Insimenator.org
April 29, 2024, 08:31:31 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Does a run errands option exsit for sims?  (Read 4271 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
tiz-me-tilli

View Profile
« on: May 05, 2010, 12:33:35 pm »

When you have a roommate in Apartment Life they walk off after awhile and go into town to run errands.
What I am looking for is option like 'take a spin' in the car but clicking on your sim on a run errands option so they walk off into town for abit.

Does this already exsit? Should I post it in the Reqests area? You tell me!

Oh and please be gentle with the newbie.
ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2010, 01:22:20 pm »

I'm assuming you want a mod that will take a sim off the home lot so the partner can have a little fun.  Take a look at syberspunk's Community Time Project on MATY.
tiz-me-tilli

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2010, 02:45:59 am »

I've had a look at the MATY site, it's kind of what I meant, I was hoping for something abit simpler.

Big red warning signs give me the heebiegeebies, I don't want to jeapardize my lovely simmies.

Ok then is there a 'take a hike' option enabler so you don't have to do the nature hobby thing to get it?

Thank you for your help and patience it is much appreciated.
ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2010, 03:20:54 am »

I've been using the CTP mod for several years now, to include since AL, then M&G were released.  I've never lost a sim, lot, or neighborhood because of it.  Three's nothing to configure.  Just put the mod in and play your game.  As your sim is returning to the home lot, a couple information boxes pop up to say how long the sim was gone and the expected time of return.  It doesn't work on Uni lots because of the difference in the time, and it doesn't work with CJH's Hospital mod, but other than those two instances it works like a charm for those romance sims trying to avoid being caught.

I will keep my eye out for hiking or jogging mods for everyone, and as I type that it sounds like something Squinge would do.  If you haven't checked his mods here on Insim it couldn't hurt.
tiz-me-tilli

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2010, 02:50:15 am »

Thank you!

I'll put my trust in your superior knowledge/experience and give it a go.
Chaavik
Got Blood?
Super Mod

Criminal Mastermind

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2010, 10:49:46 am »

Squinge's jogging mod still works. I use it with my game setup, and my latest install is Mansion&Garden.

At least this jogging mod will take the Sim off the lot for about a Sim hour:

Jogging For Everybody

I thought there was another mod to take a Sim off the lot to go hiking, but I don't seem to find it. That one will take about a Sim hour.

I was going to install CTP, but I use CJH's Hospital pack although I thought he made the hospital pack work with CTP.

"Humor.. It is a difficult concept.. It is not logical.." - Lt. Saavik, Star Trek: Wrath of Khan
Dancing Squirrels
Don't PM me with demands/requests. Make them here.
Come play Aetolia with us!
ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2010, 11:25:56 am »

Chaavik, I use them both.  There is no delay from the hospital in returning home, but other than that I've had no problems with both.  I don't see any where that CJH updated CTP to work with Hospitals.  It is something I plan on looking into though once I get back into a modding mood.
Chaavik
Got Blood?
Super Mod

Criminal Mastermind

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2010, 06:10:03 pm »

What's the load order for them?

I can't think of other activities that would take a Sim off the lot for a period of time other than hiking, jogging and walking pets.

"Humor.. It is a difficult concept.. It is not logical.." - Lt. Saavik, Star Trek: Wrath of Khan
Dancing Squirrels
ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2010, 07:09:59 pm »

I'm not showing any conflicting behaviors, so I think load order is immaterial.  CTP is in the Mods\CBOY folder, Hospitals currently in Mods\Test\Hospital.
Chaavik
Got Blood?
Super Mod

Criminal Mastermind

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2010, 09:08:13 pm »

All right. Thank you for the comment on CTP. If I find anything else that will take a Sim off the lot, I will mention it here at a later time.

Dancing Squirrels
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: