Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 07:43:13 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Game not using EA Games folder  (Read 4272 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
IloveGarbage
The R&D of Shirley Manson

Garbage Parade attender

View Profile
« on: March 25, 2010, 07:40:19 am »

Every time I play TS2 on this new computer it makes a new EA Games folder instead of using the one I imported from my old computer. When I look in the new folder, it's empty. How can I get it to use my old folder? I've deleted the new one several times.

Garbage is my favorite band so please don't say anything bad about them or I will throw my Mac at you. Smiley
Prudensh

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2010, 07:08:48 pm »

What operating system do you have?
Do you have the correct permissions to create a new folder?
IloveGarbage

Garbage Parade attender

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2010, 10:31:59 pm »

Windows 7 Home Premium.

And yes, I have administrator rights.
Here's a screenshot of the Documents folder. The one circled is the new folder that the game is creating. the one highlighted is the one I need the Game to use.

FYI the Electronic Arts folder is for The Sims 3. doesn't have anything to do with it.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2010, 10:42:13 pm by IloveGarbage » Logged

Garbage is my favorite band so please don't say anything bad about them or I will throw my Mac at you. Smiley
caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2010, 01:00:03 am »

You could try copying the contents of the folder you want it to use and overwriting the contents of the new folder. I don't know if it will work, but it's worth a shot.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2010, 01:59:55 am by caffeinated.joy » Logged

Everybody should believe something.
I believe I'll have more coffee.
ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2010, 01:08:12 am »

Under the Documents library, there are My Documents and Public Documents.  If you just highlight Documents, you will see the contents of both listed.  However, expanding Documents will show the other two libraries.  Highlighting My Documents will show you what you are looking for as far as the game folders.  You can ignore the Public Documents version of the game folders, they are never touched.
Prudensh

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2010, 01:15:43 am »

Yes, you will always see 2 EA Games folders when accessing your documents through the Library. http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=391951

Are you saying though that you can't see access any of of your saved games or custom content?  huh
IloveGarbage

Garbage Parade attender

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2010, 09:55:15 am »

Yes, The neighborhoods and CC don't show up.

Prudensh

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2010, 06:36:25 pm »

In this thread
Huge Lunatic says that :"An issue that I have had if my user game files have been corrupted, is that I cannot simply replace the entire My Documents\EA Games\The Sims2 folder, but rather have to replace contents of the individual folders. Such as Neighborhoods, Downloads, etc. Have you tried running bodyshop so it will generate the downloads folder?"

There are a few other issues mentioned in that thread that may also help.

Sorry I don't have Windows 7, but I have been Googling your problem to death as it's annoying me. Probably not as much as it's annoying you, though... Undecided
Carlwashere
Irrationally Optimistic
Site Santa!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2010, 06:42:07 pm »

I answered this question in an earlier thread.
One second, lemme dig it up.
I answered it here. This is EXACTLY what you need. (from the look of it, I could be wrong.  Grin)
http://www.insimenator.org/index.php/topic,108824.msg1582385.html#msg1582385

I need more freetime.
Prudensh

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2010, 06:48:21 pm »

Fantastic, Carlwashere! I'm bookmarking that thread for future reference. Stupid Google... angry
IloveGarbage

Garbage Parade attender

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2010, 07:33:33 pm »

Thanks for that, that makes it less confusing. But now my main problem is that none of my saved games or CC from my old computer is showing up.It never did. How can I fix this?

Prudensh

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 26, 2010, 08:21:27 pm »

Have you removed your public Documents folder as per Carlwashere's suggestion?
Have you tried replacing the contents of the folders individually (not just replacing the entire Sims 2 folder)as per Huge Lunatic's advice?
IloveGarbage

Garbage Parade attender

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 26, 2010, 10:33:42 pm »

yes. all that.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: