Insimenator.org
April 29, 2024, 04:26:24 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Home business issue  (Read 1925 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
MCRVamp

View Profile
« on: April 17, 2010, 04:14:46 pm »

Not sure if this is the right board to post this (if not feel free to move).

My sims started a home business the other day, well everything worked fine, no problems for about 2 days of play..
Today however when I started playing the household it kept throwing a error whenever sims tried to purchase things..

It does this for EVERY customer...

I noticed the business when it was "Small" (rank 1 - 4) everything was fine,
it was when the business earned the rank of I believe 6 or 7 and more customers came to the store that this error occurred.

I have attached the log file it mentioned (I tried looking it over myself) but it just really confused me (I'm pretty much
computer illerate).

Thanks for any help in helping solve this problem.

* ObjectError_N002_t1583558.txt (84.69 KB - downloaded 109 times.)
Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

Currently distracted by Something Shiny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2010, 04:22:03 pm »

Do you have any hacks or mods that goes directly on OFB? If so, have you tried to play without any hacks/mods?
Or did you by any chance have the "boolprop testingCheatsEnabled true" code active?
Could also be the object they're trying to buy.
Didn't see much out of the ordinary in the error file, but I have to admit I'm not an expert on those...

My site:

Little Fire Burning - Chapter 85 out

~Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain~
Engram

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2010, 04:25:18 pm »

I'm not really good at reading error logs but the issue seems to be with the cash register. Is Melanie a customer or one of your controllable sims? Was it a custom downloaded register or one that came with the game? Do you have any hacks that affect the behaviour of cash registers, such as the one that lets sims learn the cash register skill faster? Have you tried running the business for a few sim hours without any downloads to determine if it's caused by downloaded content or game/lot corruption? Basically - what steps have you taken to determine what is causing this and what more can you tell us about what is going on and who is throwing the errors?

Try following the steps here and let us know how you went.

ETA: theraven - the fact that they saw the error message means that debug mode was turned on. Debug mode does not break your game (unless you play around with stuff you don't understand or know what it does). It shows problems that are already present but it does not create problems unless the user stuffs around.

Ell-jay: lots, sims, defaults and other downloads<br />The Thunder God went for a ride upon his favourite filly.<br />\"I\'m Thor!\" he cried, the horse replied<br />\"You forgot your thaddle, thilly!\"
Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

Currently distracted by Something Shiny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2010, 04:44:50 pm »

I just asked because I play with the debug turned on with the seethem hack (not sure if it has all the functions of using the boolprop code), and usually have no problems with error codes randomly popping up. But when I tried to have the hack as startup in one of the globalprops files (I was testing out the "allmenus on" code, which doesn't work with only the seethem hack), everything ran fine for a while, then I suddenly started getting errors without anyone doing anything at all.

My site:

Little Fire Burning - Chapter 85 out

~Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain~
MCRVamp

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2010, 11:43:23 pm »

I feel like such a idiot  Embarrassed

I looked through my mods, I had 12 total for OFB, the issue seemed to be a mod conflict with the "OFB_nothrowingbags".

Problem has been solved, thanks for the help!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: