Insimenator.org
April 23, 2024, 09:17:20 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5
  Print  
Author Topic: What TS2 Hack Do You Regret Putting In Your Downloads Folder?  (Read 30408 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Hammie
Nervous Subject

View Profile
« on: February 24, 2010, 03:06:52 pm »

Everybody's done it at one point or another. You find a hack you think will be grand, but it really just makes you want to kick yourself  in the bum for putting it in your downloads folder.
For me? Only one...
INTEENIMATER!!
Gah! I HAAAAAAAAATE that hack. You cannot imagine how much mental pain it has given me! *fumes*
It's higher maintence than a toddler! (And I should know...  Wink)  *hides axe behind back* Sooo, anyone else wanna share about a hack gone wrong?
 Evil
« Last Edit: April 20, 2010, 07:07:12 pm by Ienjoyhamsandwiches » Logged

I'm currently inactive here, find me over on Garden of Shadows instead.
zombie
Aquarius

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2010, 03:58:06 pm »

oh wait, I was gonna install inteen. what's wrong with it!?

http://dragcave.net/view/FQZT<<<< clickety click click

*Moderation Note:  Only 1 image may be used for signatures.  Must be no larger than 250w x 50h pixels.*
Hammie
Nervous Subject

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2010, 04:26:31 pm »

Nothing's "wrong" with it. It's just, it clashes with about every mod known to man. And, if you have up to AL, your game will snap reset your household if one of your pregnant teens gets an A +. And, they're not EVEN TEENS! Just some weird teen-adult hybrid. I suggest this one: http://ls.paysites.mustbedestroyed.org/booty/ts2/sims2living/
It's compatible with pretty much everything (except Inteen) and keeps your teens, well, teens! No snap resetting, either, no game crashes, either! Download it at the link above (booty link) and follow the Readme's instructions. Plus, Inteenimater is now unsupported. Click whichever teen woohoo you require based on EPS. The AL version, of course, works for Mansion and Garden. Your pregnant "Teens" with Inteenimater loose loads of interactions other normal teens normally have. To control their pregnancy like the Inteenimater, download the Insimenator on this site and use the Reproductive Controller. (Microwave) which you can purchase from buy mode if you download the .OBJ version.  cool I have all EPS, Celebration! Stuff, Mansion and Garden, Ikea Home Stuff, and Teen Style Stuff.
**INSIMENATOR IS UNSUPPORTED**

Whoa, I feel like a nerd. LOL.
Let's just say... In my Opinion...
Inteenimater= Massive fireballs falling from sky + ruining your game (most likely)
& Sims2Living= Happy unicorns eating candy and farting butterflies (Haven't found any bugs yet)
« Last Edit: March 29, 2010, 03:15:48 pm by Ienjoyhamsandwiches » Logged

zombie
Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

Currently distracted by Something Shiny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2010, 04:40:07 pm »

Got all games, and a huge bunch of hacks (including inteen/insim) and so far inteen hasn't clashed with anything (that I know of). Depends a lot on how good you are to sort out what you really need, and what will clash...

My site:

Little Fire Burning - Chapter 85 out

~Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain~
Hammie
Nervous Subject

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2010, 04:48:18 pm »

Grin  I meant Squinge's hacks, Sim Blender, ect...It's really not compatible with most things anymore. Unfortunately. And, there are
many, many, MANY, things it's not compatible with (That don't show up on the hack detector, unfortunately...). I'm not trying to be rude. I'm just saying from personal experiences. I think it hates me. I'm not trying to be bratty. If I sound it, but so far, Inteen and I are like, toothpaste and orange juice. LOL.
Not to mention it can sometimes erase game data. And, your teens loose a lot of their "teen" abilities, like check self out, play on playground, chill, ect.. and Squinge's mods he made for those don't really go so hot together. Oh, and you can't use Simwardrobe's weapons with it, either. *sigh* Oh how I missed my crate of throwing axes...

zombie
Prudensh

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2010, 04:55:25 pm »

I too have Inteen, insim and some hundred other + hacks for aeons and have never had any problems. huh
I always run the hack conflict utility from Simwardrobe before installing any new hacks and while I know it is not infallible it has served me well. I agree, most of Squinge's hacks are incompatible with Inteen but that's the choice I've made.
I would give up my game before I gave up Inteen (and Insim).
Out of interest, why simblender? Insimenator and Inteen are a perfect match, at least they always have been for me.
Hammie
Nervous Subject

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2010, 05:00:35 pm »

Sim Blender allows more options. More family instant relationships and putting babies up for adoption. But everyone's got their own opinion, and that's totally cool.  cool Plus, Inteenimater takes away the teen's voice and makes them sound like adults. I love the teen voice. It's so sweet. I used to feel the same about Inteen, thinking I'd die without it, but then I got a taste of Sims2living and I ain't never going back. LOL.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2010, 05:30:30 pm by Ienjoyhamsandwiches » Logged

zombie
caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2010, 05:21:44 pm »

Also Sim Blender is a supported mod and still under development, while Insimenator is not. Smiley

I don't have many hacks in my game, so I really can't say I regret any of them.

Everybody should believe something.
I believe I'll have more coffee.
Prudensh

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2010, 05:43:16 pm »

I actually never noticed about the Teen's voices  rolleyes And if I have ugly unwanted babies they usually meet a very sticky end courtesy of Insim or the more traditional methods. Evil

So insimenator is a bit like Sims 2 then, caffeinated.joy  Grin

Anyway to answer your original topic, a hack I totally hated was See Them which caused all sorts of horrible jump bugs in my game, as well as Sims appearing and dying on the very edges of my lots (because I wouldn't notice they were there- ironic that it was caused by a mod called See Them!  Cheesy) and they would just starve to death. Quaxi's blur remover is a much better and safer option for me.
Aquarius

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2010, 06:08:32 pm »

When I was new to the whole custom content thing (and back when I had a desktop) I downloaded a bunch of outfits and skintones I'd later regret, especially when I didn't know what "default replacement" meant(the fact that some of them looked good in CAS but HORRIBLE when I actually played the game didn't help much either) and didn't know how to remove custom content or even what folder they were in. I downloaded the lazy way via Q-express(i think that's what it was called) which is no longer available. I still can't believe my download folder on my laptop is as large as it is and I've yet to see any negative repercussions gameplay wise but with the sims 3 only have about 10 custom content files and my game already f[beeps] up

http://dragcave.net/view/FQZT<<<< clickety click click

*Moderation Note:  Only 1 image may be used for signatures.  Must be no larger than 250w x 50h pixels.*
Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

Currently distracted by Something Shiny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2010, 06:22:27 pm »

An usable sword (from MTS2) that looked really cool - but caused jump bugs all the time. I had serious problems getting it work correctly, and luckily I didn't save the game. Removed it shortly after testing it.

Also, a non-updated version of the Imsimenator after I installed a new EP. Jump bugs, sims that didn't move, and other serious problems. But switching it with the updated verision worked wonders.

Oh, and that incendiary bomb from simswardrobe. The lot seemed to never stop burning, and I never used the bomb again... I tend to test stuff like that for fun, for never to use them again...

Other than that, the over 10000 unsorted files I had back when I was quite new to downloading is the worst I've ever had in my downloads/savedsins folders (that was before I knew I could use sub-folders).

I guess I've had my share of hacks and mods that didn't work like they should. But at the moment everything seems to be working (except for the memory problem I've got - my game doesn't really like 18GB  shocked of downloads).

My site:

Little Fire Burning - Chapter 85 out

~Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain~
Carlwashere
Irrationally Optimistic
Site Santa!

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2010, 07:03:25 pm »

I personally had not had any hacks screw up my game. Except for one SUPER outdated mod from MTS that I should of saw coming. It was just a jump bug and nothing more. So that'd about it.

I don't have inteen, or plan to get it.
I personally would like it if real teens would be happy as kids themselves, because they are (myself included). But that's my opinion on it.
I guess you can call me old-fashioned. Smiley

Back on topic, I don't really get much hacks at all. Just Sim Blender, Insim, and just other random hacks for random stuff.

I need more freetime.
simneesee
Queen of All She Surveys
Site Santa!

Hey, what's goin on?----i'm confused...

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 24, 2010, 07:06:11 pm »

While I never had a technical problem with ACR, it is a little irritating to hear that BOING sound every time your Romance sim decides to flirt autonomously with every male sim, while her boyfriend is standing right there...and its a little strange to hear the baby music on the other side of the house, when you know you didn't tell the sims to WooHoo in the first place lol...
I don't have Inteen, Insim, or Sim Blender, because I'm slow enough as it is, and its almost guaranteed that I'd screw up my game royally lol

Gaah I never know what to put here!!! But while you're here, click my dragon egg please Smiley
Hammie
Nervous Subject

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 24, 2010, 08:40:20 pm »

@carlwashere

Aw, Carlwashere, that's sweet. I wish more boys were like that. I don't really enjoy watching my classmates suck face in the hallways everyday. *sigh*  tongue

zombie
Paden
Admin

Great cat of NO mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 24, 2010, 09:13:35 pm »

Every now and then I regret putting in the satellite drop hack that I got from MTS, but then I see it land on Don Lothario and don't regret it a bit. I just grin from ear to ear and bring him back via the resurrectnometron thingie in the reward category. Ahhhh, I do so love seeing squished Donnie-boy. I wonder what would happen to a sim if I had them stargaze using the telescope, though, haven't tried that one yet... Yes, I am evil. Muwahahahahahahahah!!

I'm not a button, so DO NOT PUSH ME.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5
  Print  

Jump to: