Insimenator.org
April 17, 2024, 09:25:46 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Poser 6 Help  (Read 8215 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
nikkidanielle
Head Banana Sundae

View Profile
« on: March 21, 2010, 07:56:03 pm »

I finally got Poser and was trying it out to convert some meshes to one of Warlokk's shape (I was using the rengal magnets). It seems though that all the tutorials are for poser 7 and up. My question is, in Poser 6 do I have to leave the magnets as they are when exporting the mesh?

For example, in themysticalone's tutorial, in one of the steps it says to delete the magnets before exporting the mesh yet when I do that the mesh reverts back to it's original shape

Also since I have to export the mesh as .obj file, importing it back after I'm finished seems to have an issue: it imports fine yet extracting the mesh as a gmdc file into milkshape to see if it's all ok, the mesh is lying down on its back and not standing up. What do I do about that? Is the mesh laying down possibly caused by me not deleting the magnets before exporting the mesh from Poser? If so then how can I delete the magnets without losing the mesh losing the rengal shape?

Thanks Cheesy

No man goes before his time - unless the boss leaves early.~Groucho Marx
BlooM

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2010, 09:11:08 pm »

Open Milkshape,

* Import the mesh in Milkshape(without the morph!) with Unimesh plugin.
*Choose export and export the mesh as objx file(use the objx exporter and save it as body.objx)
*Choose export and export the mesh as a obj file(use wavefront obj exporter and save it as body.obj)
Start new, without saving anything
*Import the same mesh in Milkshape but this time with the morph with Unimesh plugin
* delete the normal(default mesh)
*export the morph as obj file(save it as body.obj in a seperate folder)

Open Poser,

*Import the normal body.obj(untick all the boxes)
*Apply the magnets
*export the rengal shape as body.obj or overwrite the imported body.obj file
*only the body file should be tiicked when exporting(not the ground or any other options at the next popup.
*start new in Poser
*import the fatmorph(do not tick any boxes)
*apply the magnets
*export the rengal fatmorph as obj file and call it body or overwrite the imported one.

Close Poser

Open Milkshape and import the rengal body as obj file
* import the very first file you exported from Milkshape, the body.objx
The skeleton should now be there and the body has its bonesettings back.
Import the rengalfatmorph as obj file.
*Fix the comments and the normals.
*Export with Unimesh
« Last Edit: March 21, 2010, 09:20:03 pm by BlooM » Logged

No longer active
nikkidanielle
Head Banana Sundae

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2010, 08:01:00 pm »

Okay

When I get to this part in your tutorial:

I import the .objx file I get this message: ERR: Group Count (gpct) mismatch in line 3
Now I don't remember what I did the first time (I think I only imported the .obj) the mesh was converted to the rengal but it was blocky like there were sharp angles and lines and the body is stuck in the milkshape pose (with the arms standing out).

BlooM

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2010, 02:19:26 am »

Okay

When I get to this part in your tutorial:

I import the .objx file I get this message: ERR: Group Count (gpct) mismatch in line 3
Now I don't remember what I did the first time (I think I only imported the .obj) the mesh was converted to the rengal but it was blocky like there were sharp angles and lines and the body is stuck in the milkshape pose (with the arms standing out).

If you get a error you might have renamed the file or you need to tick one of the boxes, ill try to look up the thread were Warlokk explained once.

When you import the file back again in Milkshape the mesh is indeed split up, those seams you see are the seams were bodyparts parts are splitup on the uvmap.

Same with the arms spread out, they are always like that, also with a normal unimesh import.(in Milkshape that is, if you see this in bodyshop you forgot to import the skeleton, its missing.

Let me try to clarify a bit, just a little step-by-step.  I export the .obj from SimPE from the GMDC of the original outfit mesh, and save it as body.obj.  The filename is important, because the magnets are set to use that for the target group name, unless it's a Top or Bottom.  The export settings are set to XYZ, so she exports standing up.  In Poser, I import the .obj, uncheck all the boxes, and get my figure, ready to have magnets applied.  I apply the magnets, create a morph, delete the magnets, activate the morph.  Then I zero out the Joint Parameters as I mentioned, and rotate 180 on the Y axis, and 90 on the Z axis, so she's lying down, and I export my new .obj for importing into the Mesh Tool.

If I'm planning to work the mesh in Milkshape, I skip the rotating part and just export the .obj files standing up, since Unimesh will make a proper .simpe file from it.

So it depends if you are going to work with the mesh tool or with Milkshape.
Meshtool is very old, better extract the gmdc from Simpe so you dont need to do the rotating part.
He also export/import the normal body and morph in one procedure, i do them seperate.
Read some other posts for more info:
http://www.insimenator.org/index.php/topic,31845.0.html

The procedure i described is for me the easiest one, if you prefer meshtool that is up to you Wink

Edit,
It seems(not sure) the mesh tool has its benefits as you dont need to fix the normals, the lines you see in Milkshape......
« Last Edit: March 23, 2010, 02:38:23 am by BlooM » Logged

No longer active
nikkidanielle
Head Banana Sundae

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2010, 03:49:05 pm »

I think I'm getting closer to figuring this out. Using the info you gave me in the last post, I found that one of my problems was me not activating the mesh before exporting it from Poser. Now my problem is still trying to figure out why the mesh is laying down again lol rolleyes I just know I'm missing something when it comes to exporting the mesh from Poser and importing the mesh back into the file.

What I have been doing is when I export the mesh from Poser, I follwed Warlokk's tips about importing the .obj file into Milkshape so that I could fix the seam. After importing the .obj file in simpe, in the popup that follows the only thing I change is the action drop down list from Add to Replace. Everything seems fine until I run Bodyshop where the mesh looks fine but it's laying down and in game it's a dark colored bodyshape stuck in the milkshape pose. I'm going to try using the mesh tool a little later today now that I have my Poser problem fixed YAY

Thank you for your help and patience with me, Bloom! I'm determined to get this thing done! Grin

BlooM

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2010, 07:45:22 pm »

To clear things up, there are 2 ways:

You can use meshtool, then you have to rotate the model when imported in Poser and rotate back again when you aplied the magnets.
Then import it back into meshtool to give it its skeleton and bones back.

Or you use Milkshape and extract the mesh both as obj file and objx file, the mesh will stand up on import in Poser so no rotation needed.
After you exported the obj file you have to bring in the skeleton and bones with the objx file.

I always use the last method.

No longer active
nikkidanielle
Head Banana Sundae

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2010, 08:36:57 pm »

Yeah I was just getting ready to reply that I used the mesh tool and though it's standing up the head is disconnected from the body so now I'm starting over and using the second method to see what I get. Wink

Edit

3yayWhoopee! It worked YAY! I combined your method with tmo's and got exactly what I wanted Hug2! Thanks again Bloom! Fanku
« Last Edit: March 23, 2010, 09:18:48 pm by nikkidanielle » Logged

nappyme

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2011, 11:11:25 am »

Open Milkshape,

* Import the mesh in Milkshape(without the morph!) with Unimesh plugin.
*Choose export and export the mesh as objx file(use the objx exporter and save it as body.objx)
*Choose export and export the mesh as a obj file(use wavefront obj exporter and save it as body.obj)
Start new, without saving anything
*Import the same mesh in Milkshape but this time with the morph with Unimesh plugin
* delete the normal(default mesh)
*export the morph as obj file(save it as body.obj in a seperate folder)

Open Poser,

*Import the normal body.obj(untick all the boxes)
*Apply the magnets
*export the rengal shape as body.obj or overwrite the imported body.obj file
*only the body file should be tiicked when exporting(not the ground or any other options at the next popup.
*start new in Poser
*import the fatmorph(do not tick any boxes)
*apply the magnets
*export the rengal fatmorph as obj file and call it body or overwrite the imported one.

Close Poser

The skeleton should now be there and the body has its bonesettings back.
Import the rengalfatmorph as obj file.
*Fix the comments and the normals.
*Export with Unimesh

Does anyone now if this process would work if the mesh has more that one part. Meaning, alpha-layers.

***Requests taken for MAXIS conversions ONLY!!***<br /><br />I have The Sims 2 plus ALL Expansion Packs!!!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: