Insimenator.org
April 27, 2024, 03:12:04 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
  Print  
Author Topic: My game crashes, please help!  (Read 13303 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: May 16, 2010, 03:17:26 pm »

You can have a corrupted file in your game sitting stealthily in your game with no ill effects and then 'poof', run your game and it decides to make your game have seizure. Also, a file that was fine one day can become corrupt the next time you run your game. It's the volatile nature of data.

At this point, the best thing to do is use the 50/50 method in the files you have issues with.

Everybody should believe something.
I believe I'll have more coffee.
MrRainDrop

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 17, 2010, 07:06:18 am »

try checking yor graphic driver if nothing wrong... you have to dwnload the crack
Kristof

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 17, 2010, 07:11:55 am »

ok so I put there all my downloads without folder #3. it was PERFECT!
then I seperated folder 3 into 2 other folders, 50 % in part 1 and the other half in part 2 folder. I loaded my game with part 1, it crashed. after I loaded it with part 2, and it crashed too.
so both part of the folder crashed my game.

how to continue, what do you think?
I'm trying to find the bad file.
EKozski

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: May 17, 2010, 07:17:09 am »

Sounds like you have more than one bad file.

It's happened to me before. I had three bad files. You'll have to keep seperating them into halves until you find them. At least it won't take you so long.....

The Sims 3.........NO!
 Resident Creator at ColorSims
Kristof

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 17, 2010, 08:03:37 am »

Yes, I'm doing this right now.
Thanks Ed Smiley
Kristof

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 17, 2010, 09:15:47 am »

I think I found one of the bad files.
Part 2 folder of the folder 3 (thuh.. a bit complicated) doesn't crashes anymore in the deco - misc section Smiley
Kristof

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 17, 2010, 12:38:36 pm »

When I put only folder 3 in the downloads folder, it runs perfectly.
I tried loading my game with ALL the CC, and it crashed. Any ideas?  huh
gazania
Site Santa!

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 17, 2010, 12:54:33 pm »

Didn't you say you had a crash in Folder 5? What happened with that?

You might also have what I call a "sleeper conflict". I just had a crash situation like that. I hadn't downloaded ANYTHING in the last few months except a few clothes. I hadn't played the game for a few months, either.

It turned out in my case that I had two conflicting files that independently worked fine, but if I put them both on the same lot, they crashed. Now I was lucky. I thought long and hard about what I did recently, and realized that I had put the two modded objects together in one household for the first time ever. I simply deactivated the old one using the Clean Installer, and there were no more crashes. As soon as I actually have time, I'll check all my lots in all my neighborhoods and make sure that the older modded object is gone off all lots (it should disappear completely, but I need to make sure, using several lots to check); this time, deactivating the new modded object. I will probably then delete the older object for good.

Downloads can be a tricky thing. Sad
Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

Currently distracted by Something Shiny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: May 17, 2010, 12:58:59 pm »

Something conflicts with something else. Or you just have too much CC in at once... The game has to generate thumbnails for everything, and sometimes if you've got a lot of downloads it's too much to handle for the memory, and you get a memory crash.
One way to figure out if that's the problem, is to put in the folders one by one, click and place every object, and use all items in CAS, so that the game generates thumbnails for them. If it still crashes, then it's not the thumbnails.

My own XP laptop (512mb of memory) spent ages (about 1-1.5 hours) loading if I had more than 9GB of downloads. It didn't crash so much, but computers tend to be different...

Did you try to check all the hacks/mods together, by the way? Could be some are not compatible with each other, or not compatible with your EP/SPs.

My site:

Little Fire Burning - Chapter 85 out

~Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain~
Kristof

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 17, 2010, 01:11:51 pm »

Didn't you say you had a crash in Folder 5? What happened with that?

Yes, I loaded my game only with folder 5, and it was fine.
I'm loading it now with folder 1, 2 and 3. I have to play with the folders to see which are the bad ones.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2010, 01:43:09 pm by Kristof » Logged
Kristof

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 17, 2010, 02:02:16 pm »

It works perfect with folder 1, 2 and 3 in the downloads folder.
I'm trying to put there folder 4, so it will load with 4 folders.
Will see.
Kristof

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 18, 2010, 02:30:36 pm »

here are the news, I put there folder 5 + 1 other folder

folder 5 + folder 1 = OK
folder 5 + folder 2 = OK
folder 5 + folder 3 = OK
folder 5 + folder 4 = OK
folder 1 + 2 + 3 + 4 + 5 = CRASH

I removed some stuff from folder 5, I'm loading the game without them. From the 600 MB of folder 5, I left there 400 MB, and I removed the rest 200 MB.
EKozski

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: May 18, 2010, 03:53:25 pm »

You've got a conflict in one or more of those folders.

Try different combinations with those folders. Hopefully that will narrow it down more.

The Sims 3.........NO!
 Resident Creator at ColorSims
gazania
Site Santa!

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 19, 2010, 12:14:48 am »

Are there any modded objects in Folder 5? Ones that regulate or encourage certain actions, such as a special sofa or bed? That might be a place to focus. This may NOT be the cause, but you might want to be particularly aware of these objects. They can cause a lot of trouble! In my case, it was a modded bed. It clashed with another modded object in another folder.

So ... 1, 2, 3 and 4 work OK without 5? I hope so ... your job would be easier then. Right now, though this is far from certain, it looks like certain items in Folders 3 and 5 might not be cooperating with each other, which is similar to what happened to me several months back. If folders 1 through 4 work fine without 5, then you would probably have to do the 50/50 with 5. Continue working with 5 with the other four folders in the game until you can narrow down the trouble item in 5.  Note which item it is and remove it to another part of your desktop or My Documents temporarily before deleting it. Then try the game without the item.

You might also want to try Folder 3 again with that one trouble file and narrow down which item was the troublemaker in that one, if you want to know what item in 3 had been giving you heartburn. It might be in that second half of 3. Then you might have to choose whether you want the Folder 5 item or the Folder 3 item, for instance. It doesn't look like you can have both. If the item in 5 wasn't important, I suppose you can skip this step.

Occasionally, you can look at the comments for that trouble item in 5 on the download site. If you go the item from here or Mod The Sims 2, for example,  you might find what happened if you read the comments. That's how I found out about one clashing item. If you're really lucky, the creator might have already known about the conflict and has a brand-new file for you to try. Make sure you have the right expansions/stuff packs for it.

It might not seem like this, but you are narrowing things down. Smiley
« Last Edit: May 19, 2010, 12:31:46 am by gazania » Logged
Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

Currently distracted by Something Shiny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #44 on: May 19, 2010, 03:48:51 am »

If you have mods/hacks/modded objects in multiple folders, then test these on their own.

Also, did you try the thumbnail thing?

My site:

Little Fire Burning - Chapter 85 out

~Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain~
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
  Print  

Jump to: