Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 02:00:22 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32
  Print  
Author Topic: Harper's Island *Gasp! What mysteries remain untold?*  (Read 140077 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Aquarius

View Profile
« Reply #450 on: July 30, 2010, 05:09:35 pm »

*Read the Harper's Island wiki, knows what happens, is pissed at one of my favorites being one of the last ones to die*

http://dragcave.net/view/FQZT<<<< clickety click click

*Moderation Note:  Only 1 image may be used for signatures.  Must be no larger than 250w x 50h pixels.*
Cluedokid

One by one...

View Profile
« Reply #451 on: July 30, 2010, 07:45:07 pm »

*Read the Harper's Island wiki, knows what happens, is pissed at one of my favorites being one of the last ones to die*

Well that rightly spoils it, no? Oh well, hope you'll enjoy my recreation of it.
bollyknickers
Sci-Fi And Sims!

View Profile
« Reply #452 on: August 09, 2010, 03:56:31 pm »

Looking forward to more!
Katie
0BretttterB0

<3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #453 on: August 10, 2010, 01:10:19 pm »

Not Jimmy, no... I refuse this. If he's helping I will stab him myself! Yeah I will.

Find me on moonlight <3
Cluedokid

One by one...

View Profile
« Reply #454 on: August 12, 2010, 09:05:30 pm »

Hey guys, these days I've been working or sick or both. I hope to get progress on the double chapter finale this weekend.
Katie
0BretttterB0

<3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #455 on: August 12, 2010, 09:07:46 pm »

Sweet, I'm glad to hear we'll be seeing an update soon. And I do hope you feel better.

Find me on moonlight <3
Cluedokid

One by one...

View Profile
« Reply #456 on: August 16, 2010, 08:52:36 pm »

I attempted to start progress but my monitor is playing up on me. Now I'm not sure when I'll get the last two chapters up, but I see what can be done.
Cluedokid

One by one...

View Profile
« Reply #457 on: August 21, 2010, 03:27:20 am »

Now things seem to go bad to worse. As I'm now getting a Mac, my Dad is pretty eager to replace my PC system with the Mac. However, I'll lose my Sims stuff in the process. I'm trying to explain what I'm using this Sims stuff for, but I'm not sure Dad fully understands. He thinks it's a matter of buying a copy of Sims 2 for the Mac and transferring files, but I don't think he comprehends expansion packs and custom content. Nor do I believe saved Sims files can be transferred game to game. 

From the sound of it, my system will be replaced tomorrow while I'm working. I'll try to explain for the last time why I don't want my computer replaced yet, but hopefully Dad will listen.
Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

Currently distracted by Something Shiny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #458 on: August 21, 2010, 04:47:23 am »

None of the installation files (under "program files") has anything to do with your saved games. They only contain game info, and unless you change them somehow, or they become corrupted, they'll stay the same.

Most of the files in the "The Sims 2" folder where you find the Downloads folder has to do with saved games. These can be transferred to another computer. I've done it myself, between my laptop and new computer.

You copy every single file and folder in the "[your user name] --> Documents--> EA Games --> The Sims 2" folder, including CC.
Then you install the game again on the new computer (all the EPs and SPs from your old game, preferrably in the same order you installed them on the first computer), move away or delete the newly generated files in the same folder (probably a different path on the Mac, though  - but the same place you usually find the Downloads folder). If you don't delete the files, but save them outside the game folder, they're good to have in case you want to start over without needing to actually reinstall everything.
Then you place in the files you copied from the other computer. You should have your game back more or less the way it was, with everything you have done.

Not 100% sure if all types of CC and all the EPs will work on a mac, but it's worth a try, right?

Personally, I'm a PC/Windows person (love XP, hate Vista, and have a still neutral relationship with Win7 since it's slightly better than Vista, but I've not tried it much). I used Macs at school for a whole year (lots of Photoshop), and those who say Macs never crash and never get bugs... did they ever try one? To me, they seem just as buggy as a Windows PC. On top of that, not all PC programs can run on a mac...

Great story, by the way Wink
« Last Edit: August 21, 2010, 05:03:46 am by Theraven » Logged

My site:

Little Fire Burning - Chapter 85 out

~Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain~
Cluedokid

One by one...

View Profile
« Reply #459 on: August 23, 2010, 05:06:55 am »

Good news. I'm keeping my computer as well as my new Macbook pro. I also found a new monitor for my computer. Hopefully things can go on as usual now.
Cluedokid

One by one...

View Profile
« Reply #460 on: September 03, 2010, 09:54:24 am »

Hi guys,

I want to let you know that this *will* be finished. I have gotten some screenshots taken for Chapter 11, but it will take me some time due to the state of my computer.

Thanks for understanding.
Katie
0BretttterB0

<3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #461 on: September 03, 2010, 10:02:51 am »

Can't wait!  Grin

Find me on moonlight <3
Aquarius

View Profile
« Reply #462 on: September 03, 2010, 03:56:01 pm »

So it's possible to completely move game to another comp!? THANK GOD! I'm in desperate need of a new laptop cuz my current one wont even turn on anymore and I was hoping I'd be able to transfer my game, CC and a few other important files to a new comp

http://dragcave.net/view/FQZT<<<< clickety click click

*Moderation Note:  Only 1 image may be used for signatures.  Must be no larger than 250w x 50h pixels.*
Cluedokid

One by one...

View Profile
« Reply #463 on: September 08, 2010, 04:16:39 am »

Sorry once again guys. My computer monitor is playing up on me again. I fear my computer is the problem, and that it will soon be shot. If this is the case, then I'm thinking I'll invest in buying Sims 2, Uni and NL for Mac. Then, I'll see if my game files and CC can be transferred over.

I truly hope I don't have to end this story two chapters away from the conclusion.
Zorom

View Profile
« Reply #464 on: September 08, 2010, 11:22:04 am »

That would be horrible!  shocked I would have to succumb to the sinful arms of wikipedia's Harper's Island article... :O

Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32
  Print  

Jump to: