Insimenator.org
April 28, 2024, 05:33:46 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Need help getting mods and CC to work (Solved)  (Read 2420 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Cindra
California Girl

Fun, Fresh, Fierce!!

View Profile
« on: May 12, 2010, 06:32:45 pm »

Ok to make a long story short, I got a new computer today and had to reinstall everything. I've been playing this game since it came out and I'm very experienced on downloading mods and CC. I have all the proper programs installed and followed all the tutorials (again) and I can't get anything to work. No mods, no CC, no recolors, nothing is showing up or working. I'm puzzled now because last time I had to do this, it worked just fine. Please if anybody knows of anything else I can do let me know. Thanks in advance as always.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2010, 08:30:40 pm by Cindra » Logged
ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2010, 06:37:15 pm »

With a new computer, you probably have Windows 7.  When you look under Libraries\Documents, you most likely have 2 "The Sims 2" folders.  One is in your private Documents, the other in your Public Documents.  Make sure you use the private documents folders.
Katie
0BretttterB0

<3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2010, 06:58:51 pm »

Mine had two in the only documents folder I had.... it's tricky picking out which one is the correct one, that's why my CC was screwy at first Wink

Find me on moonlight <3
Cindra
California Girl

Fun, Fresh, Fierce!!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2010, 07:08:55 pm »

Thanks for your help everybody. Ancienthighway I actually just have Windows XP. It's not a brand new computer just a new computer to me, but had nothing on it. So my Sims 2 game and EP's/SP's was last priority. I think I might have figured out my problem, but I'm not very computer savvy. So if I have my sims 2 game file still in my Documents/Downloads folder, would that mess up my Documents/EA games/Sims 2 aswell? I was thinking that was most likely the culprit, but wasn't sure. Again thanks for all your help. I really appreciate it.

EDIT: Ok so that didn't help either, still nothing. huh
« Last Edit: May 12, 2010, 07:19:59 pm by Cindra » Logged
ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2010, 07:19:53 pm »

The data files, the ones that save your game, will be in My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2.  This is were the game will look for them.  My Documents is normally on the C: drive.  So the dowloads, mods and CC, should be in My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads.  And, of course, you want to enable CC and restart the game.
Cindra
California Girl

Fun, Fresh, Fierce!!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2010, 08:02:51 pm »

Well I've gotten body shop content to show up. My hacks are still not working, and my objects are still not appearing. I've installed CEP and still nothing. This is so frustrating. If you can think of anything else please inform me. Thanks for your help everybody. Smiley

EDIT: Ok everything works now. After restarting my game several times my objects appeared and hacks started working properly. Sorry for being a nuisance and thank you all for your time and help. I really appreciate it. Now the fun part, finding everything I lost. Wish me luck lol Smiley
« Last Edit: May 12, 2010, 08:29:57 pm by Cindra » Logged
SimGirl20
Serial Downloader

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2010, 06:19:39 am »

^I cringe to think about getting all my downloads back, if I ever loose them again. I have dial-up so you can understand my frustration. I was so upset last June when I lost over 3 GB of downloads by stupidly overwritting my downloads folder with another downloads folder that belonged to The Sims Life Stories game that accidentally got put on my desktop. I had to re-build everything from the ground up, houses, families, bodyshop projects. you name it, I lost it. Headwall I hope nothing like that ever happens again. I was smart this time round' though, I bought a flash-drive so that I can backup all my downloads on it should anything go awry. Wink
Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

Currently distracted by Something Shiny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2010, 06:41:55 am »

Maybe this might help Smiley

My site:

Little Fire Burning - Chapter 85 out

~Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain~
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: