Insimenator.org
April 24, 2024, 06:38:56 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Overwhelmed  (Read 10685 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Aquarius

View Profile
« on: February 19, 2010, 07:52:39 pm »

PROLOGUE

Marcus Roberts is the living definition of a Super Star. His name is all over practically every movie poster you could find, he earns millions of dollars for every movie he stars in, he's married to one of the Sim World's most gorgeous swimsuit models, with whom he has a beautiful baby girl. He has money, fame, power, everything a man could want. But he's missing one thing that he desires over everything else in the world, to establish a good relationship with his 12 year old son, Miles.

Despite how they feel about each other now, Marcus and Miles were actually very close when Miles was little. But after the death of his first wife and after getting re-married to Swimsuit Model, Simone Evans, Marcus noticed his relationship with Miles was slowly deteriorating, to the point where they go almost whole weeks without speaking to each other and Miles constantly sneaks out of the house to hang out with boys 4 years older than him. What he does when he's with his "friends" Is completely unknown to Marcus but he does know that whatever they do, it's not good or legal. He tries to talk his son out of hanging out with those boys but the talks normally end in loud arguments followed by Miles storming out of the house.

His son's rebellious behavior, combined with the stress of taking care of a 3 year old, shooting movie after movie after movie, and his wife's constant demands that include sending Miles to military school, are taking its toll on Marcus to the point where he has dreams about retiring from acting, leaving Simone, his daughter Angel, and Miles, and living out the rest of his life in complete solitude, only to wake up crying when he realizes it's only a dream. Can Marcus get his and his family's lives together before they completely fall apart? Or will he make his dream of leaving them a reality?

CHAPTER 1 SHOULD BE UP SOMETIME BETWEEN TONIGHT AND TOMMOROW EVENING(most likeky Tonight)

http://dragcave.net/view/FQZT<<<< clickety click click

*Moderation Note:  Only 1 image may be used for signatures.  Must be no larger than 250w x 50h pixels.*
Aquarius

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2010, 11:13:28 pm »

Marcus has just returned home from a filming "Sim Monkies in Space 3: The Sequel's Sequel Star Wars" and, just like every other time he returns after being away from home for long periods of time, he tries to patch things up with his son, or at least get them to start speaking again.

After he said hello to Simone and Angel he walked upstairs to Miles room and lightly tapped the door

"Come in" he heard Miles say

"Heeeey Champ" Marcus said cheerfully

Miles gave a small nod, which was his way of saying "Hi, now leave"

Marcus ignored Miles usual attempts to get him to leave him and alone

"So...whatcha reading?"

Miles, sensing that his father wouldn't be leaving any time soon, decided to answer his question and hopes he becomes automatically uninterested and leaves

"It's a manga" Miles replied

"A what"

"A japanese comic book, this one is called Death Note"

Marcus immediately regretted asking him that. He had no interest in stuff like that and Miles knew that just as much as he did. Nevertheless, Marcus at least pretended to be interested, until he figures out how to change the subject

"Death Note huh? Sounds cool."

"Mmmhm"

".....Soooooo what's been going on since I've been gone

"The usual. I stay cooped up in my room, Simone finds something to blame me for and spends an hour lecturing me, and Angel keeps me up all night with her snoring and crying in her sleep."

"Sounds...fun"

Miles gave Marcus a look which was basically telling him "Yeah, about as much fun as getting your teeth pulled". Not being able to think of anything else to talk about, and wanting to get out of this rather awkward situation, Marcus says goodnight to his son and goes down to the kitchen to raid the fridge...just like every other time he gets home from work. Afterwards he goes into his bedroom and lies next to Simone, hoping for some "Welcome home, action". Unfortunately for him, "whoo hoo-ing" was the last thing on Simone's mind

"You need to do something about that boy!" Simone protested

"What did he do now" Marcus sighed

"He's been nothing but a burden since you left! Getting in trouble at school, neglecting his chores at home, disrespecting me! You know what he said to me!?"

"What" Marcus said, pretending to be interested

"Hey said 'Yeah right, like I have to listen to you! You're not my real mom' Can you believe that little son of a b...."

"Careful dear, remember what your therapist said" Marcus warned

"My therapist can go die in the deepest pits of hell! I want that child out of my house!" Simone yelled

"It's not just your house, honey. It's the family's house" Marcus said calmly

"He ain't in my family! He's made that perfectly clear, several times! Oh and another thing!"

Marcus let out a large sigh "What now?"

"He's still sneaking out at night and hanging with those trouble making teenagers! He tries to tell me they don't do anything but I ain't stupid! I know exactly what they do over there!"

"Really? And what exactly DO they do when he's hanging out with them"

"Isn't it obvious!? They're clearly getting high!"

"No way, Miles is too smart to do something like that" Marcus laughed

Simone laughed even harder "Oh, and what do you think they do over there"

"They play video games and read magmas"

"You mean manga?"

"Whatever, they're not doing anything bad. Let's just forget about it and go to sleep" Marcus said while turning on his side and going to sleep

Simone sighed "Whatever you say dear"

She kissed her husband on the cheek and followed his lead

"Hello? D-Roy? It's Miles."

"Heeey little man, what's up"

"Nothing. My idiot father just got back from shooting some dumb movie and just tried to talk to me. He's such a loser"

"Dude, your dad is like the highest paid actor in history and your stepmom is smokin' hot! He's far from a loser"

Miles threw up in his mouth a little. He was amazed that anybody fount that evil she-wolf attractive. Then again, he thought she was pretty hot before she became his stepmother so maybe D-Roy has a point

"Whatever. Are the guys over?" Miles asked

"Yeah, we're all over here getting completely stoned. You should come join us"

Miles smiled, he needed a good smoke to get his mind off of his sorry excuse for a family. And to escape Angel's loud snoring(he shares his bedroom with Angel in case you haven't caught on yet)

"Allright, I'll be there in like 10 minutes" Miles said

"Miles, open up" Simone said while knocking on Miles and Angel's bedroom door "Angel's nose is clogged up again, I can hear her snoring all the way from my bedroom, I need to give her her allergy medication"

Simone kept knocking but to nobody would answer the door. She turned the doorknob and was surprised to see that it was unlocked. Miles normally keeps his door locked at all times

"Miles" she whispered while opening the door "Sorry to wake you but I really need to give Angel her medi..."

"OH HELLLLLLL NO! MARCUS!!! MARRRRRCUS!!"

*Moderation Note:  Only 1 image may be used for signatures.  Must be no larger than 250w x 50h pixels.*
Aquarius

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2010, 10:01:40 pm »

"Whoo-hoo" D-roy exclaimed "Man I am soooooooo baked"

"I know right!" Nathan replied "Hey Miles. You doin' ok?"

"I'm more than ok. Man I'm so high, I can barely think straight" Miles said happily "I love coming here, you guys really know how to have a good time"

"Yeah, becuase spending hours killing your brain cells is sooooooo fun" Miles heard a familar a voice behind him say

"..oh God" Miles groaned

"Get the hell up!" Simon shouted "You're coming home"

"Uggh, don't yell so loud. You're ruining my buzz" Miles complained

"Do you think I care!? I said get up!"

Miles got up but he had intentions of going home. He was tired of Simone always trying to boss him around. "Who the hell does she think she is?" Miles would often ask himself "my mom?"

"You know Simone? I'm getting a little tired of you! Why do you care so much about what I do outside the house? It's not like you like me or anything! It's not like i have to listen to you!"

"The hell you don't!" Simone protested "You live in my house! Eat my food that I buy with my money! You piss not only in my toilet BUT in my bedsheets too! And while you live in my house and use all of my things! You're gonna follow my rules!"

Miles friends began snickering

"Dude, you still wet the bed?" Sam asked

"No!" Miles said

Simone laughed "Oh really!? I got the soiled bedsheets in my car! Don't think I won't show them to your little friends!"

"What is wrong with you!?" Miles yelled "Why are you always trying to ruin my life"

"I don't try to do anything but be a good stepmother, And as your legal guardian, I am ordering you to say good-bye to your friends, and get the hell in the car so we can go home where you'll have a nice long chat with your father!"

"Screw my father! He won't do anything"

"Really? He seemed pretty pissed when I left out the house to get you"

"See? If he really cared, he would have come gotten me himself!"

Simone raised her hand to strike Miles across the face, but right before her palm made contact with his face....

"heeeeeeey baby" D-Roy said "What's with all the negativity? Come sit down with us, have a few puffs"

"Boy, all that weed has been messing with your brain. Do you know who I am? Do I look like the type to get high?"

"Yeah, I know who you are. You're that hot swimsuit model I've seen on TV. You look good in that bikini. How about you slip into one of my sister's and we can have ourselves a nice, long, night"

"Um...are you getting fresh with me?" Simone asked

"Hell yeah! So what do you say?"

FIVE MINUTES LATER

"Simone! What did you do!?"

"He ain't dead if that's what you're thinking. And unless you wanna end up like him, I suggest you say bye to your friends who are still conscious, and go get in the car"

Miles opened his mouth as if he was gonna say something back, but then he looked at D-roy and decided that it'd be best to just do what Simone said

While in the car, Miles noticed Simone making several wrong turns.

"Um...our house is back there" He said

"We aren't going home yet" Simone answered "We're going to the laundromat and you're gonna wash those bedsheets"

madkitty
Total Noob

Somewhat on Hiatus

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2010, 10:31:32 pm »

Haha, manual labour always sends a message.

Aquarius

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2010, 10:36:44 pm »

Yep. the message being "Don't f[beep] with Simone" D-roy found that out the hard way

Aquarius

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2010, 04:33:59 pm »

After they returned from the laundromat, Miles, unfortunately found out that Simone wasn't lying about that "stern talking to" he'd get from his father. He didn't know what was pissing him off more. His dad trying to lecture him, or the smug grin on Simone's face while she watched him being yelled at, clearly enjoying every second of it.

"What the hell is wrong with you!? Sneaking out and getting high!? I thought I raised you better than that!" Marcus yelled "If your mother could see you now..."

"Don't start that crap again!" Miles yelled "She can't see me, you, or anybody anymore! She's dead! But since we seem to speaking hypothetically, if she could see YOU now, and how much of a wuss you've turned into, she'd be rolling over in her grave!"

"What are you talking about!? How am I a wuss?" Marcus asked

"How about the fact that the only reason you're yelling at me now is becuase you Simone told you to! You're really gonna let your wife boss you around like she does?"

"She doesn't boss me around, I'm yelling at you because I'm extremely upset and disappointed in you"

"Yeah, you're sooooooo upset. That's why Simone came and got me instead of you" Miles said sarcastically

"Don't bring Simone into this. It's not about her. This is about you and you're bad attitude! We used to be so close but ever since your mother died you've been a selfish, disrespectful, ungrateful brat!"

"It wasn't when mom died that I started to hate you! It was when you married this piece of trash and let her completely take over our house! And then you had a kid with her!"

"That kid happens to be your little sister, and you will leave her out of this as well. None of this has anything to do with Simone or Angel." Marcus snapped

"You're missing the point you moron! It has EVERYTHING to do with them! I can't even look at either one of them without being reminded of how much my life sucks! And how much of a little bitch this woman has turned you into! You're like her lapdog or something, always doing what she says like you have no backbone of your own!!!"

Marcus couldn't believe what his own son was saying to him! He was on the verge of tears, it seemed just like yesterday he was giving him piggy back rides around the house and tucking him into bed every night. Now look at them! He wanted nothing better to do than to break down and cry, but he wasn't gonna let Miles see that

"Go to your room! And stay in there until I think of a suitable punishment for you" Marcus ordered

Miles gave one last glare to Simone, she smiled even harder, he could tell she was fighting back the urge to laugh. he stormed upstairs to the third floor, slammed and locked the door behind him and sat on his bed, thinking about how much he missed his mother, and how much he wished she could see what this so called family has become

"Where did I go wrong, Simone?" Marcus sobbed "I've always been a good father to him! Where could I have possibly gone wrong!?"

"It's not your fault, dear" Simone reassured him "Some kids just don't live up to their parents' expectations."

This wasn't making Marcus feel any better

"But look on the bright side" she continued while handing Angel to him "You still have one child who you can always be proud of"

Angel gave her father the best hug he'd had in a long time. He always loved it when his little Angel hugged him. But sadly, even his daughter's cuteness couldn't cheer him up today. But for the sake of his family, he put on a fake smile and pretended to be feeling better.

Back upstairs...

After Miles decided he was done being depressed, he went into the computer room next door and started chatting with his friends. That is of course until Simone comes upstairs to try and ruin his fun again.

"I don't remember your father saying you could leave your room" Simone said

"I don't remember ever caring what he has to say" Miles snapped

"You know how much that man does for you? How many movies he's refused to be in to try and spend time with you? How much time he's refused to spend with ME to try and get your sorry ass to like him!?"

"I'm missing the part where I'm supposed to care."

Simone unplugged the computer

"You're missing the part where I'm trying to tell you to start treating me, your sister, and your father with the respect we deserve"

"Yeah, because my lapdog father, his airhead wife, and their drooling brat are worth sooooooo much respect"

"Airhead, huh?"

Back downstairs...

Marcus heard a series of loud thumping noises and screams coming from upstairs. This could only mean one thing....

"Oh God Simone, not again! Practicing Tae kwan Do on your child is illegal!"

"What? It shut him up. And I only broke 3 ribs this time" Simone smiled

"I swear, one day you're gonna have Social Services knocking on our door"

After returning home from the hospital(and lying about Miles falling down the stairs...again) Marcus and Simone put Angel to bed and then went to sleep themselves.

That night, Marcus dreamnt that he ran away to a tropical Island, where he did nothing but kicked back and relaxed, enjoying the peacefulness. No ungrateful Miles, no nagging Simone, no crying Angel. For once since his first wife died, he felt completely at peace.

But then he woke up
« Last Edit: February 23, 2010, 07:11:45 pm by Aquarius » Logged

Hammie
Nervous Subject

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2010, 06:46:26 pm »

I love this story! I'm addicted! But I loathe Simone. I hate her completely. It seems like she doesn't even love Marcus! She should go to jail, or something for going kung-pow-chicken on the poor li'l dude! >:] She's lucky she's not in my game otherwise, I would have dropped a satalite on her, zombified her, and fed her to Earl, my cow plant!

Great work!!
 Grin

I'm currently inactive here, find me over on Garden of Shadows instead.
zombie
Aquarius

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2010, 07:08:59 pm »

LOL trust me. Simone is not the villain of this story and she actually does love Marcus(but obviously hates his son) She's just naturally b*tchy. You'll find out soon enough. She's actually my favorite character in this story. So badass  Grin
« Last Edit: February 23, 2010, 07:15:39 pm by Aquarius » Logged

Hammie
Nervous Subject

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2010, 07:13:20 pm »

LOL. OK. Can't wait!  Cheesy

I'm currently inactive here, find me over on Garden of Shadows instead.
zombie
Carlwashere
Irrationally Optimistic
Site Santa!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2010, 07:28:42 pm »

I agree! Simone is bada**! I agree.  Marcus should stop being a pansy.  Grin
Woo for premium anti-sass parenting!
EDIT: I wouldn't take it to the point of physical abuse though. Just clearing that up.  Cheesy
« Last Edit: February 23, 2010, 09:05:29 pm by Paden » Logged

I need more freetime.
Aquarius

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2010, 06:56:37 pm »

Marcus was hoping that his son's latest butt kicking would make him a little more respectful towards him and Simone. Unfortunately, after he returned from the hospital, things went back to how they were(only Miles remembered to lock his door whenever he'd sneak out)

After Miles got home from school he immediately went up to his room and worked on his homework, he figured he might as well begin doing good in school so he can go to college and away from his family. Almost exactly after he finished, his phone rang

"Hello?"

"Hey man. It's Nathan"

"Hey. What's up?" Miles asked

"The guys and I are going down to the nightclub. You feel like coming with us?"

"Nightclub? But it's 4 pm"

"Exactly. It wont be as crowded there since it's not night time yet. You coming or not?"

"Sure"

"You're stepmom isn't gonna come and interrupt things again is she?"

"No. She's off doing a photoshoot in Paris. And my dad's too busy with Angel to notice me being gone"

"Cool. See ya there then."

Sneaking out of the house took a lot longer than Miles had expected. Angel just happened to be asleep at the moment so Miles had to do some quick maneuvering to escape his father. Once he arrived at the club, he was a little baffled that is friends weren't there yet, especially since they all lived closer to the club than he did.

"Heeeey. I know you!" Said a familiar voice "You're Damien's little friend, Miles"

Miles turned to face the voice coming from behind him and saw Monica, D-Roy's twin sister.

"Oh, hey Monica"

"Hi there cutie." She said after giving him a strangely affectionate hug "What brings you all the way out here"

"I'm waiting for your brother and the guys to get here. How about you?"

"I just got off of work and didn't really feel like going home. You wanna hang out until Damien and his friends get here"

"Sure" Miles said excitedly

He scared himself a little at how quickly he answered her, she barely even got a chance to finish her sentence. He couldn't help being excited though. After all, it's not everyday when a 16 year old hottie asks you to hang with her in a nightclub.

"And so after I got this cute bellybutton ring, i drove to the mall and bought a bunch of cute outfits. Like the one I'm wearing now" Monica said cheerfully

Miles had been listening to her babble on about nothing for the past hour and despite having not caring whatsoever about what she was talking about, he didn't wanna tune her or tell her to shut up like he'd normally do to his parents or teachers. He couldn't explain it, but there was something about her that made him interested in everything she said

"And then I when I went to school, I saw that Tiffany was wearing the same outfit as me. So I threw my flaming hot peppermint mochaccino in her face and made out with her boyfriend in front of her, while she screamed in pain from the third degree burn. Then her skin on her face peeled off and she looked HORRIBLE, almost like she was some type of burn victim or something"

"Wow, that's so awesome. I wish I could throw coffee in somebody's face and make their skin peel off"

"Yeah.......hey. You wanna dance?" she asked

Miles jaw dropped. First she asked him to hang out with her and now she wanted to dance!? This was turning out to be the best day of his life. He hoped his friends forgot they were supposed to meet here

Hanging out with Monica was the funnest thing Miles had done in a while. He didn't want their time together to end. Unfortunately...

"Sorry Miles. I just got a text from my dad. He wants me to come home."

"Aaaaw" Miles groaned "But we were having so much fun"

"I know, I know. Tell you what, I'm having a party at my house in a few weeks. You wanna come?"

"....Yes, YES OH GOD YES!" Miles yelled and then quickly covered his mouth "Um..I mean yeah. I'd love to come"

"Good. See you then"

Miles didn't even have time to prepare himself for what happened next...

It was like all his worries in the world had vanished with that one kiss...from a 16 year old girl. As she walked away he just stood there in a daze, he felt as if somebody had put him in a trance.

"...whoa" Miles said to himself

Meanwhile, at D-Roy's house....

When Monica walked through her front door, rather than seeing her parents or her brother, Nathan was there to greet her.

"Hi there" he said

"Oh! Hey. You know you shouldn't wait at the front door like that, you scared the crap out of me when I walked in"

"Yeah, yeah, whatever. Come with me to D-Roy's room, Him and Sammy are in the kitchen and I'd rather not haven them eavesdropping"

Monica and Nathan tiptoed past the kitchen into D-Roy's room. After making sure they weren't followed, Nathan locked the door

"So, how'd it go?" Nathan asked

"Exactly how you'd expect a date with a 12 year old boy to be. He couldn't take his eyes off me the entire time. He even looked like he was about to cry when I told him I had to go."

"Excellent...hey...your lipstick is smudged........OMG you sicko, did you kiss him!? He's freaking twelve!!!"

"Hey, he deserved it after putting up with the mindless babble I had to make up on the spot to see if he liked me enough to listen to all of that. But then I ran out of stuff to make up so I told him about the time I burned Tiffany's face off. You think you can forgive me"

Nathan sighed "Well at least you got the job done. Come here"

"So he doesn't suspect anything?"

"Nope. Everything's going all according to plan"

madkitty
Total Noob

Somewhat on Hiatus

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 26, 2010, 07:13:11 pm »

shocked   wowza! 

Aquarius

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 26, 2010, 07:15:00 pm »

Yep. I thinks me senses the villains of this story. Just wait and see

Aquarius

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 05, 2010, 07:16:06 pm »

Simone received a call from her agent, telling her she had a photoshoot with Liz Simson at a studio all the way out in Pleasantview, Paris. Which meant she would have to leave Marcus with Angel and Miles for a few days

"No biggie" She said to herself "Angel is never a handful and Miles will probably just find some clever way to sneak out the house...again."

Despite her telling herself everything would be okay, Simone still had her share of worries. Worries that included whether or not she'd return home and see Miles kneeling over Marcus' bloody corpse with a meat cleaver in his hands.

These worries were eventually put to rest and she was actually able to have a good time. After taking a few pictures, Simone and Liz decided to go visit the local spa and where Simone had one of the finest massages she'd ever experienced. She could feel her stress literally flying away, due to both the massage and the fact that Liz was a good listener

"Wow" Liz said "Your stepson sounds like a real d*****bag"

"Oh, it gets worse. He constantly sneaks out the house to go smoke pot with boys that are like 4 years older than him. And I think he might be in a relationship with one of those boys' twin sister!"

"What!?" Liz gasped "He's only 12. Don't most 12 year old boys think girls are 'icky' ?"

"Nope, apparently the 'ickyness' wears off once they hit puberty." Simone laughed "I remember when I first moved in with my husband. Miles was about 9 years old and Marcus was trying to have 'The talk' with him."

"OMG." Liz giggled "How did that turn out"

"Miles almost threw up!"

Simone and Liz both began laughing so hard, they almost rolled off the massage tables.

"Hey!" One of the masseuses  complained "You two have to stay still or we could end up doing some serious damage to your back!"

"Sorry" Simone said "Won't happen again....OMG Liz I forgot to tell you about the time I hid in Miles closet and burst out when he walked into his room! I thought I gave him heart attack!"

After their massages, Liz had to go pick her boyfriend up from work. Having nothing better to do, Simone went to a Jazz concert and ended hopping stage and singing, once the band played her favorite song. Normally security would have dragged her out, but the audience seemed to be enjoying her(plus she promised to give them each $100 if they let her jump on stage and sing at least one song)

However, Her 15 minutes of fame was short lived. She received and urgent call from Marcus in the middle of her "Grand Finale"

"What do you want!? I'm kinda in the middle of something right now"

"Hey honey, sorry to interrupt...whatever it is you're doing but um...well...Miles and I have gotten into a bit of an argument over whether or not I should put the plasma screen in the living room in his room. I told him no but he picked it up and took it upstairs anyway. And he's barricaded himself in his room so I can't go in and grab Angels diapers, which she desperately needs"

Simone sighed

"Don't worry, I'm on my way"

Simone arrived home about 6 hours later. As soon as she walked in the door she was immediately forced back into "Mom mode". She had to kick Miles door down, retrieve the TV, ground Miles for another week, listen to his complaints and empty death threats, chang Angels diaper, clean up the mess of a house that's been created in her absence, and try to hook the TV back into the wall.

"You know Marcus, you are really unbelievable. I leave for one day and you let the house go to hell. I had 3 days worth of photos I still needed to take! You know that me leaving early means that I wont be getting paid again!?'

"I know honey. I'm sorry"

"Sorry won't replace the $25,000 I just walked out on!"

"We're millionaires Simone! Will not being paid this one time really kill you?"

"That's not the point Marcus! I was having fun! That was my first time in a year, not having to be the responsible parent! You get to go off and make movies every month or too while I get stuck with Angel and Miles! I need a break too!" Simone said, almost on the verge of tears

Marcus felt sorry for Simone and tried to cheer Simone up by spending some "quality time" with her

"Not now Marcus, I'm very upset with you!"

"Ok, ok. Whatever you say"

Marcus made several more attempts to "Whoo-hoo" and Simone eventually got so annoyed that...well...

« Last Edit: March 06, 2010, 07:46:59 pm by Aquarius » Logged

madkitty
Total Noob

Somewhat on Hiatus

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 05, 2010, 10:18:17 pm »

LOL, denied.

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: