Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 01:33:53 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: One house crashes game when trying to load the house  (Read 2828 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Nonni
Site Santa!

Who would Nonni rather kiss? Naughty Nonni!

View Profile
« on: March 17, 2010, 01:02:25 am »

I have a house that I have been working on for 2-3 months. It is for a contest. I had no trouble until I moved a couple in to test the utility of the house. It played fine everything was working great, that was last night.

Today I opened the game and tried to get into the house but the games crashed and terminated. I removed the couple. I opened the Clean Installer and tided up the downloads. I took out all downloads for the past 3 days.

Still crashing. I removed all meshes and hacks.

Still crashing. I took Half of my downloads out of the Sims 2 folder.

Still crashing. I took everything, everything out of my download folder.
I deleted cig-macallit and accessories.
I did a hack conflict scan.
I put the house into the houses and lots bin, created a brand new empty world and pulled the house out of the bin and placed it in the new neighborhood.

The game still crashed when I try to enter the lot.

These are my game specs:

I was going to remove all the houses I have downloaded in the last 2 weeks and put them in the trashcan.

Should I also trash the house and start from scratch? Or is there hope to save it?

Thanks from Nonni

Isaac Newton defined tact as "the art of making a point without making an enemy."
Prudensh

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2010, 06:47:42 am »

Sometimes lots/houses just become corrupted for no apparent reason. It totally sucks, and I feel your pain, but in my case the only solution has been to go outside, scream for 30 seconds, then come back inside and bulldoze and start again.
Nonni
Site Santa!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2010, 07:57:38 am »

Yeppers, starting over. Fortunately, I had a diagram that I made on graph paper and took some pictures, also. I have to say I did enjoy learning and building. I expect the next one to build faster and easier.

Thanks for the screaming and bulldozing. Into every life there must fall:

Nonni

Isaac Newton defined tact as "the art of making a point without making an enemy."
Prudensh

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2010, 08:20:33 am »

Yeppers, starting over. Fortunately, I had a diagram that I made on graph paper and took some pictures, also. I have to say I did enjoy learning and building. I expect the next one to build faster and easier.
Thanks for the screaming and bulldozing. Into every life there must fall:

Nonni

Rock
Right on, Nonni! I'm sure the new lot will be twice as spectacular as the original one!
albmont

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2010, 10:42:14 pm »

Is there any way to restore the backup? (you do backups, don't you?)
Nonni
Site Santa!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2010, 11:47:22 pm »

Yes sirree!!! And we did a restore also. I forgot to say that . Thanks for asking. Fanku2

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: