Insimenator.org
April 27, 2024, 09:14:57 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Race and adoption  (Read 6035 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
jimtduffy

View Profile
« on: February 11, 2010, 02:46:12 pm »

Apologies in advance if there is a way to do this and I don't know how. Is there a way to specify the race of a child being adopted? I have a Black family created and decided to adopt some children. Of my three adoptees, the first was a white child, the second an Indian child, and the third another white child. Another family I created which are white when adopting got two black children. What seems to be the random adoptions means that the adopted children then stand out from the rest of the family, something which in the real world is not thought advisable. Is there a way to ensure that the children adopted are of the same race as the rest of the family? My black family now is taking on the look of the United Nations it has so many races in it, made all the more complex when on the white sons of the black family then adopted a black child.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2010, 02:57:30 pm by jimtduffy » Logged
Alasdair

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2010, 12:05:08 am »

Have you tried looking in Squinge's hacks section. He has a couple of different Adoption Mods. Since you didn't mention what expansions you have installed I didn't know which to point you to. Just type Adoption into the Search box from the main forum page and they should all come up and you can get the one you need.

I don't remember which one I am using but it allows me to pick the skintone as well as the age and sex of the child.
caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2010, 12:20:42 am »

Alasdair, this request for a Sims 3 mod. All of Squinge's mods are for the Sims 2.

Everybody should believe something.
I believe I'll have more coffee.
Alasdair

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2010, 07:40:21 am »

oops sorry about that. I missed that.
caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2010, 01:50:41 pm »

LOL, I may have done it once before myself. *whistles innocently*. It's easy to get swept up in the "Oh I know that one!" vibe and not look at what section it's in. Wink

Everybody should believe something.
I believe I'll have more coffee.
jimtduffy

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2010, 02:38:29 pm »

Sorry I should have mentioned. I haven't any expansion packs, just the base game.
Chaavik
Got Blood?
Super Mod

Criminal Mastermind

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2010, 06:26:47 pm »

I don't think it is possible to have a simple mod made to customize a child to adopt like Squinge's adoption mod that does the same thing for Sims 2. He said to me before that that particular mod was NOT very easy to do, in fact very difficult to pull off considering how proprietary the code is for Sims 2.

If this was possible, it would require major revising of the game code itself to modify that part to adopt children like a core mod. Core mods themselves conflict with each other since they will modify the major parts of Sims 3 that is used to run the game.

Maybe down the road, it might become a mod. There are a handful of modders becoming familiar with the basics of Sims 3 modding, core and otherwise. Give someone time, and that might happen.

"Humor.. It is a difficult concept.. It is not logical.." - Lt. Saavik, Star Trek: Wrath of Khan
Dancing Squirrels
Don't PM me with demands/requests. Make them here.
Come play Aetolia with us!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: