Insimenator.org
April 25, 2024, 05:41:11 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: WCIF: "Secret" Affair Mod?  (Read 7172 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
rolandofthewhite

View Profile
« on: March 07, 2010, 03:20:25 pm »

Hello! I've been looking for a mod of some sort that affects whether or not Sims are aware of affairs, particularly woo-hoos. Normally if a Sim woo-hoos with someone they're not supposed to while their significant other is on the same lot, the SO is somehow telepathically aware of this and runs over, resulting in a lot of unpleasant slapping and screaming and gnashing of teeth.

Realistically the only way an SO on the other side of the lot should be aware of illicit woo-hooing is if, in rather crude terms, the sex is very kinky or very loud. Embarrassed

Would anyone happen to know of a mod that changes it so an SO on the other side of the lot wouldn't be aware of an affair? Perhaps making it so they'd have to be in the same room as the woo-hooing to be aware? I've searched a number of sites (modthesims2, Insimenator, MATY) but haven't been able to find anything remotely like that. Then again, my search skills may not be up to par. Sad

I appreciate any help you guys can give! Thanks.
Celestra

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2010, 05:11:41 pm »

Is this for sims2 or 3

The only mod i can suggest is go onto MTS and do a search for the  no-jealousy-at-all mod that removes all jealousy from the game . But you maybe wanted to keep some jealousy in there

PS That mod is for TS2

:wav: Ok so i cant design anything worthwhile .But i can sure as hell download custom content as fast as the next person:slap:
rolandofthewhite

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2010, 07:13:22 pm »

Oops, I forgot to say; I have TS2 (with all expansions).

But thanks for the tip! Ideally I'd like to keep some degree of jealousy, at least when it's apropos. Then again, my Sim is kind of a man-whore, so I may end up having to use the no-jealousy-at-all mod after all.
Chaavik
Got Blood?
Super Mod

Criminal Mastermind

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2010, 11:45:49 pm »

There is a mod that might fit the bill, but I don't know if it will meet those kind of expectations. ACR (Autonomous Casual Romance) by Twojeffs at Simbology has some features to enhance jealousy between Sims and to allow them to react to certain stimuli like woohooing, kissing or even showing affection to other Sims.

There are a couple of mods that will help enhance ACR to a degree when dealing with love itself.

You can check it out ACR 2 if you have AL or Mansion&Garden as your latest install. For everything else, check the earlier versions of ACR if you have FT or earlier installed.

Let us know if this is something you might consider or still need something more specific than ACR.

"Humor.. It is a difficult concept.. It is not logical.." - Lt. Saavik, Star Trek: Wrath of Khan
Dancing Squirrels
Don't PM me with demands/requests. Make them here.
Come play Aetolia with us!
rolandofthewhite

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2010, 11:11:18 pm »

Thanks, Chaavik! ACR isn't exactly what I was wanting, but I've pretty much conceded that my dream mod doesn't exist. tongue

From what I understand, you can disable the, uh, "whorish" elements of ACR and just keep the global jealousy bit, right?
Chaavik
Got Blood?
Super Mod

Criminal Mastermind

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2010, 12:08:17 pm »

There is a feature on ACR that allows you to set the lot to any of the three options: Normal (no whorish behavior, just typical romantic stuff that you will find among the Sims), Brothel (extremely whorish behavior, not your typical romantic stuff, basically a literal whorehouse) or Church (no romantic stuff, no whorish behavior, nothing.. church like it said).

It is possible to set the lot or Sim to not behave in a whorish manner and have jealousy set however you want.

If you do decide to use ACR, I suggest discussing the ACR features there. There's plenty of folks there who thoroughly test ACR for TJ and will give you more insight into the features of ACR as well read the bugs being reported there. I use ACR myself, but the version I use is different from theirs (4a not 5a that was released a month or two ago).

"Humor.. It is a difficult concept.. It is not logical.." - Lt. Saavik, Star Trek: Wrath of Khan
Dancing Squirrels
Don't PM me with demands/requests. Make them here.
Come play Aetolia with us!
rolandofthewhite

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2010, 12:33:43 pm »

Oh cool, I'll give it a look then. Thanks a bunch!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: