Insimenator.org
April 24, 2024, 02:13:45 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: WCIF these  (Read 3141 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
liverbird

View Profile
« on: May 06, 2010, 11:56:17 am »

WCIF replacement landlords/landladies as the ones in game are all old when you do have young landlords/ladies in real life..  thanks in advance I have all exp & fun packs

Signature images may not be larger than 250 x 50. Keep them restricted to this size or smaller.
Prudensh

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2010, 08:13:16 pm »

I have successfully used the *mod that dares not speak its name* to age NPCs, townies etc down. (and up) As everyone says Simblender can do everything that aformentioned unsupported mod can do, you can probably use Simblender to do this too.
liverbird

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2010, 05:33:03 am »

Ok thanks so I just take control of the landlord/lady & change there age to adult rather than elder...

Signature images may not be larger than 250 x 50. Keep them restricted to this size or smaller.
Carlwashere
Irrationally Optimistic
Site Santa!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2010, 06:24:46 am »

That should do it.
I did the same thing with the head witches and a couple college professors. (Making them teens)  Grin
Avoid messing with the special npcs, just throwing that out there.  tongue

I need more freetime.
liverbird

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2010, 06:41:07 am »

Do you mean the freetime hobby people

Prudensh

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2010, 09:50:03 am »

I don't know about the hobby people as I don't have Freetime but I think Carlwashere probably means don't mess with the specials such as the Grim Reaper,  Social Workers or Repo Men for example. Those NPCs have their own preprogrammed actions and if you interfere with them the game goes into an infinite loop and the only way out is ctrl-alt-delete....if you're lucky.  Evil
liverbird

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2010, 11:36:04 am »

Ok thanks but its safe to alter the landlord/lady though

Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

Currently distracted by Something Shiny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2010, 12:16:05 pm »

If you're using Insim (unsupported) or SimBlender, then I think you can alter a sim without making the sim selectable. Aging them from elder to adult shouldn't be a huge problem, but you can get troubles if you make them younger than that. Some NPCs will show up weird (face gone, hair gone... that sort of things) or turn buggy if you alter them.

I don't mess around with the NPCs too much, so I don't have a clue which are safe to alter.

My site:

Little Fire Burning - Chapter 85 out

~Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain~
liverbird

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2010, 02:17:50 pm »

Ok thanks for all the helps..

Carlwashere
Irrationally Optimistic
Site Santa!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2010, 04:38:33 pm »

Yeah, that's what I meant by special NPCs. The hobby enthusiasts are fine to mess with. I do mess around quite a bit with those sims.
I haven't had any noticeable effects by making my NPCS younger than adult, I made college professors and head witches teens (as I said earlier) and they do everything they're supposed too. And nothing more. I haven't tried any other types of NPCs, but for the record, those NPCs seem fine. If I remember right, some of my landlords are adults already.
Anyway back on topic, changing the age of the landlord/lady should be fine.

I need more freetime.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: