Insimenator.org
April 19, 2024, 09:41:40 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Recolor of medrops's Xemnas hair  (Read 3464 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
signalfirefly

View Profile
« on: February 10, 2010, 01:22:23 am »

I'm looking for a recolor of http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=296456 in red. Specifically, this red:

http://i904.photobucket.com/albums/ac243/signalfirefly/ScreenShot_011010_175647.jpg
http://i904.photobucket.com/albums/ac243/signalfirefly/ScreenShot_011010_175649.jpg

(I know Sshodan's Xemnas has a red version, but I like this mesh better.)
Engram

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2010, 09:54:06 pm »

Would that colour be considered "red" or some sort of "dark ginger"? I know that human ginger hair is called red but I would like to distinguish between regular fire engine red vs human ginger red. I don't play that game, whatever it is, so I have no idea what that hair colour looks like in other situations, but from the pictures it looks like the colour would be more ginger than actual red.

I might have a go at it, since it should be easy enough to just recolour if there is no retexturing involved. I just need to know the actual colour wanted.

Ell-jay: lots, sims, defaults and other downloads<br />The Thunder God went for a ride upon his favourite filly.<br />\"I\'m Thor!\" he cried, the horse replied<br />\"You forgot your thaddle, thilly!\"
signalfirefly

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2010, 10:29:22 pm »

Something like that, I think. I'm not sure about the ginger thing, but I'd guess it's somewhere between the dark ginger you mentioned and a very red auburn. The closest comparison I've found is actually red velvet cake. Pretty much that color.

Thanks!

(It's World of Warcraft, by the way.)
Engram

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2010, 09:15:16 pm »

I did 5 different reds. A regular ginger, a dark ginger, a kind of fire-engine red that I saw on pics of red velvet cake, a blend of the red and the ginger and a slightly darker red. The files are named like what you see in the pictures below, plus they have mouseover text in both Bodyshop and CAS so you should be able to remove whichever you don't want either in-game or by just deleting the file(s). All of them are binned into the custom bin with unnecessary ages removed because the wonky teen and elder were freaking me out  Grin The last two will probably suit you best, but I've included all of the files in case you wanted to check them all out.

Bodyshop preview

In-game preview, taken outside in "natural" light. The sims were all talking to each other hence the stupid facial expressions  Cheesy

*Admin note: download link removed - see below* You can safely delete whatever you don't want as the recolours are not dependent on each other in any way.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2010, 09:51:32 pm by caffeinated.joy » Logged

Ell-jay: lots, sims, defaults and other downloads<br />The Thunder God went for a ride upon his favourite filly.<br />\"I\'m Thor!\" he cried, the horse replied<br />\"You forgot your thaddle, thilly!\"
caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2010, 09:50:44 pm »

Once again, I would like to remind you (as I seem to keep on doing in this section), please do NOT use this section for sharing your cc. We have a section for that, so please use it. If you don't want just anyone to have it, then send it via pm.

Everybody should believe something.
I believe I'll have more coffee.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: