Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 06:25:01 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]
  Print  
Author Topic: So I spoke with an employee of EA Sims 3 team today..  (Read 74988 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
XPTL297

View Profile
« Reply #120 on: January 29, 2011, 05:10:48 am »

Sims4 right now? Are you all crazy? I was one that warned that it was too soon for Sims3, anyway who cares? I don't know how far the "future" is, I always lived at least 20 years ahead of my own time. Investing on whatever right now is a flop for both producers and consumers. We are (don't know how far) getting closer and closer to the new technology that will change the face of the electronic world. Soon, personal computers will be history, computers self will be museum object. I'm waiting for the technology I call "Transmission of Sensorial Impulses" (It's not invented yet, so probably it will be called differently) and this will place as "Dinossaur Age" all the present knowledgements. Companies are just slurving around because they probably know that no matter how they try to please their buyers, they are just investing on nothing, so nothing is important. Simmers are soooo worried about the puppets they got to play with. They are just that, liveless puppets struggling to mean something. No matter if you are a teen or 100 years old, use your brain to sniff a little the "future". Unfortunately human beings thing too slow (when they eventually Think!). Sorry, just venting out a bit.  Grin
MaryH

View Profile
« Reply #121 on: January 29, 2011, 05:36:09 am »

If there if there is a Sims 4, it's at least 5 more EP's away from Sims 3 and it's going to take a lot more money to convince EA that they want to do it.
More like wishful thinking on the part of those who don't like their Sims 3 right now. I think EA will probably end up ending the series at 3 because they've just about worn out the entire premise.
They've done everything possible except fix the game.

Dotty Dot
Former Resident Nut-Job

GONE

View Profile
« Reply #122 on: January 29, 2011, 05:48:21 am »

I suspect the sim franchise's fate was sealed way back when Will Wright left.

If a tree falls in the wood and nobody is around to hear it...<br />Do the other trees laugh at it? :jester:
jamesabrown1
Site Santa!

View Profile
« Reply #123 on: January 29, 2011, 07:39:14 am »

Hi Nonni, I've not heard that particular rumor as yet. Another stuff pack comes out next week, but 4 might be too much to hope for at this point. Three still needs a lot of work from what we've seen so far.
caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #124 on: January 29, 2011, 10:19:58 am »

At this point, anything you read about Sims 4 should be considered rumour, unless it comes directly from EA.

Everybody should believe something.
I believe I'll have more coffee.
jamesabrown1
Site Santa!

View Profile
« Reply #125 on: January 30, 2011, 06:55:05 am »

Yup, EAxis is pretty good about advance announcements (are they ever!, complete with sales pitch). I think Will Wright's departure is somewhagt like Sid Mieir's departure from developing at Fireaxis would be. However, the new programmers on the project will continue to gain experience and, hopefully, develop steady improvements to three. If so, it would be a good launching platform for a new version later.
Nonni
Site Santa!

Who would Nonni rather kiss? Naughty Nonni!

View Profile
« Reply #126 on: January 31, 2011, 06:39:39 am »

Thanks for the input.

We are (don't know how far) getting closer and closer to the new technology that will change the face of the electronic world. Soon, personal computers will be history, computers self will be museum object.
A friend of mine is a programmer and she says technology changes so fast there is no keeping up. My son is also a programmer but he doesn't develop for computers or PC and he absolutely and vehemently refuses to use any Microsoft product unless it is the only platform available for a project requested by his employer.

They've done everything possible except fix the game.
Sadly, I sometimes have to agree.

At this point, anything you read about Sims 4 should be considered rumour, unless it comes directly from EA.
You are right, Joy. *sigh*

However, the new programmers on the project will continue to gain experience and, hopefully, develop steady improvements to three. If so, it would be a good launching platform for a new version later.
You always lift my spirits, James. (((hugs)))

Isaac Newton defined tact as "the art of making a point without making an enemy."
jamesabrown1
Site Santa!

View Profile
« Reply #127 on: February 01, 2011, 04:56:28 am »

Aww, why shucks, m'aam. Seriously, after 44 years of programming computers, I've learned to cut folks some slack. However, there is no excuse for releasing some of the code they do without adequate testing, particularly retro-testing to make sure the new stuff doesn't break the old. And yeah, I'm really, really old. I was there when they drew up the specs for dirt.
Nonni
Site Santa!

Who would Nonni rather kiss? Naughty Nonni!

View Profile
« Reply #128 on: February 01, 2011, 07:54:58 am »

Aww, why shucks, m'aam. Seriously, after 44 years of programming computers, I've learned to cut folks some slack. However, there is no excuse for releasing some of the code they do without adequate testing, particularly retro-testing to make sure the new stuff doesn't break the old. And yeah, I'm really, really old. I was there when they drew up the specs for dirt.

I think we may be from the same Triassic Period. lol

Isaac Newton defined tact as "the art of making a point without making an enemy."
jamesabrown1
Site Santa!

View Profile
« Reply #129 on: February 02, 2011, 07:36:06 am »

Actually, the long-awaited Sims Medieval (uses Sims 3 engine) is announced for release next month (I think). Try http://www.ea.com/the-sims-medieval and http://www.ea.com/news/get-medieval-with-new-series-from-the-sims-studio and http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Sims_Medieval . It has possibilities and appears to re-institute magic (wizards, witches, and such). Also knights and, apparently, combat. It bills itself as a whole new game, perhaps this is the source of the Sims 4 rumor?
LVishere

View Profile
« Reply #130 on: April 29, 2011, 02:57:40 am »

I think the medieval theme is laughable.
jason7871

View Profile
« Reply #131 on: May 17, 2011, 09:58:57 pm »

So i should not install my Sims 3 Deluxe game??? Oh lord, i finally get it and it's crap...Or am i just in a daze? Oh well at least my new computer just installed my Sims 2 games, but geez...The Sims 3 Deluxe is looking mighty tempting beside me and i suck at fighting off temptation...She's evil...Oh well i'll do more investigating before installing said temptation and screaming then, at least i have my Sims 1 and 2 games running fine so i won't be bored....Tongue
jamesabrown1
Site Santa!

View Profile
« Reply #132 on: May 19, 2011, 05:24:44 am »

Nah, go ahead and see if you can install it. If it installs, then have fun with it.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]
  Print  

Jump to: