Insimenator.org
April 25, 2024, 01:48:15 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Installation issue. (Solved)  (Read 2702 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Cindra
California Girl

Fun, Fresh, Fierce!!

View Profile
« on: May 21, 2010, 05:19:13 pm »

Ok so I'm having to re-install everything again, but I'm having a major problem this time around.

I install everything just fine up to Seasons, after that any stuff pack or expansion I try to install gives me an error after the "please wait..."

"EA AutoRun has encountered a problem and needs to close" or something along those lines. I check my start>all programs>ea games and low and behold there was the EP/SP that apparently gave me this error.

I try to uninstall it and it won't uninstall. It says it's already been uninstalled. Also, It's not listed on the Control Panel>Change/Remove Programs

I'm so confused on what to do. I even tried the Revo-Uninstaller and it doesn't list the EP/SP. Does anybody know why this is happening? I've never had this problem before and can't really think of what to do to resolve it. Thank in advance for any help. Smiley
« Last Edit: May 22, 2010, 09:34:46 pm by Cindra » Logged
Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

Currently distracted by Something Shiny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2010, 05:39:34 pm »

Check whether the files are really gone, and that there is no folder named "EA Games" in the documents folder, or under program files at the C: drive.

You can also try uninstalling it by using the control panel. The built-in uninstaller doesn't always do its job (thanks a bunch for your faulty games, EA...  angry )

Afterwards, check if all the files are gone.

You might also want to look in at the "reclaim your game" site to make sure it's not SecuRom that is the badguy... it came with either Seasons or FreeTime, and every EP/SP since then. 

My site:

Little Fire Burning - Chapter 85 out

~Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain~
Cindra
California Girl

Fun, Fresh, Fierce!!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2010, 06:37:14 pm »

Thank you for the reply theraven. The files are no where to be found on this computer. I was reading over SecuRom, and I'm highly doubtful that is the case. This all starts with Celebrations SP and the list of games with SecuRom didn't include Celebrations. (I'm using the original disks as well)

I was also reading a different post and someone mentioned that there could be corrupted files under this user name. I'm wondering if that's true or not. If it is, does anybody know how to find corrupted files? Or maybe a program that could find them for me so I could remove them?

Thanks for all your help.

EDIT: Just tried installing on a different user account. Nothing changed, I'm still getting same annoying error after the installation reaches 100%.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2010, 09:01:32 pm by Cindra » Logged
BlooM

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2010, 09:03:59 pm »

It is possible that there are still register key's left from your previous installation, they might mess up the installation.
Download regclean, it also can help to fix register problems.

No longer active
Cindra
California Girl

Fun, Fresh, Fierce!!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2010, 12:15:32 am »

Thanks for the tip BlooM. I have CCleaner and already cleaned registry. I even tried turning off anti-virus, updated drivers for graphics card, even tried a system restore. And someone mentioned to change the name of your InstallShield folder, and I did- Still nothing changes.

I also ran a virus scan to make sure I didn't have malware/adware preventing me from installing the EP and SP's. - No change.

It's only allowed me to install Base game, Uni, NL, both holiday party/stuff pack, Family Fun, Glamour Life, OFB, Pets, Seasons.

I still have several EP and SP's left to install and my computer is not letting me. I get that stupid error message after it gets to 100% and goes to "please wait...". This is the point where it should say "This product will now insure your sims 2 is up to date" ect.

I appreciate all your help. I'm not a computer wiz and most likely messed something up, but I'm not sure of what.

BlooM

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2010, 05:19:03 am »

I would:
-Uninstall all EP's and basegame
-Start ''execute'' regedit and manually remove the EA registerfolders from the register located in
Hkey_current_User/software and Hkey_Local_Machine/software
-Run register cleaner afterwards.
-Delete all relating folders left in both your installation folder and the sims 2 folder(documents)
-Empty your tmp folders(in your windos folder and in your documentsandsettings/user/Local settings folder(its hidden tho, need to unhide it first))
-Reboot your comp
-Reinstall basegame and EP's and stuff packs in the correct order as when they came out.
The problem could also be in your Documents and settings folder, to avoid that i would make a new useraccount and install the game on the new account.

Before trying this i would also look if i could copy the whole Seasons cd/dvd to my hard disk, to check wether the cd/dvd is damaged or not.
Thats all i can think off right now.
You could try to apply the latest patch every time you installed a EP but i have been told they are also on the cd's released later.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2010, 07:48:45 am by BlooM » Logged

No longer active
Tenshii~Akari
(~TA12~)
Super Mod

(~* Go Pink: Find the Cure *~)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2010, 07:40:21 am »

Moved to correct section.  Smiley

Cindra
California Girl

Fun, Fresh, Fierce!!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2010, 09:34:23 pm »

BlooM you are my hero!! I thank you so so much. I did everything you recommended step by step, and it worked. I'm honestly not sure exactly what it was, but whatever it was got taken care of.

I'm able to install all my EP/SP's beyond Seasons.

I can't thank you enough. I was about to give up and start playing Sims 3  Undecided. Again thank you. YAY
« Last Edit: May 24, 2010, 05:56:40 pm by Cindra » Logged
BlooM

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2010, 05:54:51 am »

Your welcome Smiley

No longer active
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: