Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 03:57:45 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9
  Print  
Author Topic: So I spoke with an employee of EA Sims 3 team today..  (Read 74984 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
roerzman

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: April 09, 2010, 10:05:06 pm »

So sad but I tend to agree with you on this. "Pride goeth before the fall."

I shall disagree. You can't survive on pride alone, in the end the mighty Dollar rules supreme, and so do the shareholders, let's wait and see shall we.
Nonni
Site Santa!

Who would Nonni rather kiss? Naughty Nonni!

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: April 10, 2010, 09:22:23 pm »

"Hope springs eternal"  YAY

Isaac Newton defined tact as "the art of making a point without making an enemy."
Ambular

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: April 10, 2010, 11:15:50 pm »

I'd be interested to see, not only sales figures for TS3, but sales figures for the various TS2 collections that are still on the market.  I wouldn't be too surprised if TS2 is outselling TS3.  XD

My Sims 2 Stuff:  Ambular's Artifacts | MATY
roerzman

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: April 28, 2010, 10:18:18 pm »

"Hope springs eternal"  YAY

Their upcoming installment is titled Ambitions. An appropriate title one would think, hmmmm, let's see if that pulls the fat out of the fire for them.
jessijohan

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: May 14, 2010, 01:27:04 am »

Thank goodness!  Rock  That was my biggest problem with the sims 3.  I thought, how could the Sims 3 world look so realistic and the sims look so much like Shrek characters?  Also, Does anyone else have the problem that the sims look different in the lots than they do in the CAS screen?  I don't know if its just my computer or what, but it's very annoying.
roerzman

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: May 27, 2010, 04:32:12 am »

Thank goodness!  Rock  That was my biggest problem with the sims 3.  I thought, how could the Sims 3 world look so realistic and the sims look so much like Shrek characters?  Also, Does anyone else have the problem that the sims look different in the lots than they do in the CAS screen?  I don't know if its just my computer or what, but it's very annoying.
I think this goes back to cutting down system demands. The fools at EA. are under the illusion that the vast majority of players are retirees or teens playing on ten year old Pentiums or some old hand me down.
If they ever did a proper survey they would find that the great majority of players have modern high to mid range computers that are more than capable of playing today's games at descent resolutions.
Paden
Admin

Great cat of NO mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: May 27, 2010, 12:13:32 pm »

Some of us, before the recession really kicked us in the gut, actually had computers built specially to play their damn games, too.

I'm not a button, so DO NOT PUSH ME.
Ifrito

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: May 30, 2010, 08:34:36 pm »

Hmmph...I could care less if the game is a prequal to the Sims 2, a sequal, or a freaking threqual. Oblong, or square. It had alot of great potentiol in it, that was waisted. Waisted by incredible and unfathomable idiotic desicions.

All I ever wanted from the game was for it to look good, work well, and live up to its potentiol. And be fun, as well as allow me to create my own world. And aside from the rare crash's in MY own personal case's, its hardly done any of that.

And because of the absolutly *brilliant* measures taken by EA, unlike with Sims 2, I cant correct all their blunders and boggles with user generated content.

I'm dissapointed with it, and I havent even bothered to look at the game in at least 6 months. Which was the about the last time I tried to mod it to more suit my tastes and give it more freedom.

If they hope to save it, they need to bring the original Maxis team back. And fix the errors, and then overhaul the crap.

I'll give it this though, there was great potentiol with the game and open world. Theres no doubt about that. It was just ignored and waisted.

I got the Repo man back, it was a sly move. Acting like I was his friend, and then...BAM!, into the burning kitchen with him he went!. They never found his remains....*Evil Laughter*
Paden
Admin

Great cat of NO mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: May 30, 2010, 09:23:30 pm »

EA is good at wasting potential and disappointing their customers. In fact, that is about the only thing they ever have, or ever will, excel at. I'm just glad I found out about the borkedness before I wasted any time or money on what seems to be a complete and utter waste of my resources.

MaryH

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: May 30, 2010, 10:47:20 pm »

There is a point about this game that everyone overlooks-that most of the time, the player has the EADM installed and running on their computer. I wonder how much of that is causing so many problems? Does it add that extra edge of borkedness that causes games to crash? I think it is half of the problem. Because the EADM does have Securom, and it's been proven to mess computers up..(remember that, Paden? You should! cool)
But I will admit that I have not seen such a consistent failure rate on any game lately-this one is failing all across the board-gameplay, graphics, and technical use. It's just such a mess I doubt that the original Maxis team could or even would dare to touch it with a ten foot pole. It's just really beyond salvaging.
Every so often I go onto the Sims 3 board to see if the complaints have died off. No-and they're getting to the point now that if the next release of any patch does not correct some of the problems, there are going to be a lot of very angry and disappointed players who just might throw their game in the trash, and never buy another EA game in their lives.
It's that serious. EA had best make a damned good patch this time, or they're losing the entire shebang.
On a more personal note, I wrote an editorial at RYG just before the release of Sims 3, warning everyone that they might be very disappointed with the game and why.
I was right then, and I am right now. EA is betting the farm of the Sims franchise on this one EP, I think, and if it doesn't work, I think they're going to slow down the EP's they release and go to on-line play within the next year.
But that doesn't mean their players will. We'll see what happens on June 1st and afterwards. It'll be interesting to watch if EA can redeem themselves. I don't really hold out any hope for it, though.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2010, 10:52:22 pm by MaryH » Logged

Paden
Admin

Great cat of NO mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: May 31, 2010, 04:39:21 pm »

They'd better have a butt-load of coupons if they want any kind of redemption... Cheesy I know, bad reference, but it's Monday, what else do you expect from me?

bpeachee

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: May 31, 2010, 06:13:43 pm »

Regardless of what EA decides to do, I'll never play Sims3 again. I bought it, installed it, played for a day, uninstalled it, melted the CD with a torch and mailed back to EA with a note attached to it. The note said something to the effect that if I wanted Fat Faced sims, I could make them myself in Sims2.  Evil
roerzman

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: May 31, 2010, 07:30:17 pm »

Didn't they ever make a king size stuff up with this one. A lot of us could see this coming so didn't waste our money on it, others pre ordered the thing even after Pescados "The awful truth" posts.
So where do they go from here? A sims4? They obviously can't do much more with this garbage, people just won't touch it if it's got 3 in the title.
MaryH

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: May 31, 2010, 08:43:31 pm »

Ah, but that's where you're wrong (as I am, and every Sims 2 player, according to all the Sims 3 fans)-EA can do no wrong, and everything they do is magic. Every release is perfect, and all patches are good.

You wanna bridge, slightly used? I got one for you.

Paden
Admin

Great cat of NO mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: May 31, 2010, 09:23:22 pm »

*waves arms frantically* I've got some swamp land to put it into!!!

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9
  Print  

Jump to: