing including idle and play interactions
Health - Health animations including poison ivy, sneeze and death strings
Head look - Various turn head and reaction animations
Weather - Reactions to weather
Misc - Animations not fitting elsewhere including ghost scarer, resurrect, crowsnest

I read in one of your posts regarding JDs Seasons pose box that it won't work because has the allergy sneeze. Why won't that work? It's a sneeze, right? 

Everybody should believe something.
I believe I'll have more coffee.
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: