Insimenator.org
April 26, 2024, 06:32:08 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
  Print  
Author Topic: What TS2 Hack Do You Regret Putting In Your Downloads Folder?  (Read 30429 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
MaryH

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: March 29, 2010, 11:02:43 am »

You're right about ACR-it does seem to make everyone "love-happy"..and I've been tempted to take it out of my dl's as well, and I have before. Doesn't seem to make much difference, except that the romantic "interaction" is not automatic.
The Fight Club one is darned good, though..and I've seen it used to actually fight to the death a couple of times.
But I don't like the zombie apocalypse-they turn everyone zombified too quickly, so that you lose complete control of the neighborhood very fast.

caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 29, 2010, 12:30:29 pm »

Yeah, Hammie, the HCDU is a good tool, but it's not a fix all, as you've seen. The thing with it is it doesn't really find conflicts, it just locates the mods that modify the same behaviors in the game and have the potential to conflict. Like theraven said, I have all my mods/hacks in a separate subfolder so, if there is a problem and I know it's with a mod, I only have about 20 or so files to sort through instead of a few thousand.

Yeah, that few. LOL. I told you I didn't have a lot of hacks.

One thing I avoid like the plague, though, is custom foods. In my entire time simming I've downloaded two and had one (I think it was a lasagna or something - it was a few years ago) that borked my game up to hell and back so badly I had to scrap it and start over. I'll stick with the food in the game from now on, thanks.

Everybody should believe something.
I believe I'll have more coffee.
Hammie
Nervous Subject

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 29, 2010, 03:00:39 pm »

@Caffinated.Joy-
I agree! My game once became a field of exploding fire bombs from adding peach ice cream to my game! Talk about upsetting- I love peach ice cream, LOL.  Cheesy

I'm currently inactive here, find me over on Garden of Shadows instead.
zombie
Spartle

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 29, 2010, 03:10:40 pm »

Oh, no!  I've got quite a few foods as CC.  What can they do to the game?  Now I'm worried my 'hoods will go splat.  *insert worry beads macro*
Hammie
Nervous Subject

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 29, 2010, 03:14:25 pm »

Spartle-
It doesn't always conflict, but usually it does. It just depends if it works properly. If you think the custom foods may bork up your game, then go into your search programme on your computer and search up the custom food's file names and remove them. If you want to be even safer, delete your .cache files afterwards and let the game reginerate them at start up. It'll be totally okay.  Wink Has your game been exhibiting any odd behaviour?

zombie
Spartle

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 29, 2010, 03:23:36 pm »

No, it's been behaving just fine.  The only thing that happened is neighbourhood story albums disappeared after I deleted Veronaville.... but I assume that's entirely unrelated.
Hammie
Nervous Subject

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 29, 2010, 03:37:55 pm »

That happened to me once, when I went into my computer and wiped out all the snapshots and thumbnails. That'll happen. It'll make your game look really borkified, but it's perfectly fine. It's also a great way to save space.

zombie
caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 29, 2010, 03:39:56 pm »

Custom foods can act in the same way conflicting mods will, because they too are EP and SP dependent. Same thing with custom CAS screens and custom careers. I avoid those, too.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2010, 04:16:04 pm by caffeinated.joy » Logged

Everybody should believe something.
I believe I'll have more coffee.
Hammie
Nervous Subject

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 29, 2010, 03:43:30 pm »

@caffinated.joy-
Ugh, custom careers are the worst. The last time I had one of those, I would have been better off shoving a bomb into my computer. Lost plenty of sleep figuring that out.  tongue

zombie
Paden
Admin

Great cat of NO mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 29, 2010, 04:05:43 pm »

Crap, maybe I ought to get the custom wedding cakes out of my downloads folder... Maybe that's what is causing my sims to jump up from the table before they're done eating. Those are the only custom foods I have, too. Wonder if that's why I can't put the stupid left-overs away, as well. Poop.

I'm not a button, so DO NOT PUSH ME.
Sita

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: March 29, 2010, 08:32:26 pm »

Oh yes, and I never use custom careers. They break my game over and over again. I had some I loved, maids and firemen galore... really badly broke it and wiped out entire Hoods. And for some strange reason, so do downloads from the Maxis site.

and http://simechoes.org for Sims 1 and 2
MaryH

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 29, 2010, 08:57:38 pm »

It's funny, but most custom careers don't do anything to my game. Custom foods, I don't know about, but I've had custom beverages and they just take over the fridge-defaults.

But I've heard that custom foods will bork your game faster than any mod will.

Spartle

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 29, 2010, 10:37:48 pm »

Wow.  I had no idea they were bad.  *sigh*  I like them, too, but away they will have to go.
Ruffnut
aka KyleTheArtist

Totally Crazy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: March 30, 2010, 12:06:13 am »

The one that effed up my apartment mailbox  rolleyes

Stelio Kontos
Resident Reptilian
Loot Looker

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 30, 2010, 06:41:34 am »

I once had a Mafia career.......never downloaded a custom career after removing it.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
  Print  

Jump to: