Insimenator.org
April 25, 2024, 07:13:36 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: WCIF: Mod to make npcs clothing change permanant ?  (Read 2133 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
redcoyote

View Profile
« on: February 18, 2010, 10:11:16 am »

I have Christianlov's Simbotique Clothing rack. When I change the an npc's clothes they change back to their original clothing. Is there a way to stop it ?
Paden
Admin

Great cat of NO mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2010, 11:52:47 am »

Why not send the maker of the mod an email about the problem and see what can be done about it?

I'm not a button, so DO NOT PUSH ME.
caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2010, 12:42:41 pm »

Or post in the thread on MTS2 where you can get the mod. Wink Christianlov checks and replies to the threads there on a regular basis. One thing I can tell you, just from having skimmed thorough the comments posted there, is this has not been tested with AL, so if you have AL, it's a use at your own risk thing.

Christanlov's post regarding the matter:

it was not tested in al...
this actually temporarily changes sim's family, so it may do harm if al is treating family living in apartment lots in a different way. uni dormies were ok, sims living in residential lots will be ok too, but aparment residents... i don't know...

Again, to reiterate when you have a problem with a mod it's always best to go to the source, when you can. The creator will always be the person who know the mod best and will be able to fix it if there are problems. Smiley

Everybody should believe something.
I believe I'll have more coffee.
ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2010, 01:08:14 pm »

Christianlove's mod was never designed to permanently change the default NPC clothing.  There is a program on www.simwardrobe.com that will do that.
ladymiriam

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2010, 05:07:42 am »

http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=89766&c=1

This stops sims and NPCs changing back into their own clothes.  I use it in conjunction with the Boutique and don't think I have any issues, I have all EPS up to M&G-although just because it works ok for me doesn't guarantee the same for you.  You need to register at Mod the Sims to download.

edit: some NPCs cannot be changed with the Boutique, the social worker for instance, so the NPC Replacer needs to be used for that.  The Boutique will also not allow the food judges or the break dancers to be changed although the option is there for them, when they turn up they just stand and do nothing.  The NPC Replacer only covers NPCs up to NL I think so cannot be used for those NPCs.  I suspect SimPE may be needed for those sims.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2010, 07:36:34 am by ladymiriam » Logged

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: