Insimenator.org
April 26, 2024, 08:44:16 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: sims 2 money fix please help  (Read 4925 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
babygirl246024

View Profile
« on: March 13, 2010, 03:54:24 pm »

I'm sorry if this is posted in the wrong place. I need something that will add money to family funds correctly. What i mean is when one of my sims come home from work the pop up in the corner says something like "your sim returned home with -$31,293, and it's so annoying epspecially when my sims have like 1,000 dollars and need simoleons for a new bed or something. I'm sure some of you other simmers know what im talkin about, at least i hope i hope its not just my game that does this. I've looked for something that will correct this but i cant seem to find anything, so if anyone could post a link or point me in the right direction to where i can find something that would fix this i would really appreciate it. Thanks in advance for anyone that can help me.
caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2010, 04:03:15 pm »

Is this something that's always been happening in your game, or is it something that just started happening one day? If it's the latter, then it sounds, to me, like you have a mod conflict. A good place to start to correct this problem would be to take out any mods you have in your game and see if that returns everything to normal (rather than add yet another mod to try and fix it). If you find your game is working correctly then you know the problem is something you had in your game.

Everybody should believe something.
I believe I'll have more coffee.
babygirl246024

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2010, 04:04:55 pm »

thank you for the advice im gonna try that right now. but what should i do if my downloads are not the problem?
Hammie
Nervous Subject

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2010, 04:36:07 pm »

You might want to try cleaning up your CC, that usually fixes things when my game gets messed up.
(Downlads + SavedSims) because SavedSims can sometimes have a career attached to them which could be messing up your game. (It happened to me once, it drove me mad for the longest time!) Also, putting houses with CC in your SavedSims folder messes a few things up sometimes, too. Those go best in your downloads folder. There's also a hack conflict detection utility at: www.simswardrobe.com. Hope I helped in some way.

Best of Luck,
:Hammie:

I'm currently inactive here, find me over on Garden of Shadows instead.
zombie
caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2010, 04:50:21 pm »

Using the HCDU is a good start, but bear in mind it's not guaranteed to tell you what is a conflict, just what mods alter the same behaviors and have the potential to conflict. As Hammie said (hope you don't mind me calling you that, it's easier to type out than "Ienjoyhamsandwiches" LOL), if it's not a mod conflict, then it's time to consider any custom careers, or even custom foods you may have downloaded. Careers and foods can be EP specific too and cause game issues.

Hammie
Nervous Subject

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2010, 04:52:47 pm »

@caffinated.joy

Oh, I don't mind at all. If I remember correctly, Paden nicknamed me Hammie. So, no worries.

I'm currently inactive here, find me over on Garden of Shadows instead.
zombie
babygirl246024

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2010, 08:53:18 pm »

I used the HCDU and it did not help. I tried taking everything out of my downloads folder and putting it back in that did not work either. I dont know what to do now. Does anyone have any other tips that might help? Caffeinated.joy in answer to your question, i don't think i ever had this problem untill i learned that i could put cc into my game. I don't know what else to do to fix this.
ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2010, 09:20:39 pm »

Patch your game.
Engram

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2010, 09:23:43 pm »

Did you try running the game without Downloads? Taking them out and then just putting them back does nothing other than copy and paste them without changing anything.

Take out your whole Downloads and SavedSims folders, fire up the game, send a sim to work and check if they come back with positive or negative wages. If positive - it's something in your Downloads and you need to find it so there is no point putting everything back. Exit without saving, since your sim and their house would have been stripped of all their CC and you don't want to save them in that state. If the sim comes home with negative money again, it's probably game corruption and you may need to reinstall.

Try following this FAQ if the problem is with something in your Downloads folder: http://www.modthesims.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:Finding_Problem_Custom_Content

Ell-jay: lots, sims, defaults and other downloads<br />The Thunder God went for a ride upon his favourite filly.<br />\"I\'m Thor!\" he cried, the horse replied<br />\"You forgot your thaddle, thilly!\"
caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2010, 09:40:45 pm »

Don't take them out and put them back in. Take them out and run your game without them, as I mentioned before. Smiley  

Also, while I'm at it, I'm going to move this to Help Section.

babygirl246024

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2010, 10:37:41 pm »

i opened my game and my teen sim came home from work with no negative wage.  like i said before i used the HCDU but that did not help. now what should i do to find the problem and fix it?
oh and i removed all cc that used to be on the lot.
caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2010, 10:46:04 pm »

You have to track down the CC that's breaking your game.

Did you look at the link Engram game you?

SenkoTwiik
Carnival Freakshow

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 14, 2010, 12:04:09 pm »

Do you happen to have the "Period Mod" from MTS and the designatable doors over at Simbology?
I had both of them, and one of them did the same exact thing to my game. I think it was the doors, for some reason, but when I deleted both mods, everything was normal again.

Let He who is without sin...kick the first arse.

My Girls: http://www.insimenator.org/index.php/topic,108744.0.html
My site: http://voodoonightmares.freeforums.org/
Engram

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: March 14, 2010, 05:09:56 pm »

I think Joy + I and babygirl are not talking about the same thing.

When Joy and I say "take out your Downloads and SavedSims folders" that is exactly what we mean. Not for you to delete the CC that was on the lot but for you to actually move the Downloads and SavedSims folders on the hard drive of your computer. Select the two folders, then use the Cut command, then Paste them to a location outside the My Documents folder tree. You want it to be like there was never any content in them. It is not enough for you to delete a chair (or whatever) from the lot. You must remove the CC from your game totally so that it never loads. The CC that usually causes problems is not stuff you can just remove from a lot because hacks work in the background and don't have a "physical" presence on a lot. Eg. If you have ACR installed, it works even without the ACR controller on the lot. So deleting an object from a lot won't do anything. It has to be totally removed from the game and prevented from loading in the first place - by moving your Downloads and SavedSims folders to another location.

Ell-jay: lots, sims, defaults and other downloads<br />The Thunder God went for a ride upon his favourite filly.<br />\"I\'m Thor!\" he cried, the horse replied<br />\"You forgot your thaddle, thilly!\"
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: