Insimenator.org
April 26, 2024, 01:40:26 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Identify & Remove Duplicates Between SIMS3PACK & PACKAGE Files  (Read 1941 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
lowprofile

View Profile
« on: April 09, 2010, 08:27:42 am »

I am looking for a tool that can compare package file content with sims3pack content so I can weed out duplicates between them. It would also be handy if the tool could then remove the duplicate content from one of the files. For example, the utility would locate all duplicate content, comparing only package and sims3pack files (not sims3pack to sims3pack or package to package - there are already tools that do this), and then the user would choose which duplicates to remove. The removal mechanism could either be guided by an optional setting the user makes in program options (i.e. "always remove the content from the sims3pack file", etc) -OR- user chooses to remove the extra content by checking a box next to each duplicate displayed that they want to remove - similar to how Delphy's Dashboard finds and corrects duplicates.

I personally have a TON of duplicate content between my sims3pack and package files and have been looking for a tool like this for a long time. I hope someone is interested in building it - I'm sure many custom content junkies could use it, too.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: