Insimenator.org
April 19, 2024, 06:08:36 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: -> A mod that changes money a new sim family gets?  (Read 4762 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
fytj

View Profile
« on: February 16, 2010, 07:07:21 pm »

Ever since The Sims 3 has come out and I first played it, I've always thought that 16000 simoleons to start a sim-life is just ridiculous: I have to play on epic life span to be able to save a decent amount of money without my sims dying of old age in the process, just because I'm constantly spending money on repairmen, on bills, on food...  Undecided
I know I can kaching my way around it and all, but I don't want to have to cheat everytime I decide it's time to play with a new sim. And I don't want my sims to have a gigantic starter budget either; just a decent one like the 20000 simoleons in The Sims 2...

I've looked around, checked mod the sims, checked the sim wiki but I was unable to find a mod that changes the starter budget in the sims 3.

Has one been made yet?  huh
Chaavik
Got Blood?
Super Mod

Criminal Mastermind

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2010, 07:27:14 pm »

Try TheNinthWave's Millionaires By Default mod for Sims 3. He hasn't stated whether it works with High End Loft or not, but he did say he has World Adventures and it worked for him.

Try that one. If that is too much, then maybe I could look into making a reasonable starting money mod if you don't want $1,000,000 for your new Sim families. Or keep looking around to see if someone else already made one similar to TheNinthWave's mod. Try Google and use keywords like Sims 3 start money mod for example.

Let us know if this works for you or not.

"Humor.. It is a difficult concept.. It is not logical.." - Lt. Saavik, Star Trek: Wrath of Khan
Dancing Squirrels
Don't PM me with demands/requests. Make them here.
Come play Aetolia with us!
fytj

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2010, 07:44:27 pm »

I had a look around and, except for TheNinthWave's mod, I just keep getting cheat codes and starter houses for google searches like "sims 3 starter budget mod" "sims 3 default money mod" "sims 3 family budget hack" and searches like that...

A million is definitely too much for me. I was barely hoping for a mod that'd set the starter budget to 20.000, or a maximum of 30.000. Just enough for my sims to be able to actually save some money without having to live in a box with a bed, a fridge and a toilet. -_-
Chaavik
Got Blood?
Super Mod

Criminal Mastermind

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2010, 08:12:39 pm »

Okay, how about 25,000? Is that a fair medium between 20 to 30 that you were looking for? And this should be in the requests section if you intend for this to be a request?

"Humor.. It is a difficult concept.. It is not logical.." - Lt. Saavik, Star Trek: Wrath of Khan
Dancing Squirrels
fytj

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2010, 08:27:53 pm »

Oh, that would be great!

I wasn't expecting this thread to become a request which is why I didn't put it in the request section. But now that it has, if I can still move it there I'd be happy to do so if anyone could tell me how exactly that's done...  Smiley

Anyway; thanks a lot for bothering! It'll really make playing more enjoyable!  Cheesy
Chaavik
Got Blood?
Super Mod

Criminal Mastermind

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2010, 08:29:39 pm »

All right. No problem! Check back for further updates. I am sort of busy but I will get to it when I can this week.

Dancing Squirrels
fytj

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2010, 08:36:29 pm »

No problem at all, no need to hurry.
And thanks a lot! Cheesy
Chaavik
Got Blood?
Super Mod

Criminal Mastermind

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2010, 05:55:04 am »

Actually, I discovered 3 flavors of the money mod do exist for Sims 3. Shanow made 3 flavors to give your starting families money: 10,000, 30,000 and 50,000. I felt this will be much better for you to look at since I realize I don't have a lot of time on my hands to look into making a mod or feeling the need to create another mod to add to a zillion Sims 3 mods that do exactly the same thing that you requested.

Take a look at Shanow's Starting Money Mod and try one of the flavors. I think 30,000 isn't being unreasonable unless you want your Sims to be miserable and live in extremely cheap homes, then 10,000 will be a fun challenge.

Dancing Squirrels
fytj

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2010, 04:54:13 pm »

That's the kind of thing I was looking for!

Thanks! Smiley
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: