Insimenator.org
April 19, 2024, 04:46:35 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Residential lot turned into flat "mirror" and is unplayable (Solved!)  (Read 2810 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Mrs_MQuve
Dark Side Princess

The Devil's Daughter

View Profile
« on: February 06, 2010, 05:39:35 pm »

I also post at MTS, so someone over there knew how to solve this weird problem.  If it happens to anyone else, I'd be glad to help Wink

Strange problem... I had been decorating a house I downloaded from MTS2 last night, and I was pretty close to done, when I decided to save.  Then, in the Neighborhood view, the lot detail disappears and is replaced by a reflective rectangle the same size as the lot.  Basically a big, flat mirror.  I went into graphics options and turned off reflections.  No change.  I cannot click on, select, enter, bulldoze, or in any way interact with the lot any longer.  I have no idea what I could have done.  I haven't downloaded any new hacks or mods recently, at least I don't recall doing so.  I have TS2 Deluxe (base game + NL).  Has anyone else ever had this problem?  Any sort of help would be great, because I'm seriously baffled  Confused

<admin edit>
Solution can be found here: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=390544
« Last Edit: February 23, 2010, 12:16:50 am by Jenna » Logged
Engram

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2010, 08:17:57 pm »

So what was the solution?

Ell-jay: lots, sims, defaults and other downloads<br />The Thunder God went for a ride upon his favourite filly.<br />\"I\'m Thor!\" he cried, the horse replied<br />\"You forgot your thaddle, thilly!\"
Mrs_MQuve
Dark Side Princess

The Devil's Daughter

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2010, 10:45:56 am »

It's a little complicated (for me!), so I'll just link you to the thread over at MTS. Smiley
http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=390544
Chaavik
Got Blood?
Super Mod

Criminal Mastermind

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2010, 02:31:37 pm »

Wow, this is useful information! A new tutorial should be set up to inform people how to resolve their issues similar to yours.

This thread will be kept for others to come find the solution. It's not going to be deleted. You helped us understand what your problem was, and what you had to do to eliminate that issue.

"Humor.. It is a difficult concept.. It is not logical.." - Lt. Saavik, Star Trek: Wrath of Khan
Dancing Squirrels
Don't PM me with demands/requests. Make them here.
Come play Aetolia with us!
Paden
Admin

Great cat of NO mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2010, 08:07:04 pm »

Useful information shouldn't be deleted, that's for sure. This kind of issue could happen to others and with your link to the solution, they won't have to go through what you did, so thank you for leaving a link.

I'm not a button, so DO NOT PUSH ME.
ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2010, 11:20:12 pm »

In keeping it, it may be useful to set the title back to what the issue is.  It would make searches and browsing that much easier.
Jenna
Queen of Spamming
Admin

Who farted?

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2010, 12:16:59 am »

Good idea. *waves her magic chainsaw and makes it happen*

Quote from: Engram
Jenna and I make cute babbiez! LOL
Quote from: Isadora
Great, another night of chicken chair typing.
Mrs_MQuve
Dark Side Princess

The Devil's Daughter

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2010, 10:13:47 am »

I'm glad I could be helpful somehow (though Mootilda was the one with the problem-solving knowledge).  I'm a complete newb when it comes to modding.  You should have seen my face when the lot first disappeared. I can't find an appropriate emoticon, although WTF followed by Explode is pretty close. Heh.
Prudensh

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2010, 08:26:08 am »

I get so nerdishly excited when I see new 'problems-solved' threads, particularly when the problem was such a doozy as yours. Great stuff.  YAY
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: