Insimenator.org
April 18, 2024, 11:57:34 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Slow Game? * Solved!* The culprit? A chubby little curious toddler!  (Read 3406 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Hammie
Nervous Subject

View Profile
« on: February 17, 2010, 05:21:08 pm »

Okay, so recently, my game has made me want to murder it. I have 320 GB + of memory, a good graphics card, and no clashing mods/hacks/downloads and the Sims 2 Conflict Detection Utility says I don't have any problems there either. I JUST deleted all the houses (CC-less, btw) from my SavedSims folder. But honestly, my Sims is acting just like it does in Camera mode. *headesk, facepalm* I've got a totally healthy computer -I checked, and nothing's about to crash & burn. I was just curious, if it isn't these d_mn exchange houses, what else could it be? I spend most of my time PO'd at my game than actually enjoying it now.
(I also deleted .cache flies) I just wanted to see if I needed like a patch or something...
(Sorry if it's not in the right thread. I'm not the best poster, but I've read every sticky- I promise!!)  Grin
« Last Edit: February 17, 2010, 08:14:27 pm by Ienjoyhamsandwiches » Logged

I'm currently inactive here, find me over on Garden of Shadows instead.
zombie
madkitty
Total Noob

Somewhat on Hiatus

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2010, 05:34:17 pm »

My game used to be slower than a turtle without legs, until I got rid of some downloads I didn't use and got moar ramz and memory.

Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

Currently distracted by Something Shiny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2010, 05:35:45 pm »

How much downloads do you have (in GB or MB, count in both Downloads and SavedSims folders), and what are your graphics settings? These two have a lot to say.

On graphics settings, turning off shadows and reflections helps a lot. Downloads - depends on how much memory you've got.
And no, you don't have 320 GB of memory, since that's harddrive. 1-8 GB memory is the most usual.

And why do you have houses in the SavedSims folder? They do really belong in the Downloads folder if there is CC in them.

In comparance:

On my old laptop, I had XP, 80GB harddrive (about 10 GB available), and 512 MB memory. With 8-9GB of downloads, all settings on high (reflection and shadows off), loading time was 1 hour or more, and playing was extremely slow.

On my new computer, Windows Vista, 1TB harddrive (574 GB available), 4GB memory (because of some vista fault, I've fixed the gamefiles so that the game uses 3GB instead of 2GB memory). With about 15-16 GB of downloads, all settings on high (reflection on, shadows off, since they annoy me...), loading time is about 20 minutes, and gameplay is fast enough. Though, I do think I've got too many downloads, since the game still tends to crash, or run out of memory...
« Last Edit: February 17, 2010, 05:49:57 pm by theraven » Logged

My site:

Little Fire Burning - Chapter 85 out

~Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain~
Carlwashere
Irrationally Optimistic
Site Santa!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2010, 05:43:31 pm »

320 GB of memory? I think that's your hard-drive.  Cheesy
Anyway, try turning down some graphics settings, if your game loads up it doesn't sound like a CC problem. If it's just laggy as all heck, try turning down some settings, like theraven said.

I need more freetime.
Hammie
Nervous Subject

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2010, 08:12:45 pm »

I just figured out what was wrong. A career was attached to one of the exchange lots. But, it was still running slow, so I took the disc out of the drive. It was covered with fingerprints. Sticky little fingerprints belonging to a chubby little toddler. *sigh* I'm sorry for all the trouble. Kids, huh?

Cheesy

Thanks!!

I'm currently inactive here, find me over on Garden of Shadows instead.
zombie
Carlwashere
Irrationally Optimistic
Site Santa!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2010, 08:23:26 pm »

LOL. That works.  Cheesy
Glad it works again!

I need more freetime.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: