Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 08:09:47 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Posebox questions  (Read 10197 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
carenmrose

View Profile WWW
« on: May 19, 2010, 11:16:00 am »

I'm still pretty new to creating poseboxes and BHAV editing ...

The tutorial I used for my last box was by sim_man123 at TSR (yes, I know, TSR, but for some reason no matter how many times I tried Jasumi's tut, I couldn't get it to work.)

So I have a working box, but it plays the animation without looping and it can't be canceled via the queue.  It has to play the full 15 seconds and then stops.  Tongue  This is perfectly fine for people with AL who can use the freezer clock, but for those without (like me) it's annoying if it takes any more than 15 seconds to set up the other sims in the shot ... and if you accidentally clicked the *wrong* pose, you have to wait for it to finish, etc ...

So I would like, well, the opposite of that.  An animation that loops indefinitely but that can be canceled with the queue (not with start/stop options).

Is this possible (I don't see why it shouldn't be) and if so, does anyone know how to do it?

Check out my website
and my story "Picking Up the Pieces"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

Currently distracted by Something Shiny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2010, 11:23:48 am »

I know it should be possible in theory, as JD and Aikea managed this (the ingame poseboxes and paintings), and I know I also have other poseboxes with cancellable actions...

My site:

Little Fire Burning - Chapter 85 out

~Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain~
Sim_God

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2010, 01:18:29 am »

I have a problem too.

When making poses in milkshape, the poses looked fine.

But in game, the poses made the hair looked like this :

is there any suggestion on how to fix this ? Sad

thx.

Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, Love leaves a memory no one can steal
Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2010, 01:54:05 am »

Maybe you forgot those particular bones? Some hairs are animated, and hairs have three or four bones.

My site:

~Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain~
Sim_God

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2010, 04:07:44 am »

ehm...which particular bones exactly  huh

cause in Milkshape, the hair looked perfectly fine

and not just this hair, all the hairs including maxis ones, are like that when I tried to use the pose  Sad

Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2010, 05:07:28 am »

I'm far from an expert on this, I have to say that right away. But you see the five bones inside the head? The middle one is the head itself, the others are hair bones, for hair anims. I think they're linked to the head bone (moves when the head bone moves), but it's possible they might cause trouble when making poses. And several of the maxis hairs are animated in some way.

My site:

Tenshii~Akari
(~TA12~)
Super Mod

(~* Go Pink: Find the Cure *~)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2010, 05:11:58 am »

The bones near the head look kind of strange... I don't use Milkshape to be honest, but in Blender3D, the l_hair, r_hair, f_hair, and  b_hair bones are normally straight across respectfully to each other (just like a 4-way intersection).  In your shot above, all four of those bones seem to be angled upward.  Any hair that uses those particular hair animation groups will angle up just like in your trouble-shot.  I'm guessing if you were to put those bones back in position, the problem may go away.Wink

Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2010, 05:15:18 am »

I think they do angle up that way in Milkshape. But it is possible you accidentally moved them around. Remember to only move the head bone when posing the head.

My site:

Sim_God

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2010, 05:17:59 am »

Tenshii....and how do I put those bones back in position ?  huh

yes, they do angle up that way in Milkshape. When I selected 'head' or 'neck' all those bones were selected too.

Tenshii~Akari
(~TA12~)
Super Mod

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2010, 09:17:37 am »

I wish I could answer that for ya, SG... but I'm not too familiar with Milkshape at all, other than what I've read and glanced through mesh tutorial-wise.  Sad  But since they seem to be set angled like that at default in Milkshape, I guess you could adjust them sort of like you did with the head bone.  It's more than likely going to end up a trial-and-error period, unless someone else knows what to do exactly to keep those hair groups from flying out on their own. 

Sim_God

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 12, 2010, 02:03:40 am »

it's Ok Tenshii Akari. I want to thank you and theraven for helping me out  cool

yes the problem was the hair bones I accidentaly moved since they are invisible in milkshape  Cry

I managed to fix some of them, but some of them I have to remake the poses from scratch.

anyway, here is the preview of my very first female posebox :

Tenshii~Akari
(~TA12~)
Super Mod

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: September 12, 2010, 06:31:10 am »

Cool!  Glad it worked out for you... I'm looking forward to seeing the finished product someday!  Grin

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: