Insimenator.org
April 18, 2024, 10:52:26 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Sim time system (needing various duration mods)  (Read 2320 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Ghealaicg

View Profile
« on: February 25, 2010, 11:09:19 am »

Hi!
I'm quite new in here and not really sure how and from who I should ask this.
I'm so tired to unrealistic durations of stages of life and pregnancy that i have designed Sim Time System that I would like to use. In that system 2 days equals one month and 24 days mean year.  Obviously I need some global mods for this.
And I'm without any knowledge about modding. I would like to be able to do next things.

Durations of life stages

Baby, 1 year= 24 days
Toddler, 1-5 years, 120 days
Child, 6-12 years =  168 days
Teen, 13-18 years = 144
Adoult, 19-59 = 888
Senior 60 - 62-100 = 48-912

Durations of pets life stages

Cub phase would last one year = 24 days
Adoult phase would last 11 years = 264 days
Elder phase would last 2-8 years = 48 -
192 days

Duration of pregnancy
first trimester 6 days
second trimester 6 days
third trimester 6 days

Duration of each season would be 6 days

I have read that InTeenimator would be conflicting with some duration mods. Because I'm trying to get my game  more realistic, I would like to have mod that enables teenage preagnancy and woohoo. I also would like that even woohoo would have 10% chance to get preagnant. And of course holliday mods for summer and winter. 2 days in winter and six in summer.

I would be very gratefull if you could help me with this somehow. Even some part of these would be appreciated greatly. I know that here are similar mods, but I would like to have exactly these durations and etc. because I really do want to have everything to add up. But directing me to some mods that does these things Would be also appreciated. I have been trying to find these without any resoults
Chaavik
Got Blood?
Super Mod

Criminal Mastermind

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2010, 05:40:05 pm »

Take a look at TJ's age duration hack. He outlined what was being done to certain age groups, but the mod serves as an excellent way to learn adjusting the values for however you want for each age group.

The values TJ assigned to the mod seemed realistic enough for me. The only age group that's not affected by the mod is the Young Adult group whose aging process is stopped once they go to college. So they're excluded. BUT if you want them to be Young Adults for longer than the normal Maxis semesters (1 Semester = 3 days), you can alter the values to a shorter college stint or a longer one for your YA. I think that part is in a different BCON, but it shouldn't be hard to find with SimPE. Someone at MTS did post a couple flavors to shorten or lengthen the college year. I don't remember the name right off the top of my head, but you should be able to locate that without a problem if you want to adjust the values for the YA group.

"Humor.. It is a difficult concept.. It is not logical.." - Lt. Saavik, Star Trek: Wrath of Khan
Dancing Squirrels
Don't PM me with demands/requests. Make them here.
Come play Aetolia with us!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: