Insimenator.org
April 26, 2024, 07:51:25 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Does anyone know SimPE well?  (Read 3917 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
julvett

View Profile
« on: March 20, 2010, 09:25:11 am »

I'm new to SimPE so I'm hoping someone can help me with this. I want to clone the genie npc to make him playabe, but I'm not sure how. He doesn't appear in Sim Surgery- I've found him with Sim Browser but I'm not sure how to make him appear in the BodyShop. Please help!
Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

Currently distracted by Something Shiny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2010, 09:45:18 am »

I don't think this is the easiest thing to do if you're new to SimPE, if it's even possible. NPC's, especially special ones, can mess up your game if made playable (like Crumplebottom). As far as I know, no one has even tried the genie yet. I'd suggest you try to unlock the outfit and hat instead, and make your own genie that way. Though, I don't think the purple smoke cloud will be visible no matter how you do it.

My site:

Little Fire Burning - Chapter 85 out

~Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain~
julvett

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2010, 10:14:17 am »

Thanks so much for answering me. Since I've seen it done with the Grim Reaper, I figured it was possible for the genie as well. I tried to unlock the clothing, but it wasn't there- I think I read somewhere that its clothes are actually a part of his skintone. Although I would have no clue how to extract it with SimPE.
Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2010, 10:23:53 am »

Grim reaper has an outfit that can be unlocked.

You checked the FreeTime file, right? Haven't actually tried to find his outfit, so I'm not sure if it is there. on't think it's a part of his skintone, since I've found skintone replacements for him. There has to be a mesh there, in any case.

My site:

~Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain~
julvett

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2010, 10:56:37 am »

Wait I'm confused... what Free Time file would I check?
Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2010, 11:46:18 am »

If you follow the tutorial I linked to, and use the C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\The Sims 2 FreeTime\TSData\Res\Catalog\skins.package file instead. That's where the FreeTime outfits are (If my memory didn't go all Dory again, then the Genie did come with FT, right?).

I could've checked myself, but I've got the game running right now, and can't open SimPE at the same time.

Oh, and copy the file to your desktop, instead of running it directly from the folder. Just in case you somehow mess something up. You never know  Undecided
« Last Edit: March 20, 2010, 11:53:58 am by theraven » Logged

My site:

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: