Insimenator.org
April 29, 2024, 01:29:10 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Sims can't walk or fly to other lots + Helicopter problems  (Read 2032 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
paran

View Profile
« on: February 21, 2010, 06:30:59 am »

Hi,

Not quite sure whether this is the right section, but I have been having some problems with my game. I have all the EPs and Stuff packs. My sims cannot walk to other community lots, or fly to them. I think witches can still fly to school and work, but I am not sure. Also I cannot take the owned helicopter to work either. I can choose a driver for it, but when it's time for work the sim would not board. When I try to get him/her to "Drive to Work" I get an error saying that there's no action string...or something like that. Also if I use a helicopter to go to a community lot, I arrive fine, but cannot take the helicopter back home. I have to exit to neighborhood screen and then reenter the house to get it to fly back. I thought it was a hack conflict, so I scanned all my downloads with the Hack Conflict Detection Utility, but I don't have any hacks related to traveling at all, and no conflicts to travel were detected either. I have just been getting sims to use their cars and drive everywhere, but it's starting to get on my nerves, when they have to drive to the lot next door.

If anyone has encountered the same problems and/or anyone who has any idea of how to solve this, please help?

Thanks in advance
Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

Currently distracted by Something Shiny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2010, 06:48:50 am »

Could still be conflicting mods or hacks, or some other bad CC. The HDCU isn't fail-proof.

See if the problems continue if you take out all your CC and play on a clean, new lot.

Is it a new problem, or has this been happening all the time?

My site:

Little Fire Burning - Chapter 85 out

~Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain~
paran

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2010, 12:27:19 am »

It has been happening for quite some time now, I can't exactly remember when it started. I only noticed it again when I installed AL and found out that witches can't fly and the helicopter has problems.

Thanks, I'll try and see whether that works.
ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2010, 01:58:00 am »

It sounds to me more like mods that haven't been updated for AL.  They could be mods you recognize as mods, or mods with a 32 character string of letters and number that you don't realize are mods.  If you've downloaded any lots, especially from the Exchange, but other sites may allow mods packaged with lot files, use Clean Installer to scan your Downloads folder, sort on Type, and look for those long garbage file names that have no type.  I'd delete those unless you can in some way identify them as meshes or recolors.
paran

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2010, 09:26:27 am »

Thanks. I have not yet tried to play without any CC so I guess I'll try this way first.
MaddyLou

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2010, 10:08:47 pm »

I had a problem like that, when I tried to use the helicopter the game crashed.
I solved it when I removed all cars from my download folder. Something there wasn´t exp. ready so caused conflict.
Just in case you want to try it before removing all stuffs  Wink.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: