Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 07:18:50 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
  Print  
Author Topic: My game crashes, please help!  (Read 13057 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Kristof

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: May 20, 2010, 08:58:11 am »

Thank you Gazania and Theraven.

I have some modded objects: they are poseboxes. I deleted all of them (maybe 7 -8) because I don't really need them. I loaded the game with all the CC and without the poseboxes, and it crashed.
And I made some other variations:
folder = f

f1 + f2 + f3 + f4 + 50 % of f5 = CRASH (tried already with the other half of f5)

f2 + f3 + f4 + f5 = OK
so it's fine without folder 1...

then I removed all the bodyshop files (hairs, makeups, clothes...) - I can live about them, I always just decorate houses, don't make sims.  That was 405 MB and 1 175 files. Without them, it CRASHED.

having too much files could not be a problem then, I think.
I'm looking for other modded objects / hacks in my DL folder with download organizer.

@theraven: what is the thumbnail thing? Smiley
Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

Currently distracted by Something Shiny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #46 on: May 20, 2010, 09:14:34 am »

Something conflicts with something else. Or you just have too much CC in at once... The game has to generate thumbnails for everything, and sometimes if you've got a lot of downloads it's too much to handle for the memory, and you get a memory crash.
One way to figure out if that's the problem, is to put in the folders one by one, click and place every object, and use all items in CAS, so that the game generates thumbnails for them. If it still crashes, then it's not the thumbnails.

My own XP laptop (512mb of memory) spent ages (about 1-1.5 hours) loading if I had more than 9GB of downloads. It didn't crash so much, but computers tend to be different...

Did you try to check all the hacks/mods together, by the way? Could be some are not compatible with each other, or not compatible with your EP/SPs.

What I said here.

My site:

Little Fire Burning - Chapter 85 out

~Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain~
MaryH

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 20, 2010, 08:46:53 pm »

I'm going to suggest something a bit radical:

Start from scratch-by that I mean: rename your EA Games folder to make it not load up in your game(something like "EA Games.bad files"); then make a new folder for EA Games. Start the game. Run it vanilla for a bit. (save your hoods that you want by putting them into another safe place-desktop would be good)
Then: very carefully, and with some planning, put back your CC that you really want, and know that will not crash the game.
After this, the next step is the most time consuming: just for fun, make a file in the downloads folder titled "Before install downloads"(or whatever you want..it serves as a testing point for your CC. (actually, you could make this folder and use it for all your new CC.)
With every single file you think might be causing the crash, (and individually, as well), run the game.
It will probably show up in this effort-and yes, it will be laborious-it will take time. But by doing this, you will have trimmed down your CC and also debugged the game.
You don't have to do this-but it sounds like a very mixed up mess that you have in your game, and it's not going to work very well without something radical such as regenerating the game.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
  Print  

Jump to: