Insimenator.org
April 18, 2024, 05:56:41 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Mediafire ate my computer  (Read 2612 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
miserydoll

I have a PhD in Horribleness!

View Profile
« on: May 23, 2010, 12:09:55 pm »

Well, I'm hoping someone here can help me.

I recently got a new desktop, so I tossed all my sims 2 stuff on Mediafire for redownload. Well, when I went on to get some more of my stuff, one of the pop-up ads so happened to be one of those virus/spyware thingies. As soon as I noticed it, I closed it out, like any smart person and went to scan my computer with my antivirus, and lo and behold, it detected something but when i tried to block it, it came up with an error saying that the file needed to block the virus was infected.

I need someone who knows how to clear out a hard drive without system restore or autorun (I can't do anything on it). If anyone can help before 5pm CST it would be greatly appreciated. If, not, I'll just have hubby do it when he gets home.
Paden
Admin

Great cat of NO mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2010, 03:01:08 pm »

Did you check the answers that you got at PMBD and MTS? If not, I HIGHLY suggest that you do so NOW because the longer you wait and fiddle fart around going all over the net, the more likely you are that you'll have to do a system restore. This damn thing infects your system and eats into it, so the longer you wait and the more programs you use, the more it's going to dig in. And in case you DO follow the advice given on PMBD, I believe F8 is the button you use to start in Safe Mode. Good luck.

BTW, do NOT shut it down. Just restart and go to Safe Mode. Take it from there. In case you need help to locate the help suggested, this contains the answer you requested.

I'm not a button, so DO NOT PUSH ME.
miserydoll

I have a PhD in Horribleness!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2010, 08:20:46 pm »

Actually, hubby called on his lunch and walked me through it. I got the system restore to work (it wouldn't work when I tried, I got a bunch of pop-ups saying a critical file was infected and the system restore wouldn't go). It just involved a lot of fast clicking before anything would happen.

Thanks to everyone who helped, I greatly appreciate it!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: