Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 12:48:39 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Meat Plant: Vegetarian or not?  (Read 16708 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
DaSpecial1
Spamcake in Disguise

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 05, 2010, 05:05:00 am »

Well it's true that the agricultural experiments had an effect.  In the special I watched (PBS some years ago) bugs that ate the improved plants went through changes that the scientists hadn't anticipated causing them to have issues with healthier, more resilient insects that they had to take desperate measures to eradicate to avoid them mixing with "normal" insects.

My first thought at the time though was how this experimentation breaks several religions (sacred beliefs) about not having anything to do with pigs.   The study had a lot of information that goes along the lines of what you're talking about i.e., man vs nature and the possible consequences.

Sims by Dasi:

Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

Currently distracted by Something Shiny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: May 05, 2010, 05:26:23 am »

We're making superbugs by trying to make them go away. We're making food that might be a danger to our health by trying to make more healthy food. We're doing all kinds of stuff that will sooner or later prove harmful to ourselves. We're probably creating our own allergies, too. I don't think the earliest humans had pollen allergy. That's something that has come more recently. Cancer is a huge problem too, and we know a lot of the reasons which are most likely our own fault.

Human nature - oh, my.

I have a feeling evolution decided to go backwards somewhere along the line. We're making ourself more stupid, harming ourselves, while trying to ignore it all in the process.

My site:

Little Fire Burning - Chapter 85 out

~Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain~
zammy

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 18, 2010, 07:23:44 pm »

I agree with you wholeheartedly. It's the reason I'd rather be around animals than people. As you said, this race is going to cause the demise of not only our own, but the entire planet. And I don't know if you mentioned overpopulation or not, but that's part of it too. Too many people, and not enough resources to take care of all of us, so we need to make more and more, faster, thus causing what you have mentioned...

My Sims (2) Blog: The Sims in Wonderland
Paden
Admin

Great cat of NO mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 19, 2010, 09:45:12 pm »

That is why there is such a thing as birth control, but as we've all seen from the Dugger family, not everyone believes in taking it easy upon the finite resources this planet has to offer... Then again, there are those that Darwin out, but I wish some of them had done it before breeding and passing the stupid gene onto their offspring.

I'm not a button, so DO NOT PUSH ME.
zammy

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 19, 2010, 10:53:53 pm »

My thoughts exactly. I've been saying that someone should slip some birth control into Michelle's water or SOMETHING.... and her kids, too. Say they each have huge families. That could be 400 grandchildren  shocked That many people are unneeded.

And Darwinism is the source of much of my darker amusement. The Darwin awards are just hilarious. It's amazing how incredibly dim some people can be and I'm ashamed to be of the same species....

My Sims (2) Blog: The Sims in Wonderland
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: