Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 06:02:00 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Virus with biotec station?  (Read 4269 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

Currently distracted by Something Shiny

View Profile WWW
« on: May 14, 2010, 12:57:35 pm »

With the biotec station (science career reward) you're supposed to be able to make viruses which causes disease. I've managed to let a sim make viruses (with 8 logic points), but I can't do anything with it, besides let the sim remove it. I looked through this guide thing, but it doesn't say much. This says low logic/low needs, but I've already tried that.

I've done shift-clicking on the virus vials, which brings up the option "sell illegally". When the sim tries to put the vial in the inventory (pocket), a burglar shows up to buy it, but then a jump bug occurs, and the burglar walks away again.

So I was just wondering, have anyone been able to do something with the virus option? I'm just curious.  Undecided
« Last Edit: May 14, 2010, 01:25:17 pm by theraven » Logged

My site:

Little Fire Burning - Chapter 85 out

~Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain~
Prudensh

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2010, 05:07:08 pm »

I thought you could only use it to make potions to cure disease? Although it's years since I've tried as the object doesn't really suit the current decorating theme of any of my Sims' houses.  Wink
Found a guide that may be useful here: http://forums.electronicarts.co.uk/sims-2/280683-career-rewards.html#post4613653
(It also says " If no one in your household is ill, then the get or give medicine interactions will not be available.")
Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2010, 05:10:27 pm »

I did try to leave the virus thing standing on the biotec station. Suddenly the sims started to get messages they had a "mysterious disease". Maybe that's it...
Not too exciting, though...  Undecided

And I did have a child using the station on his own. So the guide isn't entirely trustable... And the only times I got the virus was by actually making one (over 8 in logic skills). With low logic and low motives, the sims either didn't want to use the station, or made blue vials that weren't viruses OR medicine (just option to "clean up").
« Last Edit: May 15, 2010, 05:18:53 pm by theraven » Logged

My site:

~Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain~
Prudensh

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2010, 05:26:03 pm »

I might stick it in a Science sims garage and have a play around with it tonight. At least it seems potentially more interesting than the The Gootentaugen Award for Excellence in Journalism. What a useless reward object that is...

Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2010, 05:32:04 pm »

I mostly use the medical station (for the anims)... and that's it. The others I just play around with when I feel like doing so. Then again, I mostly do photoshoots and object testing, so I don't play families that much.

My site:

Prudensh

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2010, 02:54:31 am »

I did try to leave the virus thing standing on the biotec station. Suddenly the sims started to get messages they had a "mysterious disease". Maybe that's it...
Not too exciting, though...  Undecided

Same. One of my most accomplished Science Sims then made a whole bunch of medicine, and then I used the Insimenator* to give Malcolm Landgraab the flu, and he drank one of the medicines and instantly became well. Which was equally as exciting. YAY

*unsupported
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: