Insimenator.org
April 20, 2024, 03:10:37 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: SIMS 4???  (Read 9769 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Niacin

View Profile
« on: April 15, 2010, 11:19:55 pm »

Sims 4??....Maybe true, maybe not? Just take a look:

http://www.simprograms.com/rumor-the-sims-4-is-going-online/
gazania
Site Santa!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2010, 07:53:28 am »

"You can have it all, but how much do you want it?'

As a group of patient souls know, I was hoping desperately for this news. But not as Sims Online II ... as an app.  App games are still hot right now, and when someone started a Sims 1 sham site, he got hundreds of thousands of fans ... I believe over 1 million. So yes, the demand IS there for an app Sims.

It should NOT be a continuation IMO, but a separate Sims ... much like "Bustin' Loose" or "Urbz" were on the console. I think it would be a major mistake if EA DOES imply in any way that it's a "true" Sims continuation. It should be more like a side story.

EA should be looking at Slashkey and Rock You! and other like games for inspiration. But not Zynga. Egads, not Zynga. Zynga has been so incredibly money-hungry lately that it's disgusting. It's one thing a peddle a few shinies for sale ... quite another when most of your new items are cash-only. Real-life cash only, that is.

I think what me might get is TirNua. And that would be a disaster.

TirNua is a Sims 1-like game. I know it's on FB, and right now, I don't know if it's on MySpace. I guess I can look at my profile there later. It was allegedly developed by one of the Sims Online creators.

I was giddy with excitement when I read about this app! THIS was what I wanted! I thought I did, anyway.

It's a clunky game to navigate, and its as bad as Zynga with the "gimme gimme gimme" ploy. The game keeps pushing for you to be a "resident" ... for a monthly fee. No, not the "get _____-Cash" angle most of the apps go for. THIS game wants monthly subscriptions. I deleted that app in a hurry.

If this is what EA is going for, there is no way in this galaxy I'm staying with that app. Maybe I'll try it for giggles. But I'd probably dump it in a day, like I did with TirNua. And I fear that EA might be eying this sort of angle, unfortunately. So now, my cries for "Make a Sims 4 app!" are considerably fewer and further between.

« Last Edit: April 17, 2010, 10:40:40 pm by gazania » Logged
Paden
Admin

Great cat of NO mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2010, 12:04:07 pm »

I only buy my computer games on a disk, so they'd be barking up the wrong tree by expecting me to do an online thing. Nuts to that.

I'm not a button, so DO NOT PUSH ME.
Spartle

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2010, 02:15:12 pm »

Same here, Paden.  That'll be the day I buy into that kind of crud.
MaryH

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2010, 04:51:41 pm »

If they're considering it, it's only for the microtransactions aspect of the entire thing. They want to sell more stuff to you. So why not on-line? Their other site does it (the Store). Hey, whatever works for money for EA.

No, thank you.

Hammie
Nervous Subject

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2010, 05:01:05 pm »

Ohmygod. No. No. No. I wonder how much more they can bork the Sims before it finally just explodes? Sims 4 sounds even worse than Sims 3. rolleyes When they lose all their buyers, hopefully they'll pull the sheet off their heads and recuit some of the Maxis members. I know it's been dismembered and has the studio, but if they ever want my business again, that's what they'll have to do!

I'm currently inactive here, find me over on Garden of Shadows instead.
zombie
Chaavik
Got Blood?
Super Mod

Criminal Mastermind

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2010, 05:20:14 pm »

Sims 4? Uh, Sims 3 JUST came out last year...

I never got to play The Sims Online because they required credit cards at the time when the game debuted. Unfortunately, they rolled out game time cards a tad too late when they were shutting the game down.

I don't know if I want to invest any more money into the Sims franchise because it cost me a bit of money buying all EPs for Sims 1 and all EP/SPs for Sims 2. And now I'm paying for a new EP that's coming out this summer for Sims 3 after owning HELS and WA.

If they get any worse than what they were now, I think Sims 3 will be the last game franchise I will spend money on.

"Humor.. It is a difficult concept.. It is not logical.." - Lt. Saavik, Star Trek: Wrath of Khan
Dancing Squirrels
Don't PM me with demands/requests. Make them here.
Come play Aetolia with us!
alesukm

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2010, 07:30:03 pm »

So we have to buy the game and then pay to play! Thanks but NO! That the main reason that I didn't jump on the W.O.W. bandwagon.
LysAka

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2010, 01:35:10 pm »

It's only a rumor no one can confirm this , so please don't be anxious!! If sims 4 will realeased one day I'll BUY THEM only IN CD !!, not online ! YAY
Paden
Admin

Great cat of NO mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2010, 02:03:48 pm »

We're only stating our reactions should this come to pass; we are fully aware that at this point the whole thing is hypothetical. Roll Eyes

MaryH

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2010, 11:22:07 pm »

And we hope it stays that way.. rolleyes

Stelio Kontos
Resident Reptilian
Loot Looker

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 18, 2010, 08:55:35 am »

If there is substance to these rumors, heads will roll, people will die, and some members of the online community will refuse to play it.
Paden
Admin

Great cat of NO mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 18, 2010, 10:50:50 am »

Well, at least the older and more informed ones will, most likely. We're the ones that have been burnt the worst by EA Games and their "brain waves" in the past and truth to tell, it's not the burnt hand that teaches the best, it's the burnt hind end and man, have they ever scorched us in the a**...

Astraea Nevermore
Doctor Ruin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: April 18, 2010, 01:47:03 pm »

Too soon to say anything, anyway, that's not so impossible that they are working on The Sims 4. As far as I know, they started projecting TS3 in 2004/2005, so very few time after TS2 came out. I always thought that they could have been bringing The Sims in an online version... while at first the thought was kinda cool, now it doesn't really interest me that much. I think it would be nothing more than an online 3D chatting program, like IMVU or, in an extended version, Second Life. I tried both of them and got bored after a while... so, I'm not so sure I would like to see something like this with The Sims. However, there's still a lot of projecting EA has to do before the real Sims 4 comes out, so... time to hope they come out with something really good Grin
Paden
Admin

Great cat of NO mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 18, 2010, 04:16:06 pm »

Don't drain your hope fund while waiting, because so far, they've not come out with much worth a wad of spit in a few years.

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: