Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 09:24:57 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: {(Discontinued)}  (Read 5877 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
gumdrop Rain

View Profile
« on: March 28, 2010, 05:25:29 pm »

Re-arranged First Post; First Chapter Farther Down

[Banner will eventually go here once it's finished.]

I've been playing sims and writing for .... years, so it's only logical I put the two together. The main character of this situation is a secondary character I never thought I'd elaborate on - but I fell in love with her, so I decided she would be the focus of my first sim story, a little tale about her personal life.

Mother of one, conflicting with herself, trying to bury the past where it belongs - behind her. Andrae O'Mackey is one woman who could keep the world wondering, dangling from her fingertips. Lovely, independent, compassionate, lively, creative, passionate and unstable, she's hard to resist and even more of a challenge to get close to. Everyone, however, needs a shoulder to lay their head on and a friend to hold them up, and not even Andrae can deny that ... So what happens when that shoulder and friend come in the form of her deceased husband's brother?

Chapter List--Play List
Chapter One [First Page] ~ Here Without You - 3 Doors Down
Chapter Two - [First Page] ~ My Sacrifice - Creed
« Last Edit: June 10, 2010, 11:48:33 pm by gumdrop Rain » Logged
dark_jean

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2010, 05:20:36 am »

Very interesting poses... Grin!!! looking forward to the next update Cheesy

I am fire...I am life incarnate...I am the Phoenix
twinklelilstar

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2010, 09:06:02 pm »

So I was FORCED to comment, seriously the author blackmailed me (so beware!) As best friend, I suppose I have to review this though...

Those are some pretty odd poses...and why the heck are they on the FLOOR? There's a bed right there...silly author. Of course she intended for the readers to understand her logic, which is pretty messed up. (She assumed the readers would get that fooling around on the floor instead of a comfy bed is a very 'Drae' thing to do.) What is with the random piano? I thought they were on honeymoon? Why would there be a piano in a honeymoon suite?

I like the dialogue, it flows like a normal conversation would and it's not strained or forced at all. The pictures are also done VERY well. LOVE the poses, well the non-questionable ones. Cheesy Overall I can't wait for the next chapter...(so hurry it up missy!)

"You said forever, who knew forever was so short?"

Anju's story
Sim Pictures!

Ruffnut
aka KyleTheArtist

Totally Crazy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2010, 03:49:51 am »

only comment about pictures is, I suggest you raise walls.

other then that, me likes so far Smiley

gumdrop Rain

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2010, 10:08:10 am »

Thanks you guys <3 I'm working on chapter two~

~@Kyle-Best advice ever, thanks. I didn't realize until after I'd posted the chapter that I hadn't raised the walls back up from positioning .... So you can see the rest of the unfurnished house xD
Ruffnut
aka KyleTheArtist

Totally Crazy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2010, 01:20:55 pm »

I reread the story again. A little confusing, but I hope it get explained Smiley

Also, try to set setting a bit higher, the pictures are a wee bit blurry Sad

gumdrop Rain

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2010, 01:51:19 am »

THOSE SIMS ARE NOT NAKED!
only halfway so!
------------------------------
--------------
-----

"A dream which is not interpreted is like a letter which is not read." - The Talmud

Andrae sighed, fidgeting as her body shifted into wakefulness. It took her a moment to register where, exactly, she was. She was laying on an uneven surface, pressed against something delightfully warm, as she was already rather cold. “Good morning, O’Mackey. I was wondering how much longer you could sleep like that.”

“S’not morning ….” She mumbled back, lifting her head to look up Dayne, whom she was nestled quite comfortably against, then smiled at another thought. “And it’s not O’Mackey anymore. It’s Campos.” Mrs. Dayne Campos, actually. It sounded beautiful, even if she wasn’t saying it aloud. Just the way lying curled up against him in the floor felt absolutely right. “Did we fall asleep down here?”

He chuckled, brushing a few flyaway strands of hair. “Oh, yes it is, and you did. I’ve simply been enjoying your presence. Watching you sleep, listening to you mumble.” He curled his arm around her, pulling her closer. “Contemplating what to do to you once you woke up ...” She parted her lips, but was rendered speechless as his teeth grazed the shell of her ear, tongue brushing gently at her earlobe before he moved on to plant soft kisses down her neck, over her bare shoulder, trailing his lips over her collarbone.

She moaned sleepily at the feel of his warm lips, wriggling happily as his kisses tickled her soft skin. This had to be a good way to start a marriage, because she couldn’t think of another place she would rather be. She slid a hand up his back, reaching his jet black hair to run her fingers through it. “You said I get four months of this sort of treatment?”

“We can string it out longer if you like,” Dayne responded, nipping beneath her chin. He shifted then, pulling her up in his arms, and kissed her lightly on the lips. “I don’t think you got a very good look of Paris at night before you became …. Thoroughly occupied,” he murmured, cupping her face and turning it toward the large picture window they were curled in front of. “Tell me what you think.”

She blinked, laying her head back on his shoulder. Paris at night, she had seen before, but not the way it looked from the view he’d managed to book. She turned in his arms, resting her hands on his shoulders to press a kiss to his lips. “I don’t think there are many ways it could be more perfect,” she smiled, pushing him down on his back, leaning down over him to rest her forehead against his.

“Me either.” He sighed deeply, running his hands up her back, lifted them to cup her face, and pressed a tender kiss to her lips. “I love you, Drae.”

Tilting his head just slightly to the side, Dayne pressed another soft kiss to the corner of her mouth. “God, I miss you.”

She frowned in confusion, lifting up to lay a hand on his chest. “What?” He shook his head, only giving her a wry smile as he lifted her hand to kiss her palm.

Andrae jerked up from her dream, throwing a look around the room, pushing her covers back and frantically tossing pillows out of her way– but it was no use. Dayne wasn’t there. It had been fourteen years since Drae O’Mackey had been able to wake up nestled against him. She wasn’t ever going to find his peacefully sleeping body nestled against hers ever again, as she should very well know. She sucked in a shattered breath as she choked on a silent sob, closing her eyes as she dug her nails into the duvet. ‘God, I miss you …’

Throwing her legs over the edge of the bed, she moved immediately to the bathroom so she could wash her face in the sink, splashing cool water over her newly tearstained cheeks. She turned the tap off, leaning on the countertop to look at her reflection – but jerked up at the sound of a clatter upstairs. She straightened, walking quickly out of the room to go find her daughter. Her first instinct was worry, but upon thinking of the possibilities while she climbed the stairs to the attic, Drae realized that she had probably simply fallen to the floor while climbing in through the window from a late night – or early morning – walk, or perhaps had managed to knock over her bookcase. Peeking into the room, Andrae wasn’t surprised to find that Leanelle wasn’t in her bed. She let herself in, finding that the light was on in the “closet” – which was more or less a sectioned storage room that contained a bunch of old junk, along with most of the belongings Nelle had brought over from Karen and Darrius’ place. “Nelle ….” Drae frowned, leaning against the open doorway to the closet. “What are you doing?”

The girl didn’t answer at first, bent over something that the older woman couldn’t quite see, and holding up a canvas tarp in one hand. When Drae took a few steps forward, however, Nelle quickly moved out of the way, leaving the painting she’d been studying quite open to view. Andrae’s eyes widened and she skidded back a step, bumping right into the wall. She couldn’t think of a worse situation to wake up to – why hadn’t she put this picture away in his study? “You told me you didn’t keep contact with him.” Drae swallowed, refusing to look at the teenager who stood, arms crossed, just before her. “Why would you lie about that?”

“What are you doing in here?” Andrae snapped back, eyes still focused on the painting. A commissioned portrait of herself, pressed close against Dayne and holding a tiny infant Nelle.

“I was looking for something to wear to the gymnastics meet.” She muttered. “All my clothes are in here.”

That must have been what had fallen, Drae registered, surveying the piles of clothes on the floor near her painting. “Why don’t you just wear a pair of jeans and …. Oh, never mind.” A grin pulled at her lips, but Nelle wasn’t having any of the woman’s teasing.

“We’re off topic – the picture?” She pointed, scowling at the happy portrait of three, and Andrae bit her lip, the sinking feeling in the pit of her stomach deepening. Avoiding the subject was so much easier – even lying about it. But, as she did know, it was also selfish. Pushing him away and keeping him to herself wasn’t something she should be doing, but in their situation … it was just easier that way. “Aundri,” Nelle murmured, furrowing her brows.

Drae swallowed. She couldn’t be mad at Leanelle for stumbling across the picture. It was she who was the emotional basket case that was afraid to pick it up and move it out of her sight. And apparently it was time Nelle found just exactly where she came from. “It’s complicated,” she muttered in a last feeble attempt to wiggle free of the situation. Nelle glared. “But …. Come on. I’ll make us some tea.”

Downstairs in the kitchen, Leanelle sat down at the table while Andrae moved directly to the stove with the kettle. The clock cheerfully chimed at one in the morning, and Nelle filled the silence between them with her first question, the most predictable. “Who is he?”

“Was he,” Drae corrected absently, eyes on the tea kettle.

“Was he?”

“Your father’s name was Dayne Campos.”

Nelle frowned slightly, keeping quiet for a moment. “Why is it complicated?”

“Because it’s easier to lie to you,” her mother responded softly. “It keeps your mom from hating me. Keeps me from having to think too much.” She faltered on the word ‘mom’. It was always hard for Andrae to think in her mind of her sister as Leanelle’s ‘mother’. But legally, she certainly was - Nelle’s adoptive mother. Andrae, on the other hand, got to play the role of favorite aunt. Nelle had known since she was nearly eight what the odd arrangement was, but mother and aunt in their two reversible roles with the carefully molded lie of origin were set in her mind.

“Why would she hate you?”

Andrae chuckled dryly. “She didn’t like him. She was mad at me. I suppose she had the right to be …” She trailed off before being interrupted by the screeching whistle of the kettle and plucked it from the burner, pouring the heated water over the waiting bags already placed in their respective mugs, and carried them over to the table. The decision to tell the other girl what she wanted to know had been easier to make than Drae had anticipated, but the tale in itself, she was certain, wouldn’t be. She may need a fair bit of help. “Anyway …”

“Right …” Nelle pulled her mug closer, dropping a couple of spoonfuls of sugar from the dish into her cup with a drizzle of honey. “So …. What happened?”

Drae frowned, stirring her still-steeping tea. “A lot,” she paused, glancing at Leanelle. “What do you want to know first?”

She shrugged. “Start at the beginning.”

“You realize that this isn’t going to take just one night, don’t you?” Drae frowned.

“Well … yeah.”

“I might have to stop. Frequently.”

“Okay.”

Drae pressed her lips together in a firm line then let out a long sigh. “Where’s the beginning?” Pursing her lips, she ran her fingers through her hair. “We met through Alisdair-“

“Uncle Alis?”

“Right, Alis. Anyway, Dayne had moved to Giovanni a while ago, and the two of them taught at the University – Alis, you know is in Literature and Dayne had a few Journalism classes. I called Alis to make him come out with me, and he happened to drag Dayne with him so he wouldn’t have to suffer alone.” She rolled her eyes, a hint of a smile curving her mouth. The scene was easy to picture, easy to fall back into, even if she preferred not to …

“Sorry we’re late,” Alisdair grumbled, sliding into the table across from his baby sister.

“You’re not sorry,” Andrae responded with a roll of her eyes. “You did it on purpose.” She paused, blinking as her eldest brother’s accompaniment sat down as well, though she wasn’t quite sure he’d even looked at her – he was quite busy scrawling something in a notebook. “Who’s this?”

“Dayne, meet my little sister, Andrea. Drae, this is Dayne. Teaches journalism at the university.” Alis leaned back in his chair, running his fingers through his long dark hair.

“Nice to meet you,” Drae smiled brightly – and receiving a small, absent nod and an “Mm, you too …” before she glanced up as the waiter dropped by. “Piña colada, two scotches. Ballantine, and more breadsticks.” She rolled her eyes back to Alis and Dayne, pursing her lips as she studied the former’s slightly bent head and dark eyelashes as he continued his writing and scribbling, oblivious to Alisdair or herself for the most part. Of course, Alis would bring someone as antisocial as he was. “You surprised me, Alis, dear. He certainly wasn’t what I expected.”

“Oh, and what were you expecting?” Alis’ lips curled into a smirk.

“Another of your cute little lit students dressed up like a doll and looking for an A.”

Alis chuckled. “I think he’d look a little ridiculous in a dress, don’t you?”

Dayne lifted his head, frowning slightly between the two of them – giving Drae the first good look at his face. “I would look ridiculous in a dress,” he assured them, tapping his pen against the open notebook. He was saved further explanation though, as the waiter returned, sliding the honey colored scotches into place before the two men, and placed Drae’s piña colada in her hand. “Ballantine, you said?” He raised an eyebrow, swirling the blended scotch whiskey in the tumbler. She nodded, sipping her own concoction through her straw. “Good girl.”

For a moment, she couldn’t decide whether to kick him or blow him a kiss, but settled on the latter, earning a cocked eyebrow and a hint of a smile as he raised his glass to his lips. “So,” she asked, relaxing back in her seat, “what are you working on, Dayne?”
Alis moved to pull his cigarettes from his pocket, offering Campos one as well, and leaned in as he lit it, taking a short drag as Dayne lit his own while he answered. “I’ve got a deadline to meet,” he smiled wryly, “my editor expects a finished chapter the day after tomorrow – and I’m two chapters behind schedule.”

Alis’ smirk had yet to leave his mouth, but Drae was ignoring it rather well. “Ah, I see. Novel?”

“Mmhm.”

“Your name sounds familiar,” she mused, propping her chin on her knuckles. “Campos …”

He chuckled, taking another swig of scotch. “I bet it does.”

Alis grinned, taking a drink from his tumbler as well, and Drae couldn’t help but wonder what he was up to. What, exactly, had he brought Dayne for, rather than his usual arm candy? She couldn’t say she wasn’t enjoying his company more though … And not only because he was rather nice to look at. He had her interested – which was probably Alis’ plan all along. For whatever reason, she would find out later.

--------------
-----

“Aundri …. Aundri … Mom,” Nelle’s voice sliced into Andrae’s thoughts, causing her to look up.

“Huh?”

“You just … stopped talking.”

“Oh, right …. When?”

Leanelle blinked, furrowing her brows. “Um, after you said you thought Uncle Alis was planning something. You just sort of trailed off and started looking at something over my head.”

Andrae nodded slowly, poking her tea cup. “Sorry – I got … I don’t want to talk anymore.” She stood up, pushing her chair in under the table.

“Don’t want to – what??” Nelle frowned. “You just started!”

And it hurts! She wanted to retort, but held her tongue, shaking her head. “I said I would need to stop frequently. This is the first frequent stop. And it’s,” she paused, glancing at the clock on the stove, “after two in the morning! You have to wake up to go to the meet, don’t you? You need to get to bed.”

“That’s not until noon!”

“I thought Cross said he was going to swing by and pick you up? Don’t want to keep him waiting; he has to be there early. You’ll sleep till the last minute.”

Nelle’s cheeks darkened at the mentioned of Jareth Cross’ name, but rolled her eyes. “I’m not-“

“Go to bed, Nelle.”

The teenager once again parted her lips with some sort of snappy response, but seemed to think better of it. Instead, she muttered a ‘good night’ and turned out of the room, abandoning her tea cup on the table as she retreated to her bedroom. Andrae sighed, closing her eyes for a moment before opening them to locate the phone. She had a call to make.
gumdrop Rain

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2010, 01:51:51 am »

This chapter, I apologize, introduces you to yet another character and is sort od a necessary filler. The next chapter will be getting straight to the point.
--------------
-----

"In prosperity our friends know us; in adversity we know our friends." - John Churton Collins

Jesse Campos stared at his computer monitor in silence, the only noise in the classroom being that of scratching pencils and erasers, the occasional scuffling of feet or mumbled curse. Forty minutes of testing left, and he should be finalizing the last of their grades … But he couldn’t tear his mind from the one thing that, even in the light of early afternoon, was still tormenting it. Andrae had called him earlier that week – which wasn’t unusual, save for the fact that the call had come at nearly three in the morning. And he hadn’t spoken to her afterwards for the rest of the week. He had called at least four times, left messages to check on her – she may not be ignoring him if he didn’t sound so much like his damn brother, their voices –despite Jesse’s differentiating English accent - almost identical. It was why they didn’t speak over the phone – or in person – much in the first place … He couldn’t bear the agony in her voice or the strained look behind her eyes. Leanelle was at school though, and well enough, it seemed, so he wasn’t too worried about O’Mackey. Though … He dropped his head into his hands, glaring at the keyboard as her soft, desperate tone resounded in his mind, the conversation replaying once again.

“Hello?” He’d answered the phone groggily, without even a glance to the caller ID.

A soft whimper could be heard from the other end of the line, just before the near-whisper of “… Dayne.”

He sat up in bed, his heart clenching in his chest at the sound of his brother’s name, wondering for the briefest moment if Drae had been drinking. “Hello, Andrae.” A soft choke sounded on the line, and a sniffle. “Drae … Love, I’m …” Sighing, he had leaned forward to rest his elbows on his knees, holding his head in his hands as his heart broke over again with every helpless sob from her end.

“I’m … Oh God, I …. Didn’t mean to … Do this …” Her voice shuddered, giving way to a new wave of tears.

He sighed. “I know, love … I know.”

He wasn’t all that certain how long their call had lasted. An hour, at least, he’d listened to her cry. She hadn’t called in that sort of state in over a year. But he was more than willing to listen to her, his only regret being that he couldn’t be her literal shoulder to cry on at the time. Today though, if she hadn’t returned his calls, he did plan on going to see her. It had been …. Several months since he’d last laid eyes on her.

He was sidetracked though, by the sudden mass movement and rustling of papers and backpacks around the room, and glanced at the clock on his computer, blinking in surprise to see that it was five minutes to three. Looking up, his eyes moved immediately to Leanelle out of pure habit – startled to find her staring right back at him, brows furrowed and chewing on the eraser of her pencil. “Miss Brookes?”

Being called out, she jumped, jerking up her test papers to reorder them. “Sorry – I was, ah, thinking.”

“You sure you didn’t want something?”

“N-no. I’m good.”

Thoughtfully lifting his hand to prop his chin up, Jesse watched as she walked her finished exam to his desk, laying it atop the pile with the others when the bell rang. She paused there, eyes roving over his face and parting her lips before clamping them together again. “What is it, Leanelle?” She shook her head, but paused. “Something’s bothering you.”

She frowned, then pressed her lips into a firm line, glancing at the door. “Can I ask you a question?”

“Of course.”

“When did your brother die?” The internet, Leanelle had found, was a vast sea of knowledge that would be able to tell her things, even when her mother refused to. And for the past week, it had been a hard press to squeeze any information from Aundri. If Nelle even hinted at it, she clammed up, pressing her lips together and muttering something about a painting to finish or a call to make before ducking out of the room. The girl had surmised that Andrae would let it out little by little … And rushing her would do no good. But she still wanted to know things, and wasn’t very good at waiting.

Her findings though, had led her to a number of places – though it didn’t tell her much of great substance. Without Aundri’s contribution, all she could find were random facts about someone she, unfortunately, never had the chance to know. Her father had been born in New York, with one younger brother, whom she’d managed to scout out as well – she’d been tempted to go look for his birth certificate somewhere in the house … His attendance at Columbia lasted five years, and through careful preening and tracking, she was able to dig up a few of his articles from the New York Times in addition to a list of novels he had written under a pen name that she fully intended to search for in the house. She wouldn’t put it past Aundri to have every single one of them. The lead to these things though, had been in his obituary; the shallow mention in the Giovanni Pamphlet from Nelle’s own hometown. She had several copies of it she’d run off from her printer, tucked away in places it would be easy to re-read, though she’d memorized it by this point.

“Wh-what?”

“Your brother. When did he die?”

Jesse clenched his jaw, shutting his eyes tightly for a moment. “Leanelle, I am not-“

“Please?” She asked softly, tilting her head to the side.

He swallowed, looking at her again. Astonishing, how much she resembled her mother – especially the way her dark brown eyes were pleading with him. A look he couldn’t bear to refuse. “He died … Fourteen years ago now.”

“Location?”

“Giovanni, Maine. St. Maria’s.”

“Thank you,” she mumbled, turning away to go pick up her bag from her nearby seat.

“Is that all?”

“Yes … Sorry.” She sighed, swinging the bag over her shoulder before quickly ducking out of the room.

Jesse sighed deeply, pulling his cell phone from his pocket to press in the first number he kept in his virtual phonebook. Surprisingly, she answered on the second ring. “Jesse, I’m so sorry I haven’t returned your calls. I-“

“Don’t worry about it, love,” He responded immediately, moving to shut off his computer before stowing it away in his bag to take to his car. “I actually called about Leanelle.”

“Nelle?”

“Yes,” he tramped down the stairs, heading for the first floor of the massive school building. “What have you been telling that girl?”

Andrae groaned, and he heard the light clang of a pot in the background. “I need you,” she sighed, “to come here.” More clanging, a door slam. “I’ve been trying to think of a way to ask you all week – I can’t tell her what she wants to know all at once. Can you-“

“Whatever you need, Andrae.” He murmured, opening the door to his car to toss his bag containing a few folders and his laptop in the back seat before climbing into the driver’s side. “You know that.”

“Are you free for dinner tonight?”

“Of course.”

“Right now? Keep me company until Nelle gets here?”

“I’m on my way.”

It seemed silly to drive to Andrae’s house when the woman lived so near the school, but he didn’t particularly relish the idea of leaving his car overnight at the Academy – and he needed it to get back to his own house. He pulled up along the curb, out of the way of Drae’s pink Bug, clambering out of his sedan to knock on the door. Leanelle, he didn’t doubt, was still at the school, or perhaps on her way home. He would have beaten her anyway, knowing she was walking. He’d barely had time to knock on the door before it was yanked open and he found himself standing there with Andrae’s arms thrown around his shoulders, burrowing her face against his shoulder. “Hello, love,” he murmured, kissing the side of her head as he wound his arms around her in return. It was good to hold her, even if she did pull away a moment later, holding the door open for him to step inside. “How are you?”

“I’m fine – how are you doing? You have bags under your eyes.” She frowned, cocking her head to the side as she studied him. “Come on, let me get you something to drink. I made coffee, but the liquor cabinet is open.”

He chuckled softly, allowing himself to be led into the kitchen and seated at the table with a cup of coffee splashed with German whiskey. Odd, how well she logged away her friends’ drinking habits. He couldn’t recall an occasion where she hadn’t known what to order or hand out. Perhaps it was simply some sort of inborn ability. “So,” he cleared his throat, leaning back in the chair. “She asked me today, when it was my brother died.” Andrae winced, shooting him a deeply apologetic look. If he’d been mad at her in the first place he wouldn’t have been able to hold any hostile feelings after that. “I suppose she’s learned to use the internet by now, since I don’t think you’ve told her what’s going on.” Drae nodded slowly, leaning against the counter. “I wouldn’t expect anything less. She’s rather like you – can’t wait for anything.”

Andrae smiled slightly, shaking her head, but just as she parted her lips to speak, the front door was pushed open. Not a minute later, Leanelle strode into the kitchen, sliding her back from her shoulder – but coming to an unsteady halt when she saw Jesse sitting at the kitchen table. “Nelle,” Andrae cut in, moving to lay a hand on the girl’s shoulder. “I’m … Pretty sure you know Jesse.” Nodding, Nelle readjusted her bag. “You’re uh, biological uncle.”

“Yeah,” she muttered, wrapping her arms around herself. “I kinda figured. I’m going to take this up to my room and call Tanya and Cross.” Not waiting for a response, Leanelle slipped back through the archway of the kitchen to hurry up the stairs.

“That probably went as well as we could hope for.” Jesse muttered, leaning back in his seat. Andrae nodded, turning back to the stove. “Are we going to start ironing things out for her tonight?” Another nod was her response. It was going to be a rather long night. As expected, Leanelle was nearly silent through dinner, only speaking when spoken to, answering questions, and muttering once to ask Jesse to hand her the water pitcher. He managed to coax Andrae into allowing him to help clean the kitchen, but Nelle failed at retreating to her room and was instead commissioned to set up a game of Monopoly. Probably a rather good idea on Andrae’s part – it was always easier to talk about things, especially uncomfortable things – whenever one had something to do with their hands and occupy their mind elsewhere. “You going to be alright, love?” He asked while they were still alone in the kitchen, resting a light hand between Andrae’s shoulder blades.

She chewed her lower lip, putting the final dish away in the cabinet before turning to snake her arms around his middle, dropping her head against his chest. “I’m so glad you came over,” she murmured by way of answering, burrowing her face into his shirt.

“You’d have managed on your own,” he sighed, but slid his arms around her anyway. “You always do.” She didn’t reply, but squeezed him, attempting to pull him even closer. If he could stay like that, he would have – but too long and he could do something he may very seriously regret later. Which was wrong. You don’t pine after your deceased brother’s widow. “Come on, love. Leanelle is waiting on us to start the talking.”
« Last Edit: April 14, 2010, 02:05:23 am by gumdrop Rain » Logged
Ruffnut
aka KyleTheArtist

Totally Crazy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2010, 02:49:09 am »

OOh the suspense and the mystery. The girl is demanding isn't she? o_O

gumdrop Rain

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2010, 03:36:50 pm »

Haha I'm glad you're interested Grin Heh, demanding - Nelle or Andrae? Though, I suppose they both are ...
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: