Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 10:47:06 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: WCIF: Noah Bastian sim that used to be here  (Read 3570 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
duranna

View Profile
« on: February 22, 2010, 03:04:20 pm »

Some time ago, I think it was back on the old insim, someone made a sims 2 version of the actor Noah Bastian. Unfortunatly I had to reinstall recently and lost the sim. I found the sim isn't uploaded here anymore but I'd love to have it back. If anyone knows if it's still uploaded anywhere or if someone has him for me, I'd be very grateful.

I'm sorry I can't provide picture of the sim as I have none left after the reinstall so I understand that makes it hard. I know he came with blond Kavar's edge for hair and a red sweater on jeans for normal wear. He was uploaded here under the name of Noah Bastian. There were seperate adult and teen versions.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2010, 07:55:30 pm by duranna » Logged
Paden
Admin

Great cat of NO mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2010, 08:02:50 pm »

I did a complete search of the celebrity sim section and didn't see either version, sorry. It could have been lost during the move when we broke away from Walt, or even sooner. Just how long ago did you download him, do you remember?

I'm not a button, so DO NOT PUSH ME.
Chaavik
Got Blood?
Super Mod

Criminal Mastermind

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2010, 08:11:08 pm »

Also, do you remember who created Noah Bastien? It would help us find out more whether the original creator did upload a Noah Bastien Sim somewhere else beside here.

"Humor.. It is a difficult concept.. It is not logical.." - Lt. Saavik, Star Trek: Wrath of Khan
Dancing Squirrels
Don't PM me with demands/requests. Make them here.
Come play Aetolia with us!
duranna

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2010, 08:25:36 pm »

I did a complete search of the celebrity sim section and didn't see either version, sorry. It could have been lost during the move when we broke away from Walt, or even sooner. Just how long ago did you download him, do you remember?
I made the request on the end of july 2008, so I most probably downloaded it in august.

Also, do you remember who created Noah Bastien? It would help us find out more whether the original creator did upload a Noah Bastien Sim somewhere else beside here.
Unfortunatly I don't. I only recently started coming back here and I really can't remember who made it. If I did, I could atleast try to contact the person.

Thank you both for trying to help, by the way. I realize it's probably a futile effort but I wanted to give it a try anyway, to see if someone knew anything.
caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2010, 08:33:45 pm »

There was a lot of drama going on at the end of 2008 with the Walt fiasco and a few creators were yanking their creations from here to take elsewhere. I did a search for the sim for you but, unfortunately, came up with nothing here.

Everybody should believe something.
I believe I'll have more coffee.
duranna

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2010, 09:16:12 pm »

Little update: After going over the member list in an attempt to jog my memory, I'm almost certain Adreyn was the creator. I'd pm her, but she hasn't logged in since 2009, apparantly.

It's also odd since she has other creations uploaded still.

Edit: I google searched her, but can't find a website she has logged into recently. I'm afraid she stopped playing. Thanks alot for everyone's help anyway, I really appreciate it. I'm not going to request a new version however, since I feel I've made enough requests as it is overall and everyone has always been so kind as to help out.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2010, 06:33:20 am by duranna » Logged
Chaavik
Got Blood?
Super Mod

Criminal Mastermind

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2010, 03:46:29 am »

If you still want that particular Sim, then maybe you can make a nice request to have the Sim remade with the specs you provide. Maybe someone will do it for you.

"Humor.. It is a difficult concept.. It is not logical.." - Lt. Saavik, Star Trek: Wrath of Khan
Dancing Squirrels
Don't PM me with demands/requests. Make them here.
Come play Aetolia with us!
Engram

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2010, 04:39:41 am »

The main problem seems to be that it was a request. It used to be that filled requests would be posted in the request threads rather than in the main downloads area. And all the request threads got purged in December 2008 when the site moved servers (to put it mildly). So even if the sim's creator didn't yank their downloads off the site, it could just be that the thread the sim was in just got purged with the rest of them. And chances are that because the creators used to be able to just attach the download file to the post rather than hosting it on a filehosting site, even if it was Adreyn who made the sim, that the creator no longer has the file as they uploaded it to the site rather than to a file host. As has already been stated, your best bet would probably be to make another request.

Ell-jay: lots, sims, defaults and other downloads<br />The Thunder God went for a ride upon his favourite filly.<br />\"I\'m Thor!\" he cried, the horse replied<br />\"You forgot your thaddle, thilly!\"
duranna

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2010, 08:06:02 am »

I suppose you're right. I just wanted tomake sure it was gone first. He was uploaded in the hunks section so I was hoping someone might have him ingame. If I can find some good shots I suppose I could make a new request.

Regardless, thanks to everyone for their help, I really do appreciate it.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: