Insimenator.org
March 29, 2024, 02:14:40 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Game Unloading  (Read 4484 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Glamily
A Tad Bit Glittery

I used to be as mad as a hatter

View Profile
« on: May 12, 2010, 03:49:45 am »

I only have the base game and I have Insim and a few other hacks, mainly from Squinge.
I only get things from here and GOS and rarely go to any other site unless I'm after something that someone else has tested before me and has said its fine.

One teensy problem though.. My game refuses to load.
It gets almost completly done then stops and doesn't move at all. I once left it for 7 & 1/2 hours while at work and it did nothing.

I'm pretty sure I know what the problem is but I don't wanna uninstall my game cause I like the sims I made in bodyshop and I'm too lazy to package them again.

I'm almost certain that its cyclonesues houses from here on the booty: ts2/tsr/cyclonesue/industrial_age/
The only ones I got were aston breweries, corporation street, drummond wells and pipehill waterworks.

My question is, how do I get rid of the houses without deleting all my CC? And if I can, would I be correct in saying that the ones to delete are in the LotCatalog folder in the Ea Games/The Sims 2 in My Documents?

Please help me. I really miss my sims.

No more hiding
Don't be afraid of what's inside
Anytime anybody pulls you down
Anytime anybody says you're not allowed
Just remember you are not alone
caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2010, 04:08:18 am »

It could be one of your cache files is corrupt. That can cause issues with your game loading. Before trying to remove a house (I don't install custom houses, so I can't help you there), try going into Document/EA Games/The Sims 2 and delete your cigen.package, groups.cache, accessory.cache and ContentRegistry. Don't worry if you don't have one of those files present, just delete what you have. The game will regenerate fresh, clean copies when you reload the game, so it might take a bit longer to load than normal.

Everybody should believe something.
I believe I'll have more coffee.
Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

Currently distracted by Something Shiny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2010, 04:19:36 am »

I believe there is a delete button for downloaded houses inside the bin. Just delete the house from the lot bin. Then the house should be gone. I don't think it deletes any downloads, since these usually end up in your Downloads folder.

My site:

Little Fire Burning - Chapter 85 out

~Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain~
Glamily
A Tad Bit Glittery

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2010, 06:25:51 am »

I don't understand raven. Do you mean in the game? Cause my game doesn't open.. And I don't know what other bin there is outside the game.

No more hiding
Carlwashere
Irrationally Optimistic
Site Santa!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2010, 06:35:33 am »

Instead of loading the game with CC the first run, why don't you move your downloads folder out and see if it loads with nothing, that way we can check if it's a cc problem or not. I can't really help you with downloaded lots other than looking through the "date modified" dates to delete everything from that day.

I need more freetime.
Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

Currently distracted by Something Shiny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2010, 07:03:18 am »

^ exactly. If that works, you can delete the lots (or not), and try with CC afterward.

But first try to delete the cache files. Usually helps me Wink

My site:

Little Fire Burning - Chapter 85 out

~Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain~
Glamily
A Tad Bit Glittery

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2010, 07:05:04 am »

It works without any CC just fine. And it worked normally until I got those four lots. Cause I tested it the night before I got them, then downloaded them and haven't got anything since.

And that program Carlie? It can't find any lots.. anywhere at all.

Edit: I'll have to trying loading after deleting those files again tomorrow night. I deleted them fine but just don't have time tonight. My bedtimes in about five/ten minutes.

No more hiding
SimGirl20
Serial Downloader

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2010, 03:21:31 pm »

Have you tried Clean Installer? http://sims2pack.modthesims2.com/index.php?page=3 (first one) I use that program to scan through my downloads folder to delete and disable content that is a threat to my game that is unwittingly added to my game through lots and such. If you are sure its those 3 lots corrupting your game then perhaps CI will pick up the lots name. If it does just right-click and delete package. Also try deleting your cache, accessory, groups and cigen files as the others suggested. Those files if they get too large can cause a number of problems so its always good to delete them after they reach about 4,000 KB. What is the program Carlie you mentioned? I've never heard of such, and would really reccomend Clean Installer. I hope this helps and you get your game working again. P.S. TSR is EVIL, stay away from their lots. Seriously.. I downloaded a lot by Ervinge Lavine (or whatever the heck her name is) and after installing it, NONE of my objects whether it be custom or game-based had recolor options! huh So yeah, TSR is Bad Bad Bad.
Glamily
A Tad Bit Glittery

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2010, 05:06:25 pm »

I don't know what to look for with the Clean Installer.

And that program? Was called Download Organiser, I got it off MTS from a link from Carliekins.

No more hiding
MaryH

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2010, 08:34:32 pm »

If you run the Download organizer, you can point it to the lot bin, and it will read the lots that you have in the bin.
You might not be able delete them right out of the bin with Organizer, and it won't show pictures of it, but if you note the DATE that you installed it, you can go back into the files of the game lot bin and delete them from there. (I've done this before, and no ill-effects to my game.)
I know this sounds complicated, and usually I wouldn't suggest it-but it sounds like those lots are taking over your game, and the only way I can think of to get rid of them is to remove them from outside the game.

Plus delete your group cache file, and your thumbnail files inside the thumbnail folder as well.

Glamily
A Tad Bit Glittery

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2010, 03:10:49 am »

Sounds like a plan.. I'll try that..

No more hiding
caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 13, 2010, 04:02:53 am »

It could be one of your cache files is corrupt. That can cause issues with your game loading. Before trying to remove a house (I don't install custom houses, so I can't help you there), try going into Document/EA Games/The Sims 2 and delete your cigen.package, groups.cache, accessory.cache and ContentRegistry. Don't worry if you don't have one of those files present, just delete what you have. The game will regenerate fresh, clean copies when you reload the game, so it might take a bit longer to load than normal.

Have you tried deleting these files?

Glamily
A Tad Bit Glittery

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 13, 2010, 05:38:17 am »

I have. I just haven't had time to load my game yet.

Also, I can't find it at all using both the Clean Installer and Download Organiser.

No more hiding
SimGirl20
Serial Downloader

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 13, 2010, 06:07:28 am »

What can't you find? The lots? Any of the files such as houses or sims in CI, look like bubbles with sim-like images on a stand. If you know the name of the lots just download and open Clean Installer on your desktop click the drop down box for downloads on the main interface, and let it completley load and just go through and search for the said lots. All downloads should be labled alphabetically ordered, so it shouldn't be too hard to find them.
caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 13, 2010, 11:36:01 am »

Well, before trying to hunt down the houses, I would try loading your game first to see if deleting those files helped. As I mentioned, give it some time to work, because your game has to regenerate your files. Smiley

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: