Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 01:47:48 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Sims that just stand around driving me nuts/Sims dancing with anybody  (Read 3723 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
michaelfarmer

View Profile
« on: May 20, 2010, 09:31:37 pm »

Is it just me or does anyone else have this problem.  This is one household but i have noticed it in others. Female married to one male and engaged to the other.  I am using many mods including Nraas supercomputer and Nraas story progression (I am aware that these are not on this site).  I don't think they have anything to do with my problem anyway because I noticed this problem before I added those mods.  My adult sims will hardly interact with each other.  The 2 males will dance together and talk and one of the males constantly wants to interact with the daughter of his fiance and her husband.  Come on dude she's only 10!  I even sent the whole family to the park and they all just stood around for hours once in a while they would go swing or picnic. Just to test this I lowered their social to nothing.  They still just stood there again for hours. Finally my adult sims did start interacting with the kids, the neighbors and anyone else they could find except the males had nothing to do with their wife/fiance.  I have the males traits as hopless rom, brave,great kiss,family,party animal.  Female is party anim, neat, friendly, brave,family.  The guys are not gay because I've checked.  When I sent all 3 on vacation they were more affectionate with her.  I don't want them to constantly have whoohoo but I'm afraid if I left them alone their relationship with her would just disintigrate.  It also drives me insane to see them dance with everyone except their partner.  I guess I am used to sims 2 where they would not dance with anyone unless they were in a relationship or working on one or I had seen where a son who was not in love but was attracted to females dancing with his monther who was split from her husband.  Any advice would be great
Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

Currently distracted by Something Shiny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2010, 09:52:53 pm »

Sims are stupid, let's face it... Sometimes you just have to spark the relationships a bit, since they won't always do social stuff on their own. The couple in the family I play don't do any romantic interactions without me giving them a push. 

Sims 3 at least have the opportunity to have high free will, which works much better than free will in sims 2 (so far, none of the members of the family I play has died, peed on themselves (not including toddlers and babies), gone crazy or fainted (except a mummy attack and a sleepy toddler), in spite of having one baby, two toddlers and a child, with father working and a stay-at-home mom who does gardening, tinkering and martial arts in her spare time. Even baby care is better...)

My site:

Little Fire Burning - Chapter 85 out

~Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain~
michaelfarmer

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2010, 10:15:25 pm »

Thank you for answering Theraven.  I agree they are stupid.  I originally started playing sims with sims 1 and bought it way after sims 2 had come out.  I bought the one with all of the eps together.  It sucked and 3 weeks later I went ahead and bought sims 2 deluxe.  So I never played sims 2 without the attraction system which came with nightlife.  I am wondering if sims 2 base game was this boring until there was an attraction system.  I am really hoping they will introduce something like that in the ep after ambitions.  I just hate not knowing who is really compatiable and who is not.  It was so easy to just look at the bolts and see.   I know the traits have to do with whether they will get together or not but it is kind of boring and so hard to tell.  I have had a few pee themselves (real humans are at least smart enough to cop a squat or find a bush).  I which there was a way to max and hold their needs on an individual need basis like bladder, hygene and hunger and energy.  Using the mailbox thing maxes all of their needs so then they really get boring cause they just stand there for days until they are prompted to go to work.  It is great for skilling though.
Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2010, 11:02:36 pm »

I'm looking for a simple motive cheat myself, but right now I'm just confused about what will be compatible with what. And why did they even take away the maxmotive cheat? I can't live without that one if I don't have a substitute for insim... At least the needs are filled much faster. Some vegetables in the inventory helps on hunger if there is no time to cook or sneak around in the fridge for a snack, and they're smart enough to use the toilet, cook (love the quick snack option - no cooking, and hunger is almost filled Cheesy) and shower on their own, while toddlers and babies don't even need baths. Social - a couple of hugs or a chat is enough to max it. And I've got a neat freak who cleans the house whenever she feels like it. I think skilling is slightly faster too. Then again, there are tons of skills, so being faster is only a bonus.
But sleeping? Not even the best beds are effective enough...  

But babies are suddenly annoying again. At least it's easier to know why they are crying, since they're selectable - but it seems like they need diaper changes and feeding like ten times as often as in Sims 2... but at least there are no diapers or bottles everywhere. And why can't children do gardening? It's just... stupid.

My site:

~Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain~
jamesabrown1
Site Santa!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2010, 07:49:39 am »

You can turn on testingcheatsenabled true and then shift + click on the mailbox, then click on "make all happy" (this maxes motives) then shift + click on the mailbox again and click on "make needs static" and all sims in the family will have full-time max motives. This is sim family specific, not lot specific, so wherever any of them go (including travel destinations), motives will stay maxed. Hope that helps.
Doing a shift + click on the mailbox then click on "make needs dynamic" reverses this. Note - you have to do this every time you start the game from a save or start a new game.
Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2010, 07:54:22 am »

Thanks for the tip Smiley

Now they can work on their skills instead of running after the toddlers and babies all the time... Vacations will be much funnier, too, since they don't need to sleep half of it...

My site:

jamesabrown1
Site Santa!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2010, 01:00:32 pm »

You are very welcome. There is a mod over on MTS2, in the S3 section that will automatically turn on testingcheatsenabled true every time you start a game or a save. Saves having to type it every time. By the way, once the motives have been maxed and you have saved the game, when you resume from the save and have cheats turned on, you only need to do the make needs static thing.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: