Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 06:56:28 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Maxoid Madness  (Read 5165 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Hammie
Nervous Subject

View Profile
« on: March 21, 2010, 02:25:47 pm »

I am INFURIATED at the moment. So, for the first time in awhile, I log onto the Sims 2's website because I made a totally awesome Sim, just like usual.... and when I load up my SimPage, all my work is gone. No more Sims, no more stories, no more lots...it's all gone. So, I begin writing my story again, and when I upload the third chapter it just all falls into some abyss where I'll never see it again. So, every time I upload something new, they rip everything down due to "culling". (Culling my foot...) So, all those hours I spent Photoshopping, tweaking, and prefecting my work has just been wasted. I also tried getting help on the BBS Forums, but guess what? They deleted my post. angry So, I basically used my whole SimPage to tell them how much they suck.

Basically, has this ever happened to anyone else?

I'm currently inactive here, find me over on Garden of Shadows instead.
zombie
Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

Currently distracted by Something Shiny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2010, 02:37:57 pm »

Maybe you should consider uploading stuff to other sites (like here at insim...).
I've never uploaded anything to the official site. Quality check is too bad, and finding stuff is almost impossible. 

Also, you should consider to write your stories with Word/wordpad or something like that, so you have a copy just in case.

My site:

Little Fire Burning - Chapter 85 out

~Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain~
Jenna
Queen of Spamming
Admin

Who farted?

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2010, 02:44:24 pm »

That's about what you can expect from the official site. I have a few friends who still use their SimPages and the Exchange to share and download content. They routinely have their own stuff wiped too. It happens so often with one friend, I told her to just post a picture of some toilet paper on her page. Hah!

Also, don't expect any help on the BBS; it's a a god-forsaken wasteland of mindless sheep and their bleating, the moderators (SimMasters?) are nothing more than brown-nosing robots, and the Maxoids...

... most of what I have to say about that place wouldn't be appropriate for this site. Heh.

Moral of the story? As theraven suggested (and as will the rest of us): don't use the Exchange; use InSim instead! Hell, stay away from that radioactive wasteland altogether. Hah.

Quote from: Engram
Jenna and I make cute babbiez! LOL
Quote from: Isadora
Great, another night of chicken chair typing.
Hammie
Nervous Subject

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2010, 02:54:44 pm »

I think I will. Maybe one of these days, fans will be so dissapointed, that the offical Sim Sites will CRASH AND BURN IN APOCOLYPTIC FIRE! *snarl* Even Rod Humble couldn't help them out of that. Thanks for all the feedback, I'm off to figure out how to upload stuff to Insim. Thanks again.
*Drags axe behind back while mumbling madly and foaming at the mouth*
*Edit
*stalks back in, looking confused* If anyone could tell me how to upload stuff, that'd be nice. I'm kinda lost on the forums.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2010, 03:02:20 pm by Ienjoyhamsandwiches » Logged

zombie
Chaavik
Got Blood?
Super Mod

Criminal Mastermind

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2010, 11:43:07 am »

There are lots of ways to post your stories, screenshots, artwork, Sims and etc. I was hearing about this site that seems to be popular with a lot of Sims 2 creators:

WordPress

I visited several blogs there and downloaded a handful of good Sims 2 objects and skintones from there. I thought the hosting service was pretty good about letting you host your Sims 2 stuff, but I do suggest reading their rules first to find out what you're allowed to blog or write about or upload to share with others.

This is one of the blogs I visited at another site called LiveJournal:

PeachT's Tea Shop

This is her small site where she hosted a lot of nice stuff for Sims 2. This is an example of what you can do if you decide to try LiveJournal. I think a lot of people simply share their stories there and use their own file hosting services to upload their works without too much worry about what they can host.

For your file hosting needs, you can try MediaFire, Mega Upload and a handful of others that allow you to host your files, and you can link them to your blog(s).

I used to have some Sims 2 stuff on my old web page at GeoCities when they were around and when they were free for regular people like me. They decided to scrap the free website hosting and went the business route to host for businesses only now. Meh..

I seriously would suggest staying far away from BBS and Exchange. I heard nothing but grief from so many people who visited BBS and Exchange. EA goes mental (PMS actually) just about everyday. I go there for lulz when I am bored or hang out at MATY to read up on the discussions when I'm that bored.

I hope the few suggestions I listed will help you get your stories back up with your work and let us know when you do find a niche on the Internet to share with us. Smiley

"Humor.. It is a difficult concept.. It is not logical.." - Lt. Saavik, Star Trek: Wrath of Khan
Dancing Squirrels
Don't PM me with demands/requests. Make them here.
Come play Aetolia with us!
Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

Currently distracted by Something Shiny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2010, 01:32:43 pm »

Pictures: Copy/paste from photobucket (or similar). Remember to use the link with the [IMG] tag.

Stories: copy/paste pictures from Photobucket (or similar), and copy story from a word/wordpad document.

Downloads: use winzip/winrar and pack your file(s) into it. Upload as attachment, or if the file is too big you can use Mediafire.com/box.net or similar.

* Sims: pack them to sims2pack files with Bodyshop. It's a good idea to check them with Sims 2 Clean Installer to see if you've included everything - or included something you're not supposed to include.

* Houses: Pack them while in neighborhood view (separate button when you click on a house). You find them in "PackagedLots", in the same location as the Downloads folder. (ALWAYS check with S2CI - since it might have packed hacks, mailbox/trashcan recolors or some other bugged files without you knowing about it. I sat for an hour or so cleaning out bugged files from a downloaded lot once... I think there were 50 or so trashcan/mailbox files - maybe even more)

Otherwise - read the stickies in the related forum threads you want to post in. They have a lot of useful info.

It's not difficult  Wink
« Last Edit: March 22, 2010, 01:40:24 pm by theraven » Logged

My site:

Little Fire Burning - Chapter 85 out

~Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain~
Hammie
Nervous Subject

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2010, 03:02:41 pm »

Thanks theraven!
Your story, LFB, is coming along beautifully. I actually cried a little. I'm such a softie.  Cheesy

zombie
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: