Insimenator.org
April 16, 2024, 02:56:49 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Sims 2 Mod? *Thanks, Chaavik! Lock it up if desired!*  (Read 5918 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Hammie
Nervous Subject

View Profile
« on: February 18, 2010, 03:53:34 pm »

Hi-
A few months/weeks (I can't remember, I'm quite absent minded, hehe.) ago I requested a more realistic birthing experience. The Admin said to request it somewhere else because it's an adult mod. And I really, really, respect that. So, please no one bite my face off...
But- what I meant is, more realistic labour animations. Just like the ones in TS3. Preferred, the ones in TS3. I realise this would require a lot of work, and if it's impossible, please just tell me. I read the sticky that any mods requested to be compatible with the "Inteenimater" would be locked. So, it doesn't have to be, at all, but if it is, could the creator just post that it is? You know, just so our games wouldn't explode.
Again, sorry if I am making anyone think I'm a dunce. I have all EPS, Mansion & Garden Stuff, Celebration Stuff, and Teen Style Stuff.

:grin:
Thanks in advance!
*crawls back into cave*
« Last Edit: March 13, 2010, 04:24:17 pm by Ienjoyhamsandwiches » Logged

I'm currently inactive here, find me over on Garden of Shadows instead.
zombie
Paden
Admin

Great cat of NO mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2010, 04:13:48 pm »

The thing is, if you want realistic animations for it, someone would have to be very, very talented at being able to write the code for the game to be able to show them. While yes, people have made certain animations for riding bicycles and such, code already existed that was easily modified, I believe. Your best bet for the kind of poses you want would be to get pose boxes or something. Other than that, I think you are pretty much S.O.L. Sorry.

I'm not a button, so DO NOT PUSH ME.
mariewade

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2010, 05:19:00 pm »

theres a birthing animation here but you have to be 18 or older to regester

Admin note: We don't link to adult sites unless you do it through PM, thanks.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2010, 05:59:31 pm by Paden » Logged
Hammie
Nervous Subject

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2010, 06:36:30 pm »

Thanks for all your efforts everyone! I don't mean to get sappy, but I absolutely love this site. It's so awesome. Everybody's so nice!  YAY

zombie
Chaavik
Got Blood?
Super Mod

Criminal Mastermind

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2010, 07:16:08 pm »

Both TS2 and TS3 birthing animations are the same with one difference - players can opt to send the pregnant Sims to the hospital to have their babies in TS3.

If you're looking to just having the realistic birthing animations in TS2 instead of some mod to send them off the lot and return with a new baby in their arms, all you have to do is disable the game events in Game Options. I'm not in my game right now to give the exact instructions, but there is an option in the Camera tab of the Game Options section that you can disable to stop the game events from happening. You then can see your Sims giving birth instead of being jerked to an event that only shows the plumbob splitting into two.

As for a mod to send a pregnant Sim off the lot and return with a new baby.. None was done. It is not possible to do that at all.

"Humor.. It is a difficult concept.. It is not logical.." - Lt. Saavik, Star Trek: Wrath of Khan
Dancing Squirrels
Don't PM me with demands/requests. Make them here.
Come play Aetolia with us!
Hammie
Nervous Subject

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2010, 08:20:27 pm »

Ooh! Awesome, thanks, Chaavik! I was so sick of the cinematic crap. You'd think after playing the game for six years I would've figured this out by now, haha.  Cheesy
« Last Edit: February 19, 2010, 06:04:24 pm by Ienjoyhamsandwiches » Logged

zombie
Chaavik
Got Blood?
Super Mod

Criminal Mastermind

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2010, 01:01:02 am »

Cheesy

"Humor.. It is a difficult concept.. It is not logical.." - Lt. Saavik, Star Trek: Wrath of Khan
Dancing Squirrels
Chaavik
Got Blood?
Super Mod

Criminal Mastermind

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2010, 08:15:52 pm »

Touching base here for you, Hammie:

I discovered that there is a package of mods that do exist for Sims 2. It's called Hospital EP done by Chris Hatch and his team over at BackAlleySims and I think the family-friendly version is available at its sister site Sims 3 Valley or something like that.

The Hospital EP does send pregnant Sims to a special lot (it is both residential and community lot) that's marked as a hospital with its own doctor(s) and nurses to care for the sick and for the pregnant Sims.

It is not an official EP, but it does feel like a major EP considering that you can now send sick or pregnant Sims to a special hospital in their own 'hood. I'm sorry for stating before that no mod exist, but at the time I stated this, I wasn't aware that the Hospital EP does exist.

The documentation, instructions and objects are included with the EP so all you have to do is to sit down to read the documentation and instructions about building a hospital and using it. It is confusing at first how to get the hospital to work, but it is not that hard really.

I haven't checked the family-friendly version since I am not registered at Sims 3 Valley, but I have the adult version that uses special naughty nurse outfits and skintones with adult bits for the nurses. So that might be different from the family-friendly version. I understood that you can use the Hospital EP with the base game. I have up to Mansion&Garden as my latest EP installed, so I had no issues using the EP.

Chris had done an excellent job with this Hospital EP. I can't say enough about the work he had done for Sims 2. I don't think he is doing anything for Sims 3, but he revived a lot of interest in continuing with Sims 2. I look forward to more new ideas and EPs from him in the future.

Hospital EP:

Back Alley Sims

This link leads only to the site where you have to register to browse at either the family-friendly or the adult sites. No direct link to the adult content is included.

Should be able to find Hospital EP under Downloadable EPs or something like that.

Dancing Squirrels
Hammie
Nervous Subject

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2010, 07:55:11 pm »

Thank you for touching base, Chaavik. I've tried this mod, but it crashes my game. Thank you anyways. I've started getting a lot better at building of late though.  Cheesy

zombie
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: