Insimenator.org
March 29, 2024, 06:34:48 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: engaged sim couple won't get married  (Read 2708 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
cgirl369

View Profile
« on: April 14, 2010, 06:23:50 am »

I have a megahood I made with cleaned-up neighborhoods from here.  Antonio Monty and his two kids moved in with the Broke clan, minus Dustin, who'd left for college.  I got Antonio and Brandi to fall in love and get engaged, but I can't get them to get married.  Every time I try I get an error code for Antonio saying "Object referred to must be a person".  I've had three other couples (Nina and Don, Dina and Mortimer, and Cassandra and Darren) in this neighborhood get married just fine, and SimPE says Antonio is definitely human.  Help?

Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

Currently distracted by Something Shiny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2010, 07:04:14 am »

Did you try the other way around - Brandi ask Antonio?

My site:

Little Fire Burning - Chapter 85 out

~Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain~
cgirl369

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2010, 01:52:40 pm »

yeah, I've tried it both ways, with an arch, without an arch, with the marriage of convenience arch (which i downloaded in the hopes it'd help with this problem)... nothing.

Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

Currently distracted by Something Shiny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2010, 02:12:19 pm »

Could be that Brandi is the problem.

My site:

Little Fire Burning - Chapter 85 out

~Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain~
Prudensh

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2010, 03:01:45 am »

Are you playing with the testing cheats on?
cgirl369

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2010, 06:58:30 am »

I think it's a problem with Antonio and the Montys in general, as Bianca couldn't get married, either, getting the same error code as Antonio.  Of course the only way I'll know for sure if it's a Monty problem is if Mercutio and Romeo get the error code, too.

As for the testingcheats, boolprop doesn't create errors, it just gives yous the error code when normally it'd just reset.  So without boolprop no error code comes up, but Antonio and Brandi get reset before they can finish the wedding.

ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2010, 02:44:50 pm »

Verona and Strangetown are both extremely buggy.  It's possible when the person "cleaning up" those neighborhoods missed something.  The only way I know to fix the problems with the sims is to spawn every sim's Biological Clock from a mod not to be discussed on this forum.
Sita

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2010, 07:09:23 am »

I've had the same problem with a megahood. The only thing I can think is that something is left behind when the Sims are "cleaned up" - and as I haven't the time or the patience to do this for myself I have to live with it. So some of my Sims are just "allergic to marriage" or traumatised by bad marriages - those couples love one another just as much and live together happily. The only difference I see it making is - no wedding ceremony, and that when one dies the other is treated as a friend and not as a spouse for insurance purposes.

and http://simechoes.org for Sims 1 and 2
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: