Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 08:13:45 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Taxi is called, it never comes  (Read 3571 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Nonni
Site Santa!

Who would Nonni rather kiss? Naughty Nonni!

View Profile
« on: March 19, 2010, 04:06:00 am »

No cars in Buy Mode and when Taxi is called, it never comes. (I now have cars in Buy mode but no one can go anywhere in them.)

Calling a taxi from home or community lot does not work.

Walk to community lot does not work.

What is going on? No hack conflict detected.

See post concerning house crashing game: http://www.insimenator.org/index.php/topic,109508.0.html

EDIT:  Also cannot place driveway on lots. Driveways work and cars can be placed on them now.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2010, 07:19:32 am by Nonni » Logged

Isaac Newton defined tact as "the art of making a point without making an enemy."
Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

Currently distracted by Something Shiny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2010, 05:42:52 am »

With this many problems, especially if you've already tried to take all your downloads out (from Savedsims too!), deleted the cache files, seen if a new clean lot has the same problems, and followed all the other usual advices, then it is possible that either the gamefiles or something in the neighborhood folders is corrupted.

Maybe you should backup your current game, and try to reinstall everything.

If you do that, then when you're done reinstalling, it's a good idea to backup the entire "The Sims 2" folder (the one with the Downloads folder), so you don't need to reinstall again if it turns out it really is something in the old files that are corrupted.

When you've done that, try to put in your old game files, minus downloads. Fire up a clean, new lot, with clean, new sims. If the problems continue, then it probably is a sim file or neighborhood file, or something like that which is corrupted. Then it's not much else to do than put in the files from the reinstall, and start over.

My site:

Little Fire Burning - Chapter 85 out

~Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain~
Nonni
Site Santa!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2010, 12:17:27 pm »

I was afraid you would say something like that.  shocked

OK, Clean lot first, Thanks, Raven.

Isaac Newton defined tact as "the art of making a point without making an enemy."
Nonni
Site Santa!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2010, 07:41:06 am »

I removed all downloads and all the latest houses I had downloaded were trashcanned and bulldozed.

Custom Content was disabled.

I ran hack conflict detection utility - no conflict.

New lot with new Sims - even new neighborhood.

I uninstalled my game and reinstalled it. Everything works better than ever. No more game crashes.

EXCEPT:  Taxis never come, no one can drive a car anywhere and no one can walk to a community lot.

A shuttle will take them to airport and deliver them to destination. They can book tours and go on the tours. They can get a shuttle to take them to airport to go home and they will be delivered home.

Visitors will come over invited or mosey by uninvited and visitors can leave the lot. But the residents of any lot can not leave the lot by any means: no walking, driving or taxing to any local commmunity lot.

Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2010, 08:32:18 am »

You tried running the game without any downloads first? It's not 100% sure the HCDU will find anything.

And which EP's do you have? Could be a game bug (yeah, EA is reknown for that...). So it could be one of the patches fix that problem. Pescado also made some AL critical fix.

My site:

~Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain~
Nonni
Site Santa!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2010, 05:34:02 pm »

I thought I ran it with not CC and no downloads. My simmies were all kinda homely. I will try that again to double check. Then I will do the "Most Highly Respected" Pescado's AL critical fix.

You are so kind to respond. Thanks, Raven. I will get back to you on your site. Besides with all my troubles I'm 2 chapters behind on your LFB. Hugs from Nonni.

Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2010, 05:50:35 pm »

Happy to help Smiley
Then you're nearly 3 chapters behind (I'm posting the new one quite soon)  Wink

Hugs

My site:

Nalia
イノセンスはつどう

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2010, 11:11:33 pm »

I had this problem once while two of my Sims were on holidays: They couldn't get a taxi no matter what. They went back home only to discover they couldn't drive their cars either.
After two days of screaming and cursing I found out that it was a custom car responsible for that. Once I took it out everything worked fine.

"There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so."
-- William Shakespeare, "Hamlet" (Act 2, scene 2)
"Yes, Sharing is caring, especially caring for the person you're sharing."  -- AxelVal
I said I Love Yuu not you --Nalia
My LiveJournal
Nonni
Site Santa!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2010, 03:49:43 pm »

Nalia, that makes sense. But I found my game began working properly when I removed a mod for letting Toddlers and Pets ride in car with adults. I do have 2 custom cars but they are both working as well as taxis and walking to community lots.

Raven,  I went through my download files one by one it is now 1.4 KB but it didn't start working until I eliminated the Toddlers and Pets ride in car/taxi with Adults mod. I have so many projects unfinished and I lost so much work.

Thanks for all your advice, I felt very supported during this trial.

Hugs from Nonni

Nalia
イノセンスはつどう

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2010, 04:00:21 pm »

The problem usually is either bad custom content or conflicting/badly coded hacks.
Glad you finally solved your problem. Well done!

"There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so."
-- William Shakespeare, "Hamlet" (Act 2, scene 2)
"Yes, Sharing is caring, especially caring for the person you're sharing."  -- AxelVal
I said I Love Yuu not you --Nalia
My LiveJournal
Hammie
Nervous Subject

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2010, 04:32:13 pm »

I'm so glad that it works for you now, Nonni!
I had that same problem during the holidays- it drove me insane.
Good job on figuring it out. I remember how long it took me to find it, about a week.

I'm currently inactive here, find me over on Garden of Shadows instead.
zombie
Nonni
Site Santa!

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2010, 07:59:30 am »

and thanks to all.

I love being able to play my game now.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: