Insimenator.org
April 27, 2024, 04:33:29 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: need help  (Read 1913 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
thunderbird46

View Profile
« on: February 14, 2010, 10:39:28 pm »

huh well i cant get custom skin tones in the game because on the cas menu there is no custon skins. also i cant get hack and mods into the game. i downloaded and instant skill and all hidden skills and nothing comes on to the game. i'm just wondering what to do? Undecided
Chaavik
Got Blood?
Super Mod

Criminal Mastermind

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2010, 07:05:32 pm »

Okay, a few things to consider and take steps to resolve the problem:

1. Did you install the mods into the right location?

For XP, this would be different depending on whether you have Sims 3 World Adventures and/or Sims 3 High End Loft.

The following locations if applicable to you:

Base:

C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Mods

World Adventures:

C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3 World Adventures\Mods

High End Loft:

C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3 High-End Loft Stuff\Mods

Remember that the mods do not go into the Downloads directory for Sims 3 like the Downloads directory for Sims 2. You must install the mods in the above directories under Program Files. This is applicable to Vista and Windows 7 if they have directories called Program Files.

2. If this is your first time installing mods for Sims 3, this might help you out a lot:

Delphy's Sims 3 Monkey Install Helper

This little program installs mods and whatnot for you. No technical skill or knowledge is required for you to set the folders up and install them. This program does it all for you.

IF you were already using the above program and having trouble installing or using the mods with this program, you might want to post your questions and/or issues in that thread.

3. Is Sims 3 patched to the latest version?

If you have only Sims 3, it should be patched to at least 1.8.x or 2.4.x. If you have only World Adventures with Sims 3, it should be patched to at least 2.4.x. If you only have High End Loft with Sims 3, I think it should be updated to at least 3.3.x. If you have all three, it should still be updated to at least 3.3.x.

4. Are the mods compatible with Sims 3 and later expansion packs/stuff packs?

Make sure the mods you downloaded will work with what you have installed.

The skintones will not be readily available in the CAS menu. They will be obvious if you see them applied TO the Sims you create. The skintones are not items you can click and choose in CAS. They will be applied automatically to the Sims when you create them.

5. Are these mods conflicting?

Depends on what you downloaded to install. These mods will definitely conflict if they affect the same objects, skills or Sims. Book skills will conflict with other book skills. Skill mods will conflict with other skill mods. Only one type of mod can be used to affect something. You can't have two skill mods installed for example.

To check for conflicts, you can download this simple program:

Delphy's Sims 3 Dashboard

This program is nifty and useful for finding conflicts with mods and even hairs, skintones, objects and whatnot. Please do read the documentation there and be sure to understand how to use the program properly.

Hope this will help you take steps to resolve the issues with your mods and game.

"Humor.. It is a difficult concept.. It is not logical.." - Lt. Saavik, Star Trek: Wrath of Khan
Dancing Squirrels
Don't PM me with demands/requests. Make them here.
Come play Aetolia with us!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: