Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 02:21:03 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: New PC coming next week  (Read 2693 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
HappyThoughts
Lump of Clay

Fear me I'm 5'3" ooga booga booga

View Profile WWW
« on: May 05, 2010, 10:38:20 pm »

Ok here's the scoop, I am currently awaiting a deliverry of a new pc, here are the new spec.'s.  *again I am not trying to brag, I didn't pick this out for myself, my husband did  
ok here's my stupid question, and I'm fully aware the probabilities of recieving stupid answers.  I have all stuff's packs and expansions for sims2 (no want or curiousity towards ts3) and presently have downloaded somewhere around 8gig's of cc awaiting the new pc's arrival (only half of which I have already tested on my husbands old pc) aside from the obvious of how do i keep it organized because thats a headache inside itself, will I ever have to worry about having too much cc with these specifications.  My husband claims I won't have to worry.  Any criticism, advice, insight would help me understand what I should expect and due to keep my game running smoothly.

HAPPYTHOUGHTS NEW PC SPECS

CPU: Intel® Core™ i7-930 2.80 GHz 8M Intel Smart Cache LGA1366
FAN: Asetek 510LC Liquid Cooling System 120MM Radiator & Fan (Enhanced Cooling Performance + Extreme Silent at 20dBA)
HDD: 1TB SATA-II 3.0Gb/s 16MB Cache 7200RPM HDD (Single Hard Drive)
MULTIVIEW: Xtreme Performance in SLI/CrossFireX Gaming Mode Supports Single Monitor
SMOTHERBOARD: * Asus P6T SE Intel X58 Chipset CrossFireX Mainboard Triple-Channel DDR3/1600 ATA RAID w/ eSATA
MEMORY: 6GB (2GBx3) DDR3/1600MHz Triple Channel Memory Module (Corsair or Major Brand)
OS: Microsoft® Windows® 7 Professional [+31] (64-bit Edition)
POWERSUPPLY: 1100 Watts Power Supplies [+94] (CyberPower Gaming Power Supply SLI/CrossFireX Ready)
VIDEO: ATI Radeon HD 5450 1GB DDR2 16X PCIe Video Card [DirectX yberPower 11 Support] [-52] (Major Brand Powered by ATI)
« Last Edit: May 05, 2010, 10:50:50 pm by caffeinated.joy » Logged

caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2010, 10:56:36 pm »

I've removed your attached file and posted your specs directly in the body of your post. We have attachments enabled in this section because, from time to time, it's necessary for people to share the contents of an error log. They contain a huge amount of data that is useful for only a few people and a downright nuisance for everyone else to scroll through. Error logs are the only files we allow to be attached in this section, as it states in this post right here (in which I admittedly added a clarifying sentence to). Wink

Now, your computer looks like it will run your game just fine. That looks like a nice machine!  Smiley Congrats!

Everybody should believe something.
I believe I'll have more coffee.
Prudensh

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2010, 03:48:42 am »

Nice, but the Radeon HD 5450 is not a gaming card. http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/radeon-hd-5450,2549-13.html
ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2010, 05:21:24 am »

While it's not a gaming card capable of supporting MMORPGs and FPSs, it should handle TS2 just fine.
HappyThoughts
Lump of Clay

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2010, 03:20:32 pm »

are you kidding me about the card??? now let me check and make sure I didnt copy paste the info/#'s down right (also caffeinated.joy-I tried to type it all into the page but for some odd reason it kept acting like I had ran out of space, so sorry yet again)  ok I rechecked the spec.s it would seem either my husband is trying to pull a fast one on me cuz his new pc is ordered with >>
VIDEO: ATI Radeon HD 5570 1GB DDR3 16X PCIe Video Card [DirectX 11 Support] [-29] (Major Brand Powered by ATI)
which is what I SHOULD have had on my order.  Hopefully this is a mistake on his end and not something he was hoping I wouldnt notice.  Thank you for the feedback or I may never have noticed.  Ok I just researched the card he bought me, it would seem he wants me to throw him out of the house.  thanks for the heads up.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2010, 03:53:21 pm by HappyThoughts » Logged

caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2010, 04:35:29 pm »

HappyThoughts, it really depends upon what you want to do with your computer and what performance you want out of it. If you're looking for a good video card to play a lot graphically demanding MMORPGs  and such, then you probably won't be happy. If you're looking for something to just play the Sims and similar games, you should be fine.

Everybody should believe something.
I believe I'll have more coffee.
HappyThoughts
Lump of Clay

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2010, 05:03:42 pm »

Ok final update on the 'new pc' debacle. (I love that word)  It would seem neither of our newly orderred pc's have a graphics card worth a dime.  Meaning for the games we play and have just recently purchased.  I continued to research whats the best bang for our buck and was happy to settle for the cheaper ati radeon 5770.  Once my husband started researching (we were up till 6 looking thru these cards lol) He wasn't satisfied with that either, and orderred the 5850, a bit of an overkill in my opinion for the price.  I'll be using his duel 5570's until we can afford to pick up a second one.  I don't even begin to pretend I know a fraction about pc's and their components, so I'm just going to be Happy like my name implies and be grateful for having a pc , one out my now 3 that wont make beeping sounds or scream and shutoff on its own.  Thanks for everyone's help, and caffeinated.joy for her patience, I really don't try to be troublesome it just kinda happens naturally for me.  
« Last Edit: May 07, 2010, 02:42:07 pm by HappyThoughts » Logged

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: