Insimenator.org
April 16, 2024, 02:06:55 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How should i turn my interest in photography into a bigger thing?  (Read 4380 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
ramonrinaldi

View Profile
« on: October 26, 2010, 12:57:23 am »

Recently i just took a handful of photos for my friend and they came out immaculate(i have a good camera, and i know my way around photography). I've always had a deep love with photography and i was thinking of how i can start making money and/or spreading the word that I'm trying to become a professional/semi-professional photographer to where i can make money off it?

Zooey
aka The Creeper

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2010, 02:15:53 am »

Maybe... begin posting pictures on a site? Or participate in a picture contest, there are a lot of them in every country.

Please? *makes puppy face*
Carlwashere
Irrationally Optimistic
Site Santa!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2010, 06:03:48 am »

Simply spread the word. May I ask what kind of camera you own?
It's easy, just starting taking photos. When out with friends or simply enjoying nature, just take photos. You can join Flikr, Stock.xchng, or any other of the plethora of free photography sites. If you use facebook, use that too. Just get better and get attention.  Cheesy
After someone's taken notice, maybe they'll ask you for a few shots. Maybe your local wildlife magazine, maybe your friend's wedding. Idk. Your call.  tongue

I need more freetime.
Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

Currently distracted by Something Shiny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2010, 06:21:58 am »

You could also find some place that teaches photography, like a university or something. You'll learn quite a lot more that way. With a bachelor degree, you'll have a lot more possibilities. You could also try yourself as an apperentice or assistant together with another photographer. You get one step inside, plus you get experience.

Whether or not you'll earn money on photography depends a lot on luck. But you also have to be persistent, burn for what you're doing. There are quite a lot of photographers around the world, and you'll have to show you do have something to come with.  

I went to a school where they teach photography, but quit after the first year. It was fun, but I realized that for me photography would always be a hobby, and not something I wanted to earn my living on. A friend of mine went to that same school, and now that she has graduated, she's already having big plans on how to make the world get to know her. She is getting quite good, but she still has a long way to go, which she knows herself.

The first rule is, you can't be afraid of trying. Then you'll get nowhere.

Now... One question from the management: Why are you posting this question here? This is a sims site. You'd be better off asking something like this in a photo or creativity forum of some sort.
Also, "i" is really written as a capital letter "I". Pet peeve of mine, and for quite a lot of the rest of the admin, if I know them right.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2010, 04:45:37 pm by Theraven » Logged

My site:

Little Fire Burning - Chapter 85 out

~Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain~
Paden
Admin

Great cat of NO mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2010, 04:11:01 pm »

Yep, you know me right!

I'm not a button, so DO NOT PUSH ME.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: