Insimenator.org
April 29, 2024, 09:48:48 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Poll
Question: I need help with downloading material into my sims 2 games
sims 2 extraction - 0 (0%)
downloads - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 0

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Hi I'm sungoddess!  (Read 1326 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
sungoddess

View Profile
« on: May 12, 2010, 10:23:55 pm »

I downloaded the winrar program, which is one of the best for extracting files. I go to modsims 2 sites and some of the downloads work, some of them don't. I've been trying to figure this out for two years now. It's bad bec my movies would be the bomb with them!

the dance animation hack, and the modeling poses hack both work in my game. But when I try to download food, clothes, wallpaper, furniture etc it won't show up in  my game! But some of the cars show up (like the toilet car. lol)

Can someone who is pretty knowledgable at this sims 2 movie stuff help me? I don't know if I am doing something wrong; maybe i didn't get the right extraction program, or not unpacking the files correctly. Thank you!

By the way I'm new here. So hello everyone!!!

sungoddess
caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2010, 11:01:37 pm »

Welcome to the site! We have a lot of fun and helpful people here.

First though, I need to ask you to avoid posting polls that don't serve a purpose. Second, the best place to get help with your game is the Sims 2 Help section, so I'm going to move this post there. The people who can help you will see it there better than they would here. Now I have a bit of checklist for you.

When you download custom content, are you making sure to get the meshes you need? Many custom clothes will need the mesh in order for them to show up. You could also be downloading things needing an EP or SP you don't have.

Some objects need you to have the CEP (Color Enabler Package) for them show up in your game. You can find it here.

Are you extracting the files to you My Documents/EA Games/The Sims 2/Downloads? And is you Downloads file spelled exactly as I have it here? Any deviation can cause problems with items not showing up.

When you find custom content, it will be in one of two file types. The most common on is the .package file, which will go straight into your Downloads folder and the other is a sims2pack file, which does not go into your Downloads folder. The sims2pack files are self extracting files, so when you see them in a compressed file, just double click them. If you take a look at the contents of your Downloads folder and see any there, you'll need to pull them out and do the double click.

May I suggest you get the Clean Installer? It's a great tool to have and is much better to use to install your sims2pack than the default installer. If you downloads sims or houses (which are sims2pack files) but don't want all the content, Clean Installer will let you pick and choose what you want to put in your game. It will also let you catch any hacks that may have been accidentally packaged with a house (which happens from time to time). Hacks show up highlighted in red. As well, it will let you organize your downloads folder. Wink

Everybody should believe something.
I believe I'll have more coffee.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: